Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #201  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seem to be having trouble with my um stamps not being so clingy after I have used them and cleaned them. I use the homemade cleaner with glycerin and baby wash it seems a bit oily on the stamps after I clean them is that my problem?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 08:22 AM   #202  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewmuch2d0View Post
I justfinished converting my stamps. I decided to eave my background stamps mounted and my alpha stamps - at least those that had already been mounted. No regrets here! I als left some of the small phrases ones

My biggest frustration was I like to have binder that shows all the stamp images in each set - since this wasn't always easy to do, especially if I unmounted them from the wood, I found what I think is a prefect solution

I go to the gallery and print in a word document the Index page for the set - that way, I can keep it in a 3 ring binder - works good when I am trying to think of a design and helps remind me of all the cool stamps that I forgot about

HTH
The idea of printing the index card is pure genious. I never thought of that. TFS. I did want to mention that when I take the time to make an index sheet, I go ahead and stamp a piece of cardstock several times with each stamp and leave enough room for whatever cutting or punching I might do to the stamp. When I am watching TV with my family or waiting in a doctor's office, and want to do something, I pull out my uncolored images and color them while I watch TV. Then when I am in a hurry to make a card, I have stamped and colored images to choose from and I just have to punch or cut it out and add it to my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #203  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Put your stamp in the microwave for 3 sec and it will peal off the block.
AmandaW, I love your signature. It says it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #204  
Stampin' Fool

Question storing E-Z Mounted stamps

I am mounting most of my stamps on E-Z Mount and I have read that some of you store your stamps in CD cases.

My question is this: Do you stick the stamp directly on the plastic inside the case or do you put something on the plastic first? Also, do you think that just sticking the stamp on the plastic damage the back of the E-Z Mount?

I have several loose leaf binders with the plastic storage pages but I think the CD cases would be a lot easier to store.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #205  
Stampin' Fool

Default purchasing E-Z Mount

I also purchase my E-Z Mount from Modesto, Ca. It is called Simple Treasures Collage. I think the price is reasonable and the shipping is VERY fast. I found them on eBay and they seem to be the cheapest I have found on eBay. Simple Treasures Collage also sells the storage pages in both tabbed and not tabbed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #206  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post
I am mounting most of my stamps on E-Z Mount and I have read that some of you store your stamps in CD cases.

My question is this: Do you stick the stamp directly on the plastic inside the case or do you put something on the plastic first? Also, do you think that just sticking the stamp on the plastic damage the back of the E-Z Mount?

I have several loose leaf binders with the plastic storage pages but I think the CD cases would be a lot easier to store.
I just bought 200 CD cases from Rimi, with shipping it was about 36 dollars, GREAT bargain. I am just putting the stamps right on the plastic CD case, so far no problems at all : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #207  
Insane Embellisher

NO!!!! I now have 200 sets available at my fingertips on a cd swivel carosel at the edge of my worktable. It's wonderful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #208  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusybView Post
I seem to be having trouble with my um stamps not being so clingy after I have used them and cleaned them. I use the homemade cleaner with glycerin and baby wash it seems a bit oily on the stamps after I clean them is that my problem?
If the cling doesn't seem to be sticking very well, rinse it off with water (and a little soap if it has an oily feel to it). After using the stamps a while the cling will get a little dirty, or if you get cleaner that has an oily feel to it on the cling it will not stick to the acrylic block as well. Sometimes you will also need to clean your acrylic block if it gets dirty or oily. Some of the cleaners have an oily feel and I imagine that glycerin would do the same. Rinsing/washing them will make them stick like new.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #209  
Die Cut Diva

Don't store your acrylcixs in CD cases, I read that the materials used to make the CD cases could break down the materials used to make your clear stamps.

And also don't store ezmount on acetate, the acetate will eventually break down the ezmount.

Interesting reading as I am too thinking on unmounting all of my sets. I am one who mounted SU as I used them and never put the sticker on the block. LOL must've known deep down a different orgaizational system would be afoot in the future. LOL

Now I have read two full pages of this thread so far and I have one question.....

what exactly is the plastic wrap method? I saw it mentioned a few times but didn't quite understand it.

A friend of mine gets the heebie jeebies when reading of unmounting SU sets as she is always thinking of the resale value of them but I buy to use and to enjoy...and I love how much space it'll save. If I ever decide to get rid of a set or a stamp I am not going to worry about the possible "what would I have gotten for this had it been mounted" the trend right now is acrylixs and the wave of the future is to unmount anyways....so I dont' think in the long run the resale value would make a difference...maybe in the long run the sale will be higher on an unmounted versus the mounted, kwim?

Love the idea of indexing but a question on that as well:

The time it takes to look through a binder could've been the time it took to look through the cd's and automatically grab, instead of looking through binder then finding on shelf...no? LOL

Also someone mentioned that they use stazon to stamp the image to the cling side of ezmount...don't you have a problem in getting the stamp off cause that part is sticky?

I have read too where people put the sticker from the wood blocks directly on the rubber or the exmount then use Tack it Over and Over so you can have the image right there against the acrylic block as the method above with stazon ink.

PLEASE recycle those wood blocks...I cring that the wood being thrown away....those poor trees...... *sigh*

Cannot wait to read the rest of this thread and all linked to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #210  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintlcView Post
what exactly is the plastic wrap method? I saw it mentioned a few times but didn't quite understand it.

Also someone mentioned that they use stazon to stamp the image to the cling side of ezmount...don't you have a problem in getting the stamp off cause that part is sticky?

I have read too where people put the sticker from the wood blocks directly on the rubber or the exmount then use Tack it Over and Over so you can have the image right there against the acrylic block as the method above with stazon ink.
I'll try to answer your first two questions for you:

1. I haven't tried the plastic wrap method yet myself but what I have read is that they stick the stamp with the adhesive foam still attached that comes with them onto a piece of plastic wrap like you use in the kitchen. (Saran Wrap, Glad Wrap, etc.) The plastic has to be smooth, no wrinkles.

2. You stamp the stazon on the side of the ezmount that adheres to the acrylic block. Ezmount has sticky adhesive on one side that you stick to the back of your rubber stamp. The other side is smooth and slick like vinyl that "clings" to the acrylic block. I stamped some of my images on Ezmount with Stazon when I first started to unmount. I found that it causes the Ezmount to not adhere to the acrylic block as solidly as without stamping on it. It is also difficult to stamp on the slick side of the Ezmount with a stamp and then get it lined up perfectly when you attach the rubber stamp to the sticky side of the Ezmount. You have to cut the rubber out with a notch or something to help get it lined up. It also leaves faint Stazon ink images on my cd case I store them in. I found that the shape of the stamp was all I needed. If I need it to be lined up I use my Stamp-a-ma-jig.

Hope this helps. I love my stamps mounted on EzMount. I have them in a CD Swivel storage thing right on my table top. It holds like 50 cd cases. I stamp an index and have them in a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch binder by sets, then by themes for individual stamps. I have blank sheets and white card stock cut to the size of the cd case in the binder so when I get new stamps I just grab a sheet and a cd index card and stamp them, write the name and date etc. at the top of the page. It's easier to go through the binder and see what I have unless I know what set I'm wanting to use. The cd carousel I use I can just see the ends of the cds with the names and I don't remember all the stamps in every set. As I get more stamps it has also been handy to flip though the index to see what I have so I don't buy the same or similar stamps. I can also see what type of stamps I have less of and might want to look for. I have a tendency to purchase a lot of flower stamps!

As for resale? I get excited to find when somebody has stamps for sale already mounted on EzMount!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #211  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by flwrldy3View Post
I'll try to answer your first two questions for you:

1. I haven't tried the plastic wrap method yet myself but what I have read is that they stick the stamp with the adhesive foam still attached that comes with them onto a piece of plastic wrap like you use in the kitchen. (Saran Wrap, Glad Wrap, etc.) The plastic has to be smooth, no wrinkles.

As for resale? I get excited to find when somebody has stamps for sale already mounted on EzMount!
That is exactly the plastic wrap method. I tried it and I didn't think the plastic wrap stuck well enough to the acrylic blocks. Similarly I tried the sheets of vinyl cling - which also was a little touchy about sticking to the acrylic blocks. If you created some static on it by rubbing it briskly on your sleeve or pressed really hard it would stick well... I didn't want to deal with that.

Now there are two methods I use. One is to mount them on EZmount - your ace-in-the-hole if you ask me. The other is to use Tack'n'Peel on an acrylic block. Not only can you stick simply a rubber die on this and peel it right off, you can also stick brand new SU stamps with the backing paper still on and then peel it right up. This is a HUGE plus for me -- can you imagine when/if a bunch more stamps become diecut?? You can use them right out of the box with no cutting, no sticking, no nothin'! Anyway... I love using that!

And it's great to hear that there are people out there who are excited to buy used EZmounted sets... I haven't tried to sell any of mine yet, but it's comforting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #212  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintlcView Post
Don't store your acrylcixs in CD cases, I read that the materials used to make the CD cases could break down the materials used to make your clear stamps.

I haven't ever heard about problems with acrylics in CD cases! Papertrey even provides CD cases with theirs. That's wear I keep all of my stamps - EZmount, rubber only, and acrylics of every kind. Maybe I'll have to contact a manufacturer and get the scoop -- it's not that I think your wrong! I just have too many stored that way and don't like the other systems so I'm HOPING you're wrong :mrgreen: !!

I have a ton of clean brand new blocks and can't bear to throw them away... they are so nice, but for me right now pretty useless :rolleyes: ... know anyone who wants them?? Maybe SU should start a recycling program!! We can send them our unused blocks. Maybe then they'd realize they don't have to sell them to some of us!

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #213  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

LIke the previous poster, I haven't unmounted yet and am not sure I plan to ~ because I'm one of those big chickens! LOL! Just kidding I've only REALLY gotten (ahem, hooked) on stamping the past year so I don't have more than 20 sets yet. Not enough to get overcrowded and I have an entire spare room for my craft room. I like the idea though. I'm super organized so they all stay in their original SU trays and on the shelves where I can see them. I have bins and wicker baskets full of misc. stamps that I can never see - I know they are there, but they just sort of hang out for now ;)

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 12:40 AM   #214  
Rubber Obsessor

I have just started to un-mount my Stampin Up collection and my loose stamps. I have finished all of my Christmas sets (except the large background stamps which I will leave mounted). I love the results...More space for more stamps...the ability to see where my stamped image is being placed...the ease in which you can take several sets with you when you are going to a stamping get together...and the same quality stamped image.

I use the Ez Mount cling. I tried the glue and double sided tape when I got my first unmounted stamps and feel the quality of the Ez Mount is worth the extra expense. I have filled 72 cd cases so far and I have only cleared out two drawers....It is going to take quite a bit of time and expense, but I feel it is worth it.

The convenience of having the stamps closer to my work area is unbelievable....My advise to anyone undertaking this quest is 1. Get a hot knife...Who ever came up with this should be sainted... 2. Keep a very detailed log. I have a binder that has copies of the sets block stickers (before they were separated for mounting). I have a second binder that has all of the images sorted by type (Example: Leaves, Flowers, Phases....) regardless of which set but labeled as to which set they came out of. It takes time but works great for me. 3. Don't try to do it all at once. Keep mounting foam and your hot knife out and plug away at it . You will be surprised how many you get done.

I am looking forward to reading more of how other people feel about unmounting. I was very nervous at the beginning, but now I feel great about it. When people ask me if I worry about ruining the value I tell them I have the stamps I want to use. I am not in the resale business. I stamp because I love it and not to make money. It is cheaper to buy a card at Hallmark than to make one. But even those with the great sentiments will not be held as dearly as the ones sent from the heart and made by hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #215  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by katzkreationz azView Post
II am looking forward to reading more of how other people feel about unmounting. I was very nervous at the beginning, but now I feel great about it. When people ask me if I worry about ruining the value I tell them I have the stamps I want to use. I am not in the resale business. I stamp because I love it and not to make money. It is cheaper to buy a card at Hallmark than to make one. But even those with the great sentiments will not be held as dearly as the ones sent from the heart and made by hand.
I loved reading your post ~ and the nod to St. Hot Knife Inventor! I was a little apprehensive at first but not as much as some. Your comments are so right on about your love for your stamps. I think most of us agree we need to do what makes the most sense to us personally for our hobby ... and you name all of the features that make unmounting a good experience!! I also love being able to choose my own image and sentiment ~ and adding that special touch of taking the time to make it. I have a stamp that has a crown like the Hallmark crown and says "when you care enough to make it yourself" LOL!!

And keep in mind, as more and more people catch on to the good things about unmounting, I don't know that you are really devaluing them at all. In some cases people prefer to buy and sell unmounteds - the shipping is a lot cheaper than wood ;)

Glad to hear that you've had such a positive experience!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #216  
Matboard Maniac

I unmounted all of mine a little over a month ago and I am so glad I did! I have used them more in the last month than the whole time I have had them because I have a storage issue and I could not access my stamps easy, now I can

No regrets here :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #217  
Pearl-ExPert

I am on information overload. Lots of good ideas here. I need to take the plunge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 04:51 AM   #218  
Die Cut Diva

Default my temporary regret

I have one unmounting regret - that it's taking me sooooooo long to complete this project! ;)

I've been working on it for months, and I'm pretty burned out. I must have gone through at least 20 Xyron laminating cartridges so far. I should be finished in enough time to make things for this year's teacher's appreciation week!

Seriously, though, I think that when I'm finished (and get the kinks worked out) I will be very glad I did it. I'll be glad for the space, organization, and am already grateful for the refresher on which stamps I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #219  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Just a quick update. Still thrilled that I unmounted!! I have found that I need to keep a damp sponge nearby for the older sets that I unmounted and attached plastic wrap to -- after awhile, the plastic doesn't stick that great. I will probably end up just putting these on EZmount - I only did a half dozen sets that way.

I found a new product I'm excited to try. At www.stampostore.com you get to the Viva Las Vegas store and they have vinyl cling sheets specifically to work with SU-type stamps that you don't want to mount on wood! You just stick the cushion to one side and the other side is cling. They are 79 cents for each 8-1/2 x 11 sheets. I just ordered a bunch yesterday and can't wait to try them. You don't even have to trim all that close because a little extra cling sticking out won't hurt anything and sort of gives you a place to grab and pull off your case or storage sheet. I will let you know when I get them if they are the answer I was looking for!!

Now I have a question! If these sheets are really nice to work with, I'd like to put my old sets that I'm unmounting on them too. After I take the die and cushion off the block, there's sometimes a fair amount of stickiness left so I'm hoping it's enough. But if it's not?? Does anyone know of a good glue or adhesive of some kind that I could use on the back of the old semi-sticky cushion to stick to these new vinyl/cling sheets? It'd be a little easier and a lot cheaper than going the EZmount way but that is of course the best solution if all else fails!!

So, I'd appreciate any suggestions!! I'm also curious how people who unmount and want to go back to wood would mount their's back onto wood. Can you buy something like EZmount sheets that have adhesive like the SU stamps instead of cling on the back? Just wondering how they do it.

Thanks!
Hello Phantom,

What has been your experience with the vinyl cling sheets? I purchased 2 sheets of EZ mount a couple of months back but I haven't taken the plunge to UM yet; too many summer/household projects and I haven't had a day where I can spend just doing this w/o feeling guilty about just doing this (KWIM?) . The EZ mount sheets are pricey - my two sheets were - and the vinyl cling you mention are a great price. How would I use these vinyl sheets only to UM my wood mounted sets? BTW, I have 25 sets I am looking to convert to UM. Would the vinyl cling be used the same way as Saran or Glad wrap?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #220  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is MOST hysterical!! I'm subscribed to the thread and started reading this in my email... and got to the end before I realized I had written it myself and you were quoting me LOL!! I was anxious to read to the end to tell this person who bought a bunch of the vinyl cling sheets that they don't work that well!! And it was me HAHAHAHA!! I'm such an idiot sometimes..

Okay - now that I'm over that ~~ Yes, I was very excited to try these and I gave them a good try. But the cling just isn't that clingy - not compared to EZmount which to me is still the gold standard. Yes it is more pricey - but if you use a hot knife (like an Xacto knife but you can plug it in and it heats up - there's a whole thread about them here somewhere.. I got mine at Joann's online) you can put your rubber down like a jigsaw puzzle - really close together - and it's as easy as pie to trim them and you have a lot less waste. The Saran wrap likewise just wasn't sticky enough for me.

Another thing I started doing is buying just rubber - and in some cases just pulling up the rubber dies only off of the older SU mounted sets - and using them with an acrylic block with Tack'n'Peel (they come in sheets for around $8 and well worth it). If you don't miss the foam cushion, this is a great alternative. I also stick my brand new SU stamps with the backing paper still on to the Tack'n'Peel on the acrylic block. When you're done stamping, the whole thing pulls up nicely with the backing paper still in place. Just think ~ new stamps are going to be diecut from SU ... you don't have to do ANYTHING to use them ... pop those babies right onto the Tack'n'Peel!! You also can use the yellow piece from the TnP to cover the sticky when you aren't using it to keep it clean and protected and use the other side of the acrylic block for clear stamps!

So I hate to be a downer for you but if anyone has already ordered these vinyl cling sheets, we have used my supply for an art project with the school kids using the Coluzzle and they draw on them with permanent markers to make window cling suncatchers!! The thing is, the vinyl cling sticks just fine to the stamp, but it's not that sticky to the block. If you try it, keep them dry and maybe work up some friction by rubbing it briskly across your jeans or sleeve. Then press really hard onto the acrylic block. It's just that if you have one fall off a couple of times when you're stamping and waste some cardstock... it's just not worth it.

I hope that helps.... if you are sure you're keeping the sets I think EZmount is well worth it and the Tack'n'Peel has been WONDERFUL!!

Good luck

Last edited by Phantom; 07-28-2008 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #221  
Die Cut Diva

I too have NO regrets! I took almost all my SU sets down to bare rubber, then remounted on EZM. I did learn though, that for me, I'd take the paper off the sticky side of the sheet of EZM and then load it up with my newly um'd stamps. I'd then use a hobby blade to cut them out- wow easy!!! I got a 3 ring photo album, that I put self adhesive laminate on one side of and stuck the stamps to it- I left the other side non laminated so I could make the indexes and just lift the magnetic film and insert them. I left mine in sets though. I too am also keeping the blocks, but they're currently in a plastic storage bin with some damp rid and it all sits in the shed. My dh always told me I couldnt get more stamps until there was room in the drawer.. (insert evil laugh) Now the drawer only has like 8 sets in it- I started with over 40.. He'll be broke soon. lol

I have the coolest sister in the world, navybrat75!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #222  
Matboard Maniac

I have not unmounted yet but I do plan too. For those of you who are wondering what to do with the left over wooden blocks...I plan to paint them bright colours and let my kids use them for building blocks. I they seem to want to do that with them already and they aren't even unmounted yet! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #223  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I haven't ever heard about problems with acrylics in CD cases!
I used to store a bunch of my Simply Chic aka Scraptrends UM stamps from Provocraft in CD cases and the CD case material reacted with the PVC that the bases particular stamps are made from; the outline of the stamp base got etched into the CD case, but there is no apparent damage to the stamps themselves. Keep in mind these stamps I had problems with are NOT photopolymer, and they are NOT EZ Mount -- they are made from flexible PVC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #224  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

This is MOST hysterical!! I'm subscribed to the thread and started reading this in my email... and got to the end before I realized I had written it myself and you were quoting me LOL!! I was anxious to read to the end to tell this person who bought a bunch of the vinyl cling sheets that they don't work that well!! And it was me HAHAHAHA!! I'm such an idiot sometimes..

Good luck
LOL!! You crack me up!! SNORT!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #225  
Rubber Obsessor

I have my original stash of wood mounted stamps, which I have mostly kept wood mounted, probably for nostalgic reasons! Stamps I have bought unmounted, have always been put onto eazimount, which is just great. I have just started unmounting my SU stamps as they arrive. I have found that the rubber peels off very easily from the grey foam underneath. I then put them straight onto eazimount. I am finding more and more that I prefer my stamps unmounted and might even get around to unmounting some of my woodblock stash at some point in the future!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #226  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got Aleen's Tack It Over and Over from Joann's. I put it on an acrylic block to try using some of my unmounted stamps with cushion to decide if I want to leave them unmounted. It has been 2 1/2 days and the block is still tacky. Will this happen if I use it on the sticky side of SU stamps? How long should it take to dry?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #227  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have never heard of putting the Aleen's Tack It Over and Over right on your acrylic block. I take my rubber stamp (foam and all) off the wooden block. Then I take the sticker that shows what stamp it is of off the wooden block. I match the sticker to the back of the foam so it shows how it will stamp, like you would when you put it on the block. Trim the sticker if need be. Then I put a little dab of Aleen's Tack It Over and Over on the sticker, and smooth it out all over the sticker. I let it dry for 6 or 8 hours or over night. Then I press the sticker to skin a few times to get it less sticky. I find if I don't do that it is hard to get off my CD case. Then I'm ready to stamp. Hope this helped.

Last edited by bonnieb; 03-30-2009 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: I left a word out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #228  
Polyshrink Goddess

No regrets here either...I love unmounted stamps and file them in envelopes in shoe boxes.I use spray mount which i find works really well and is so much cheaper than EZM. xx jo xx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #229  
Polyshrink Goddess

What's spraymount and where do you purchase it? I'm down to my last sheet of EZmount and don't want to continue using it if I can find a comparable means of using my stamps with acrylic blocks instead of the expense of EZmount. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #230  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Bonnie B. I followed directions from another thread that suggested putting the Tack It Over and Over on the block. Since the block is sticky all over it is hard to use. I am now doing what you suggested. My new SU sets are getting the picture of the stamp on the sticky cushion and I am putting the Tack It Over and Over on the picture. It sure is easier than EM. I have used EM on some SU stamps since they fell off the cushion when I picked them up. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #231  
Compulsive Stamper

Exclamation unmounting stamps

How do you go about unmounting your mounted stamps?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #232  
Inking Addict

I have trouble with my clear stamps on the acrylic block when I so to scrub it on my stamp scrubber the stamp peels away from the block. can suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #233  
Rubber Obsessor

You might try a twisting motion rather than rubbing back and forth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #234  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by southpawView Post
How do you go about unmounting your mounted stamps?
I gently peel it of the block. If it is to sticky and feels like it could tear or get damaged, I microwave for 5 or 10 seconds then try again. If it still sticks to much I just keep repeating for 5 or 10 seconds until it comes of. Just be gentle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 04:18 AM   #235  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by havnfunView Post
I have trouble with my clear stamps on the acrylic block when I so to scrub it on my stamp scrubber the stamp peels away from the block. can suggestions?
I just do it real gently. I have heard that some people use baby wipes. I haven't tried that though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:07 AM   #236  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Just dump clear stamps into a small container of water, give them a rub or two, remove from the water and wipe dry. Most ink immediately rinse from clear stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #237  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For those of you who put the sticker with the image on the stamp ---- is it easy to get it off the wooden block? I know about the microwave for the stamp, but what about the label/sticker?!?!?!?!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #238  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

I'm not sure if I clearly understand your question or not, but I take all of my stamps off of the acrylic block before I clean them. I have unmounted them, left them on the foam, and stuck the sticker on the foam. I use a paint pad for scrubbing my stamps. I have never tried the SU stamp scrubber, but I think the paint pad works pretty much the same way. I just rub the stamp back and forth on the pad, holding the stamp with my hand. I don't find any problems with this method. I read somewhere that some cleaners can ruin your acrylic blocks, and I really didn't want to risk having that happen.

Add me to the list of no regrets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #239  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have all myne unmounted and no regrets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #240  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: keeping my 7 yr old still, while I'm in stampin' bliss!

OK, since the "search" doesn't work on this site, I think I just have to ask the question.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. (wish they'd fix the search problem!)

I'm in the beginning process of unmounting all my stamps. I'm going with the tack 'n peel method. That way I don't have to remove any foam, I can keep the backing on the stamp and can resell if I need to.

I'm trying to find out what the pros and cons of this method are. Do I really want to go in this direction? I know that if the Tack 'n Peel loses it's stickiness I can just gently wash it and it will return. So I guess I'm trying to figure out why everyone doesn't use this product?

TIA
Reply With Quote Likes