Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear mounts and new SU catalogue

I was wondering if a demo out there could help me.

My demo up here in Canada can't answer the question because she hasn't received her catty yet due to some strange goings on up here and she ordered it as soon as she could.

Anyways...

My question is this:

As far as clear mounts go...

What is available this way???

Everything?

Or just the new releases???

Basically are they releasing any of the previous sets from the current catalogue as clear mounts???

I have been dying to know this and wondering about it ever since they came out with clear mounts.

Or are you even allowed to tell me???

If you can't say it out loud here could you PM me???

TIA and I understand if no one is allowed to tell.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

I think we can talk about this. When SU first offered clear mounts, they explained what was going to happen in future catalogs, so I don't think I'm breaking any rules.

All new sets (more than one stamp) are offered in both. Very, very few of the old stamps are offered in clear mount. I can't come up with why some are and some aren't. Singles are wood.

Although I've looked through the catty many times since it arrived, I starting really pouring over it tonight working on my July 1 wishlist. I'm not just saying this to be "rah-rah SU" or anything, but I really love the sets in this catalog! I think it is the best catty since I started buying SU. If you're like me, you'll want everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Thanks so much! I can't wait to see the catalogue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 04:29 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChelseaView Post
I think we can talk about this. When SU first offered clear mounts, they explained what was going to happen in future catalogs, so I don't think I'm breaking any rules.

All new sets (more than one stamp) are offered in both. Very, very few of the old stamps are offered in clear mount. I can't come up with why some are and some aren't. Singles are wood.

Although I've looked through the catty many times since it arrived, I starting really pouring over it tonight working on my July 1 wishlist. I'm not just saying this to be "rah-rah SU" or anything, but I really love the sets in this catalog! I think it is the best catty since I started buying SU. If you're like me, you'll want everything!
I agree.....BUT I think I say this EVERY year, hahaha. I do really like alot in this catty especially DSP and accessories too! My stamp habit is really going to get out of control with this whole clear mount thing....they are cheaper (allowing me to buy more) and so easy to store (again....buying more)!

There are still some older WM sets that i want but I have such a hard time buying mounted sets now, LOL!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

All NEW sets are offered in both Wood mount and Clear mount options. I think 4 sets of the old (from the last catty) are offered in both (the explanation I heard bandied about was that those 4 sets were being produced both ways for other countries catatlogs) and then the sets that made a return from the old catalog are being offered in wood mount only. New single stamps are being offered in only wood mount.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I noticed that in the new catty for July that the returning sets are only available in wood mounts. I was considering getting all holidays once it went to clear mount, but it is only available in wood. Does anyone know or have they seen or tried to just peel the backing off the cling on a wood mount set and then stick the clear sticker over it and cut around it to make it a cling set? You could buy the cases from SU and make a photocopy from the catty and have you own cling mount set. If anyone knows of a forum with this answer please let me know. I asked a fellow stamper and she thought it'd work.

If you put a card into your favorites why not leave the creator a comment and make their day?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmlopezView Post
I noticed that in the new catty for July that the returning sets are only available in wood mounts. I was considering getting all holidays once it went to clear mount, but it is only available in wood. Does anyone know or have they seen or tried to just peel the backing off the cling on a wood mount set and then stick the clear sticker over it and cut around it to make it a cling set? You could buy the cases from SU and make a photocopy from the catty and have you own cling mount set. If anyone knows of a forum with this answer please let me know. I asked a fellow stamper and she thought it'd work.

yes, it will work, that's what I have done for years (*gasp*),
I have always made a copy of the clear stickers sheet before adhering to stamps, so I have the index sheet. I use tack n peel on my clear blocks.

hth, gail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 04:58 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

I was also thinking that the holiday mini carry overs would be clear mount...but then I remembered it only happened in the Occasion's Mini....so it makes sense that they didn't (I wish they would have though). BUT again, the CM stamps didn't come out until the Occasions. Hopefully someday they will all be offered that way!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Yep, I am doing this with all my new stamps that I buy that arent offered in cling mount. I am even unmounting my wood mounted stamps but thats a whole nuther post! LOL

For NEW sets that havent been mounted to wood yet, here is what I do. I make a copy (or scan) of the sticker sheet first (if I remember!) and then I peel the paper off the gray foam, peel the sticker from the sheet, attachthe sticker to the gray foam and trim around the edge of what is left of the sticker. I then put a very thin layer of Aleen's Tack It Over and Over Again (which is a repostionable and reuseable glue that I bought at Michael's craft store) and let that dry overnight. Then you have a stamp that fits in the DVD cases, is reusable on clear blocks lots of times.

If the "sticky" becomes less sticky, you just apply another thin layer of the Aleen's TIOAO glue.

If the sticky is "too sticky" for you in the beginning, you just tap the stamp onto the back of your hand to make it a little less sticky.

So far, I am really liking them this way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #10  

Received 282 Likes on 167 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kspivView Post
All NEW sets are offered in both Wood mount and Clear mount options. I think 4 sets of the old (from the last catty) are offered in both (the explanation I heard bandied about was that those 4 sets were being produced both ways for other countries catatlogs) and then the sets that made a return from the old catalog are being offered in wood mount only. New single stamps are being offered in only wood mount.

Hope this helps!
Please do tell, which four?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Ugh! I honestly dont know. Let me go to the demo side and see if I can find it in our new catty discussions if someone actually listed the four. I know for sure one is Heard from the Heart....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, I would love Uppsy Daisy to be clear mount. I can't bring myself to buy wood mounted any more & I really want that set.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes