Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2023, 05:55 PM   #361  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,008 Likes on 684 Posts

Stay safe... we are in the midst of a blizzard.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smileyj:
hoptownracer1 (03-31-2023), kazeka (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 12:57 PM   #362  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
Actually the dog is laying outside on the deck. The wind is blowing like crazy, but she does not want to come inside. All sorts of limbs are all over the back yard, from the neighbor's tree. Our trees were trimmed this year and dead limbs removed as well as dead trees. The neighbor's tree keeps dropping limbs in every storm. I guess we will be paying the tree guy once again to take away the limbs that have fallen in our yard. So far, no tornadoes in our area.

My daughter took a weather class this week with NOA. She is now able to watch the weather and call it in to the special phone number. Not sure if she will, but she is excited and watching the weather on her computer. She keeps asking where certain towns are in MO. We really do not go anywhere too much, so she has no concept of where some of these towns are. Geography in action!
Oh, I hope you're all staying safe! This winter has been a real kicker and there has flooding and down trees in our area. Fortunately, we've been just fine. Husband had to go up on the roof last week to clear debris out of the gutters after all the wind and rain clogged them again. Argh...we have a 2 story house with tile roof...so not a fan of him going up there.
While I'm on here, I wanted to thank you for that adorable graduation stamp set that arrived last week. I'll definitely be using it for my grandkids! Now, just need to get my mojo back and crafting again soon.
Karen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
lovinpaper (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 01:05 PM   #363  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,849 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Karen, all is well. We basically had high winds. They are done and it is a beautiful day!

Glad you like the stamps. Have fun with them. I used them when my daughter graduated high school and maybe few other times, but I am not invited to graduation anything, so I haven't needed to use these. I still have other images from other companies if I need to create anything for graduation.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
kazeka (04-02-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 05:43 PM   #364  
Kookie Creator

Received 307 Likes on 143 Posts

Good evening! I'm hijacking this thread to give an update on the catio. Finished it yesterday and though they are wary, all three cats spent a couple of hours out there today -- and we didn't have to coax them much. We finally decided to put the cat door at the window rather than punching a hole in the wall. Now I just need to find a table to place at the window exit for them. The ladies are at the west windows basking in the sun, but Sky agreed to model for us. Pictures below. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Pay It Forward...-apr-enterance.jpeg   2023 Pay It Forward...-apr-front-2.jpg   2023 Pay It Forward...-apr-front.jpg   2023 Pay It Forward...-apr-right.jpeg   2023 Pay It Forward...-apr-sky-inside.jpeg  

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 12 users liked this post by AScrapofKindness:
Arlene_C (04-01-2023), desertdeb (04-01-2023), Grandmasue (04-02-2023), hoptownracer1 (04-02-2023), kazeka (04-02-2023), leibetty (04-03-2023), lovinpaper (04-01-2023), ozarkstamper (04-01-2023), Renata Joyner (04-01-2023), smadson (04-01-2023), smhtwin (04-04-2023), smileyj (04-04-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 05:57 PM   #365  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 293 Likes on 195 Posts

Wow - that’s a pretty deluxe summer house for you cat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2023, 06:04 PM   #366  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 385 Likes on 208 Posts

Your kitties are so loved and so fortunate to have such a space. So awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2023, 06:25 PM   #367  
Gallery Gazer

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Very nice! Thanks for the update! I hope they thoroughly enjoy it! Sky is beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2023, 06:35 PM   #368  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,849 Likes on 1,938 Posts

Awesome! Lercy, our kitty would be jealous. She got her own drinking fountain today. It has the filter and now we do not have to stand with a bottle of water for her to drink.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2023, 06:47 PM   #369  

Received 283 Likes on 168 Posts

Nice catio, Lercy! I’m thinking my grand-cat, George, would love one of these. I may have to show these photos to his human “dad”, who already has some woodworking projects in mind to complete this summer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2023, 09:33 PM   #370  
Glitter Guru

Received 877 Likes on 522 Posts
Smile

Lercy, That is wonderful!!! I bet the kitties will enjoy it! I think that is a good idea to put it at a window for access. Sky is an excellent model; so pretty! So glad you shared your pics of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2023, 12:23 PM   #371  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I have these to offer. U.S. only.
I cut the twines in half, so I could share them with more people.
2 Silver and white twinesSPOKEN FOR
2 Gold and silver twines SPOKEN FOR
Jellibean stamp set SPOKEN FOR

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 04-04-2023 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Update on availability
Reply With Quote Likes
kazeka (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 04:00 PM   #372  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by AScrapofKindnessView Post
Good evening! I'm hijacking this thread to give an update on the catio. Finished it yesterday and though they are wary, all three cats spent a couple of hours out there today -- and we didn't have to coax them much. We finally decided to put the cat door at the window rather than punching a hole in the wall. Now I just need to find a table to place at the window exit for them. The ladies are at the west windows basking in the sun, but Sky agreed to model for us. Pictures below. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Wow, that is beautiful! I always wanted one for our cats but we couldn't even manage to have a patio roof put on so a catio was never going to happen. All our access to the backyard is through sliding glass doors, so that was another issue. I'll bet your kitties are going to just love having that protected access to fresh air. So much to see and ignore (as cats so often do!).
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
hoptownracer1 (04-02-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 06:00 PM   #373  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 678 Likes on 420 Posts

Interesting enclosure for the cats. I've never heard of a catio before. Why don't they just go out the cat flap? Are they elderly?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2023, 06:10 PM   #374  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default All taken

US travel arrangements have now been made for these. Thanks, everyone.

Anyway, I've got 28 stamps to give away. I'm not sure how to dole them out really. It would be my preference to send them all to one person in the States and let them distribute from there, but then they would have to pay the postage, which isn't ideal. I could send to individuals if I put numbers on them? I dunno. Please chime in with suggestions before I finalise any requests.

None of them are sticky but some are stained from the inks I used. Looking forward to your ideas.

Last edited by Renata Joyner; 04-04-2023 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: Items disposed of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2023, 07:18 PM   #375  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Since you are out of the U.S., it would probably be best to send them all to one or two people. Otherwise, I'm thinking it might be rather expensive for you.

That frog stamp set is adorable. Out of curiosity, what is the stamp in the upper right corner? It looks like tiny little tractors to me, but I'm definitely not sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 08:54 PM   #376  
Proud Fan Club Member

One of my SCS friends has agreed to take the lot and send out bits at a time to other people in the US, so I think that's what I'll do. I don't mind paying the postage that way. It's fine. I'm just glad someone else can use these! @Paper Junky I think it'd be ok for you to have the frogs, I'll consult with my distributor, lol. She's on this list 😊 The stamp in the upper right is like a tread pattern, or rivets. I've only used it for Gelli printing to make an interesting pattern in the paint. I forgot I had the printed acetate for that, now attached.

Reply With Quote Likes
kazeka (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 08:55 PM   #377  
Proud Fan Club Member

Gosh that photo is HUGE! Sorry about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2023, 09:15 PM   #378  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata JoynerView Post
One of my SCS friends has agreed to take the lot and send out bits at a time to other people in the US, so I think that's what I'll do. I don't mind paying the postage that way. It's fine. I'm just glad someone else can use these! @Paper Junky I think it'd be ok for you to have the frogs, I'll consult with my distributor, lol. She's on this list 😊 The stamp in the upper right is like a tread pattern, or rivets. I've only used it for Gelli printing to make an interesting pattern in the paint. I forgot I had the printed acetate for that, now attached.

Wow, that's such a fantastic pattern and would make for a great, textured background. I love industrial designs. I never would have figured that matched up with the other photo!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2023, 05:50 AM   #379  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 638 Likes on 448 Posts

I have Stampin Up Apothecary Art to offer
Apothecary Art - Index by galleryindex at Splitcoaststampers

All the stamps are stored in one case. I am pretty sure I never used it

SPOKEN FOR

Last edited by PMR; 04-04-2023 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
leibetty (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 12:49 PM   #380  
Glitter Guru

Received 836 Likes on 548 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AScrapofKindnessView Post
In my next life, I want to come back as one of Lercy's cats
Love the catio and are showing the pics to a friend who is thinking of doing the same thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smhtwin:
hoptownracer1 (04-04-2023), leibetty (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 07:34 PM   #381  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata JoynerView Post
Renata,
Thank you so much for the offer of the frog set. It really is adorable! However, I think I will let someone else enjoy it as I have something similar to it and, right now, I just have way too much going on. But thank you, again, for offering it.

Sunday, I started emptying my craft room so I can do a sort of "remodel." I'm getting a couple of shelves--one from Amazon and one from Ikea to, hopefully, hold all of the sets that I currently have in numerous small shelves in my craft room along with everything else of course. I'll be having the room painted a very faint peach color. We have an interesting area rug in our livingroom that, because I want to redo the livingroom as well, I am claiming ownership of the area rug. The width of it will fit into my craft room quite nicely. The length is about 17 inches too long. So Friday I'm going to bring it to a carpet store and they can cut off the extra length and then bind the raw edge. It's a great deal, actually, because it's only going to cost $2/foot to bind the raw edge, and it will be like 12-13 feet that they have to bind. I can't complain.

I'll be going through my crafting stuff before I bring it back into my craft room as some of it I just haven't ever used . My room was really quite full, and it was actually getting overwhelming, so I'll be listing some stuff on here probably in a month or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Paper Junky:
Renata Joyner (04-04-2023), smadson (04-05-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 11:06 PM   #382  
Glitter Guru

Brenda, Your room sounds like it will be very nice! Soft peach is such a pretty color!
The PIFs I listed the other day all went out in Tuesday's mail.
They are calling for bad weather again Wednesday, so we are going to try to get our running done before then. Will be praying for everyone's safety!
Been working on the Virtual Stamping challenge. Thanks Lisa for mentioning it to us! Hopefully, I can get a few cards built up ahead, as I was running low.
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 05:00 AM   #383  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,552 Posts

VSN is a great way too. build up a stash of cards! I love being able to grab a birthday or anniversary card for someone as I go out the door for someone at church. That is why I have all this stuff! LOL

Brenda, I know what you mean about your room being overwhelming sometimes! I just wish I was better about letting go of some of it! I will pack a box of several sets of stamps I haven’t used for a while and take them to the basement. Then next thing you know I have gone down there and brought up a set to use. During VSN, I went down twice and brought back two sets! I think that is called shopping your stash! Anyway, my little craft room is closing in on me! I have to do something!

New paint, shelves and rug sound fun!

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smadson:
hoptownracer1 (04-05-2023), Renata Joyner (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 07:41 AM   #384  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Random hand stamped/envelope stamps. Some are technique tuesday. As I use a stamp, I am trying to look at the others in the set. If I don't use them often, I am splitting the sets (not SU or CTMH) and keeping the ones I really like.

Send a PM if you are interested. US only for ease of shipping

Spoken for
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Pay It Forward...-d9fc5d27-4e54-4ae5-8a9e-16088dc18154.jpg  

Last edited by PMR; 04-05-2023 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2023, 08:07 AM   #385  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had been working on cleaning out and organizing my craft room but got sidetracked when we had the new HVAC unit installed and then yard clean up and maintenance took priority. I am struggling to get back to the craft room. The confusion is driving me crazy.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Arlene_C:
hoptownracer1 (04-05-2023), kazeka (04-07-2023), Renata Joyner (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 09:09 AM   #386  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I have an overwhelming amount of stuff. I am slowly going through. I am trying to use what I have and I am trying to buy less! I have been scrapbooking and joined the sb challenge thread here. I will try to do some VSN challenges, but I don't know if I will have time.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by PMR:
hoptownracer1 (04-05-2023), kazeka (04-07-2023), smadson (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 11:01 AM   #387  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 371 Likes on 229 Posts

PMR I have been thinking about separating some sets too! EVEN SU!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by leibetty:
RJP111 (04-05-2023), smadson (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 05:45 PM   #388  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a few items to offer/pif:
Zig Millennium journaling pen .05 pure brown color *spoken for*
Galaxy marker broad point milky way white (a chalk marker)*spoken for*
SU black journaling pen fine point *spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Lovely Lipstick *spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Mint Macaron* spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Soft Sea Foam * spoken for*

Stampin' write marker So Saffron *spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Basic Gray *spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Pear Pizzazz*spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Blackberry Bliss *spoken for*

Stampin' write marker Flirty Flamingo *spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Gorgeous Grape *spoken for*

Stampin' write marker Soft Suede *spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Daffodil Delight *spoken for*
Stampin' write marker Mossy Meadow *spoken for*

PM me with name, address & choice(s)

Last edited by Arlene_C; 04-06-2023 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: updated
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2023, 07:17 AM   #389  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Leigh Anne,
I think we have to do what works for us. I have been using my stamps more lately. I need to figure out a better solution for the SU sets that have dies. Some dies are versatile, but they are "hidden" witht the stamps. I am thinking some sort of reference set would work for this. I just haven't done it yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
leibetty (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 07:39 AM   #390  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Pia, I use Evernote. I have everything in it, then when I need a bird, for example, it tells me what I have with a bird, and usually where I have it stored and if it is wood or non wood mounted. Because my SU! Non wood sets are alphabetical in a drawer. My SU sets still wood mounted are on a shelf. And I have sentiments, animal, birthday, sympathy in categories in cubby holes in another place! LOL
Originally, it was quite a process of putting everything in Evernote, and I haven’t been too good putting new things in there, but I try. I have the free version, so I can only add so many “notes” per month. But that wasn’t a problem. But it is totally worth the work. I have my dies, and some EFs in there. Oh, and I input the photo in there too, from off web.
I did all this about 10 years ago.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2023, 07:40 AM   #391  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

actually, I DO separate my rubber sets but I haven't sold off ( or given away) any partial sets YET
but not photopolymer yet, since they usually have the printed sheet

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2023, 07:43 AM   #392  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

My Evernote is accessible to me on my laptop or my iPad. So, another perk is if you put it on your phone, is if you see something out shopping you could check if you already have it! LOL. I used to go to a lot of garage sales, and I would take my iPad, so I could check! I don’t have a fancy phone.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2023, 08:41 AM   #393  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
My Evernote is accessible to me on my laptop or my iPad. So, another perk is if you put it on your phone, is if you see something out shopping you could check if you already have it! LOL. I used to go to a lot of garage sales, and I would take my iPad, so I could check! I don’t have a fancy phone.
This is one of the reasons I love having Evernote. I can't even begin to tell you how much I've saved by being able to check my Evernote list.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2023, 08:43 AM   #394  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

I use airtable for my inventory and I like it. still don't have all the info about older sets I want in yet, but the name at the least
and I have been pretty good about adding new sets... sometimes I do it as soon as I order

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2023, 09:09 AM   #395  
Glitter Guru

I stored some links to stamps and dies I have in Pinterest. I just made a category for those.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by hoptownracer1:
auntangie (04-08-2023), Renata Joyner (04-06-2023), smadson (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 09:27 AM   #396  
Proud Fan Club Member

You guys make me look so good, lol!! I have three ring binders with plastic pocket pages to store my stamps, plus three little clear plastic boxes for my individual word stamps and tiny florals and swirls. My hand-carved stamps are in a couple of SU plastic cases. End of story, lol 😊 Phew!
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 09:28 AM   #397  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the evernote information. I should do it, I have to think about it. As a librarian you would think I would be better organized! I would love to know which sentiment stamps are with which sets. I should just commit the time and try something. I was keeping a notebook, but that got old really fast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2023, 09:35 AM   #398  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, wow! Look what just came up in Natasha Foote's FB group: a free work space organisation summit!

https://papercraftersgetorganized.co...afootecreative

Definitely signing up for this!
Reply With Quote Likes
smadson (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 10:32 AM   #399  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

yes, I already signed up this morning for the free part. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Renata Joyner (04-06-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 02:18 PM   #400  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 511 Likes on 284 Posts

Pia- the bathroom humor stamps came today. I'm still chuckling. Thank you! (I'm pretty sure at least one of these will be featured on DH's next card from me!)

Reply With Quote Likes