Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-01-2022, 03:42 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 2022 Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge

Happy New Year!!

I love using Scripture on my cards and projects to spread the Gospel through art! This challenge has been created to encourage you to use Scripture verses on your cards or other projects and share them with us.

You could try to memorize the verse that you use as you create, but that is not a requirement of the challenge.

I know that not everyone has a large collection of Scripture stamps, but there are many sources for free digital "stamps"- you can just copy and print verses from Bible Gateway (BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.). This source is a fabulous way to search Scripture as well as key words, etc.

Also, Word Art Wednesday offers a free digital verse every two weeks on their challenge site (Word Art Wednesday). You can copy and save their verses from their site or download from Bible Gateway (which you could re-format on your computer).

So, the 2022 Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge guidelines are simple:

1. Please create a card and/or project with a Bible verse printed, stamped, hand-written or computer generated.

2. Upload a picture of your project to the Gallery and use the keyword BVC22 in the keyword area so we can see your artwork when we search the gallery.

3. If you can, please copy the URL of your gallery upload and post to this thread so we can all check out your creation!

That's it! As I mentioned above, while the goal may be to post one project per month, you may post more than one and, if you are unable to post in a specific month, post the next month. We do not want anyone to feel pressured but would love to see you use more Scripture on your cards and projects.

If you have any questions at all, either comment in this thread or feel free to PM me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Renata Joyner (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 07:00 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 677 Likes on 349 Posts

Happy New Year! :-)

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 10:09 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 673 Likes on 416 Posts

Yes, Happy New Year, all! The sun is shining, the fledglings are squawking and flapping their little wings in the bird feeder, and the mozzies have reached plague proportions! It's a great day to get out of the summer heat and make more cards :-)

I didn't realise you had to put a link to your cards on here as well as having the keyword in the gallery, so I changed the last one I uploaded from bvc21 to bvc22, a small cheat, I know, lol. I use "Blessings" about every second card I make, so I won't link to those :-)

More scraps 1 by Renata Joyner at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Julie Gearinger (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 05:41 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

I made a card that doesn't quote chapter and verse from the bible, but the intent is certainly scriptural {and it mentions God). Hope that counts, lol.

Time of need by Renata Joyner at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Julie Gearinger (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 06:30 PM   #5  

Thanks for sharing Renata- both cards are fabulous! So thrilled that you are joining us, hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 07:09 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the encouragement, Julie! :-D Glad there's someone else in the forum, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2022, 07:51 PM   #7  

Here is a recent card using one of my favorite stamp sets from Stamp Simply (Words of Encouragement)-

TCC166 I Can Do All Things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2022, 11:05 AM   #8  

Hi Friends! Praying that all is well with you and your families! I have been creating quite a bit lately but have not had the chance to upload to my blog or gallery, time seems to fly by these days!

This card was designed using stamps, dies, etc. from Stamp Simply- I love this verse as well as the fonts used in the stamp itself. Hope to send as an encouragement for a gentleman at our church or possibly as a graduation card.

Hope and A Future
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2022, 11:42 AM   #9  

Hi Everyone! Another card with a verse sentiment from the Stamp Simply Scripture for Graduation and Beyond! I love this verse for encouragement as well as graduation :-)

Nothing is Impossible
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2022, 06:30 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,323 Posts

I'm finally here! Made 3 cards today...all similar yet different and different scripture. Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

Ps. 19:14 by FayeMakesCards at Splitcoaststampers

Ps 118:24 by FayeMakesCards at Splitcoaststampers

Ps 73:26 by FayeMakesCards at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Made this card for another challenge also

Ps. 119:105 by FayeMakesCards at Splitcoaststampers

~*OPEN* Crafters' of Faith, faith based card group by FayeMakesCards at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2022, 03:36 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone! I am sharing a card that I designed a while ago using SC407 for the layout and several stamps, dies and paper from my stash along with a verse stamp from Psalm 121.

So sorry to be away from SCS for so long, my hubby was diagnosed with a glioblastoma on March 9th and went to be with the Lord on Sunday, April 24th. The memorial service is on May 22nd and I am working on the details - transferring our old photos to digital, creating a slideshow, etc. We were able to share almost 40 years together here on earth (both of us accepted Christ as our Savior in June 1996 and served Him together in various ministries). I am so blessed.

I am also thankful that you have been participating in the challenge thread here at SCS. I hope to be able to be more active after the end of May....

SC407 My Help Comes From The Lord
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2022, 06:10 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Julie my thoughts and prayers will be with you as you walk this journey. I do not understand how people live without knowing the Lord and walk difficult journeys. Very thankful for know Him.

Reply With Quote Likes
Julie Gearinger (05-11-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 06:32 PM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie GearingerView Post
Hi Everyone! I am sharing a card that I designed a while ago using SC407 for the layout and several stamps, dies and paper from my stash along with a verse stamp from Psalm 121.

So sorry to be away from SCS for so long, my hubby was diagnosed with a glioblastoma on March 9th and went to be with the Lord on Sunday, April 24th. The memorial service is on May 22nd and I am working on the details - transferring our old photos to digital, creating a slideshow, etc. We were able to share almost 40 years together here on earth (both of us accepted Christ as our Savior in June 1996 and served Him together in various ministries). I am so blessed.

I am also thankful that you have been participating in the challenge thread here at SCS. I hope to be able to be more active after the end of May....

SC407 My Help Comes From The Lord
Julie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! But also love that your DH served the Lord!.

Reply With Quote Likes
Julie Gearinger (05-11-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 07:06 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 677 Likes on 349 Posts

Julie...I am so sorry to hear your husband passed away. Sad for you, but happy that he is with our Lord Jesus in heaven. So good to hear you had 40 years together, and served the Lord together.

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by LMstamps:
Julie Gearinger (05-11-2022), muscrat (05-08-2022)
Old 05-11-2022, 08:23 AM   #16  

Thanks Ladies for your sweet comments and prayers! I am at peace knowing that Dave is with the Lord (I miss him like crazy, of course). In the meantime, I am the admin for The Card Concept Challenge and have been able to use a few of the over 100 cards that I created and have never posted online (thankfully, I had these already finished, PTL!)

This card has one of Dave's (and my) favorite verses - Phil 4:13
SC391 I Can Do All Things Through Christ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2022, 10:18 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This is a great idea. I just found this tread today. I plan to participate. Julie, I'm sorry you lost your husband. I hope you can feel God's love for you through your friends and family. Keep spreading joy and blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Julie Gearinger (08-27-2022)
Old 05-30-2022, 04:51 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here's a card I made recently for this challenge.

Zeph. 3:17 by FayeMakesCards at Splitcoaststampers

Julie...still praying for you as you walk this journey without your husband.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2022, 05:17 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,028 Likes on 1,532 Posts

Julie! I had lost this challenge, and didn’t know it was still going! May I join in?

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2022, 05:19 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, my goodness, Julie, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband! I just went back and read. Hugs sweet friend.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2022, 07:43 AM   #21  

Oh Sharon, of course you can join in! It is open to all :-)

Thank you for your condolences- it is hard to describe how I feel right now. I am heartbroken that he is gone but thrilled that he is with the Lord! Once his memory declined in that short time (about 10 days), I knew that without a miracle, my hubby was gone. I guess it was like having a stroke and severe dementia all at once. He could barely walk at first and was bedridden for the last few weeks at home, so we were blessed that he did not suffer or at least could not register the pain (the tumor was in a location that he could not feel pain and had only one day of visible pain, the Wed before he passed on Sunday). On Wednesday, he could not communicate with me at all (prior to that he could only nod yes or no), and once we ascertained he was in pain, he was put on morphine. After that he did not eat or drink and slept the remaining days....

I am so thankful that we both accepted Christ as our Savior on the same day in June 1996 and I know that Dave is with Jesus in Heaven! I am at peace with that knowledge and know that I did everything possible to keep him here on earth with me. I miss his daily presence but we had almost 40 wonderful years together, so I feel that he is still here with me as well. I wish I would have spent more time with him when he was doing all of our yard work and vehicle maintenance, he has some big shoes to fill, lol! I mowed our weekend home property yesterday (it is wild and woolly, as Dave would say)- does not look as good as it would if he mowed but it is mowed! Other than a little snake on the mower when I opened the shed and running out of gas mid-way, lol, I did OK.

I am also rearranging our entire home (craft room moving into master bedroom, library to old craftroom, etc.) so I have not had time to create or comment lately. I miss being creative!

Hugs and thanks for reaching out- I hope you are staying healthy as well as the rest of your family. I look forward to seeing your lovely artwork, sweet friend!

Last edited by Julie Gearinger; 06-05-2022 at 07:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by Julie Gearinger:
DCinkit (06-06-2022), muscrat (06-05-2022), Renata Joyner (06-05-2022), smadson (06-05-2022)
Old 06-06-2022, 03:06 PM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is my card. I followed Faye here when I looked in her gallery to honor her as Featured Stamper, so this card is one I CASED of hers.

Jun22VSNMINI3 Hummingbird for Faye sm by smadson at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2022, 03:27 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is a card I made for a different challenge...works here too!

1 Cor. 10:31 by FayeMakesCards at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2022, 07:07 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is one, finally!
JUN22VSNB Ex. 15:2 sm by smadson at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
LMstamps (06-18-2022)
Old 06-25-2022, 02:47 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad I found this challenge! This is my first time participating. Here is my card, using 1 Peter 5:7.
BVC22 Cast Your Cares by MerMer5050 at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
LMstamps (06-26-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 09:18 PM   #26  

Hi Ladies!
I had to have dental surgery this past Monday and was instructed to take it easy, so I decided to create a few cards! This is the first time I have created since my hubby went to be with the Lord- it was tough getting started but once I did, I was able to create seven unique cards :-)
Sunflower Season
This card uses a great verse Ecc 3:1 and I will most likely use as an encouragement card.
Hugs and thanks again for participating!
Reply With Quote Likes
LMstamps (07-29-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 09:49 PM   #27  
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't really know you at all, Julie, but couldn't help reading about your tragedy on here, and thinking how hard it must be for you. Shalom to your heart. Your card is really nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2022, 10:27 PM   #28  

Thanks Renata, you are so sweet to comment! I do miss him but feel that he is still with me in spirit :-) Hugs and I hope you have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (07-28-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 09:58 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Julie, I am so glad you felt like creating again. Hugs to you.
Here is a card for the challenge.

DTGD22JRHolbrookA I Samuel 16:76 by smadson at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
LMstamps (07-29-2022)
Old 07-31-2022, 07:44 AM   #30  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 326 Likes on 229 Posts

Hugs Julie! Good to see you crafting again. God has blessed you with a creative talent.

I hope to get back into this challenge more. Here's mine:

IC869 BVC22 Each of Us by DCinkit at Splitcoaststampers

The Lord bless you all today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2022, 05:06 AM   #31  

Here is another card that I designed recently with Stamp Simply stamps/dies, etc. I love the fonts that Sharon uses on her verses and this verse from John 8:14 seems perfect for the lighthouse image.

F4A647_SC304 Light of the World

Hugs and thanks again for sharing all of your verse cards with us- I hope you have a wonderfully blessed week, sweet friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2022, 04:09 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

Here's a card I made yesterday with Ecclesiastes 3:11:

BVC22 Everything Beautiful by MerMer5050 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2022, 01:10 PM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is one for Ps. 55:22. Recently, I have needed masculine praying/thinking of you cards. I think this will fit the bill.
TLC905, SC920 Ps. 55:22 sm by smadson at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
LMstamps (08-28-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 02:10 PM   #34  

Thanks Barbara! So sorry I did not see your comment on this thread (from 05/30) until today- so glad that you found us and we look forward to seeing your artwork in the gallery! Hugs and God Bless!

Last edited by Julie Gearinger; 09-19-2022 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2022, 05:21 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy September everyone. Here's mine for this month. It has one of
my favorite verses that reminds me there is always something to be
thankful for.

FS813 BVC22 Tulips by DCinkit at Splitcoaststampers

God's blessings to you.
TFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2022, 06:37 PM   #36  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Continued prayers for you, Julie!

Here is a card I made to send to a family member serving abroad for a year, missing family with young kids. I combined an old Verve stamp with new dies I got as part of the Concord and 9th Summer Camp event: Life Up My Eyes

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Julie Gearinger (09-19-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 01:32 PM   #37  
Stampin' Fool

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I visited SCS group. I visited the Bible Verse challenge gallery and I love seeing the projects. They encourage me a lot reading all the Bible verses on your cards.

Hopefully I will be able to join soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by byHelenG:
DCinkit (09-26-2022), Julie Gearinger (09-26-2022), LMstamps (09-26-2022), muscrat (09-26-2022), Renata Joyner (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #38  

So thrilled that you visited our galleries Helen, thanks for all the sweet comments! Hugs, sweet friend and I hope you have a blessed fall!
Reply With Quote Likes
DCinkit (10-12-2022)
Old 10-12-2022, 03:05 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Here is one I created today for a friend:

CAS710 In Everything by DCinkit at Splitcoaststampers

TFL
Reply With Quote Likes
Julie Gearinger (10-12-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 03:33 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

I made this card over the weekend using Philippians 1:6:

BVC22 Being Confident by MerMer5050 at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking! Hope everyone is well.
Reply With Quote Likes