Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #41  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have reallly enjoyed this thread a lot. I miss my Smudge - she used to be my stamping helper. She is still in my avatar picture. If any of you cat lovers are interested in the crazy for cats card club let me know - we exchange cards that have cats on them. It is a fun way to connect with other cat lovers.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
Love the pictures of Freyr and Freya especially the wedding one with the light coming in on Freya.
Thanks, I have another one on the computer at home where Freya is framing the wedding invitation, it might be on my blog

I love everyone's kitty pictures, wonder what my newest additions will help with?;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #43  
Inking Addict

Here is one of three, Evan, in my new (at the time) package. The two brothes, Murray & Evan, love to lay on boxes, bags, and shoes! I also have to occassionally lint roll my Stampin' Scrub.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy HView Post
I have reallly enjoyed this thread a lot. I miss my Smudge - she used to be my stamping helper. She is still in my avatar picture. If any of you cat lovers are interested in the crazy for cats card club let me know - we exchange cards that have cats on them. It is a fun way to connect with other cat lovers.
Smudge is such a cute name Cathy. My avatar picture is of my cat, Chocolate who passed last year. She is laying on our park bench, looking thru the iron scrolled arm. I LOVE this pic!
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

Talking

This is the best thread! Here's a photo of my sweet boy, Kokanee, in a Stampin' UP box. He loved cardboard boxes and would chew holes all the way around the flap edges. He also loved to play in the brown packing paper. Well, mostly he just sat in it because he was a lazy fatso. My stamp room used to be in a room he wasn't allowed in, which he didn't like. So he would shove his paws under the door and rattle it and sing pathetically, "Ow-oooooo! Owwwww!" Eventually I'd let him in to sit on my lap until he wanted to get down and mess around, so out he'd go. I miss that big sweet goofball so much. He made me laugh every day.

Deeann,

You really must post some pics now of your menagerie! Especially that guinea pig. What a scream!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I love all the pictures. The one peeking in the drawer is just LOL! Thank you to everyone who shared. I have three cats. They all must lay on my desk while I craft. All of them at the same time. I don't have any pictures but I really need to get a few shots. If I am crafting on the floor then my cats have to lay really close to me. None of my "angels" have learned the concept of personal space. In my craft room are my rabbit and guinea pig. They must also be included. I usually have my rabbit in my lap. If she's not in my lap then she's sleeping on a cat. My guinea pig is squealing to watch movies. His favorite actor is Willem Dafoe. My piggie's favorite movie is the English Patient. I am not joking about any of this. He actually talks to the movies. He becomes furious if I decide to watch a horror movie.
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-kokanee-stampin-up-box-blog.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-kokanee-scs.jpg  

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I have really enjoyed all the pics and stories in from this thread. I miss my kitty. And why is it that when I go to other cat homes, the shy cat, who never comes out, doesn't like strangers, always ends up in my lap?

jenik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 03:43 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-dscn1040.jpg

fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-dscn1039.jpg

Here is Penelope in my christmas wreath I was making and
Wizzy having a snooze
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 AM   #48  
Kookie Creator

Thank you, Karen, for starting this thread. I have been without a kitty, now, for a few years but have had them my entire life. I am loving all the stories and pictures. So, thank you to all of you who made time to post pictures and tell your stories!

Deanna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #49  
Stampin' Fool

Here is Kala and Zephyr helping me when I was organizing my craft room.
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-kitties_helping_out-small.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #50  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

I just loved reading this thread!! I have two fur-babies myself (sorry, no pics....but I think my Boots-kitty must be related to some of the tuxedo kitties pictured). Boots loves to help me craft or do anything for that matter. No matter where I go - he follows me. Our girl kitty (Cosmo) isn't much of a helper...but she does like to be in the same room. I used to think I was the only person who had to have a least one cat hair on a card (even if it couldn't been seen). Nice to know that there are others out there too!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #51  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,199 Posts

What is it with kitties and boxes? My cat has grown quite big but he still tries to climb into the Coke boxes that he used to fit into! Usually he gets most of himself into it, but part of him always hangs out! My kitty also likes to skateboard!
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-skateboarding.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #52  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
What is it with kitties and boxes? My cat has grown quite big but he still tries to climb into the Coke boxes that he used to fit into! Usually he gets most of himself into it, but part of him always hangs out!
The Glass Swan

Once upon a time there was this little baby Siamese kitten who loved to lay in a glass swan candy dish. One day she got up on the coffee table and went to lie down in her swan. The swan tipped over, the kitty fell out and the swan up-righted itself. So kitty got up and rearranged herself and tried again. Again the swan tipped over. And once again she tried to lie in the swan and yes the swan tipped over. By this time kitty is getting very frustrated. However, a Siamese doesn�t give up easily so she tried again and again. But even a Siamese has her limits so she hissed and she spit and never again did she try to sleep in the glass swan.

Moral of the story? Big kitties don�t always fit where little kitties do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #53  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
The Glass Swan

Once upon a time there was this little baby Siamese kitten who loved to lay in a glass swan candy dish. One day she got up on the coffee table and went to lie down in her swan. The swan tipped over, the kitty fell out and the swan up-righted itself. So kitty got up and rearranged herself and tried again. Again the swan tipped over. And once again she tried to lie in the swan and yes the swan tipped over. By this time kitty is getting very frustrated. However, a Siamese doesn�t give up easily so she tried again and again. But even a Siamese has her limits so she hissed and she spit and never again did she try to sleep in the glass swan.

Moral of the story? Big kitties don�t always fit where little kitties do.
But they sure like to try, don't they?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

These photos are adorable. I've had cats that have done the same thing. They just want to be needed!! I now have a 40+ lb dog who follows me around and lays by my feet while I work!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #55  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome thread ladies. I too have little fur babies that Like to walk on my stamping stuff. Or smell the boxes of stamps that come in from UPS Man.

Sargent Pepper who is 11 doesn't come and lay as much as he use too.

But Hoboski who is 6 still does. He has a couple places he likes to lay. Under one of my desk. and loves laying in the middle of floor or sits there.

Sargent Pepper is the Black one. and the orange one is Hoboski.
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-101125792.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-say-what-hobo.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-hobo-sleeping-my-stamp-area.jpg  

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #56  
Embossing Fanatic

YES I have 3 that love to lay in the middle of what ever you are doing.. lol.. and one is less than a year old so she actually thinks she is HELPING me with all the projects !~ LMAO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 01:31 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

I have two cats, Tingha and Tucker. The older boy Tucker has a bed in my craft room and will happily snooze in there and is no trouble at all. He comes for a cuddle every now and then but never jumps on the desk. My little boy Tingha comes in to visit often and jumps up on the desk and demands belly rubs.

I once spent hours making an acetate window scene new home card for a friend and I was really proud of it. I was ready to sign and send it so it was laying on the desk. Up jumps Tingha with the blackest, muddiest paws and walks all over it. So more hours spent to remake the card! He is such a sweet cat though that he gets forgiven anything!

Luckily, neither of them gets into my stuff. But cat hairs seem to be in every ink pad I own and on every stamp! I now know to check a stamp thoroughly before stamping and remove the stray hairs. I wouldn't be without them, I do love my kitties!

Here's Tingha helping with my Christmas cards back in 2009.
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-tingha-craft-room-nov-09.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #58  
Cardstock Collector

I don't have a picture of my Max in the middle of my work but he usually is! And when I'm not working, he gets on my table and pulls out paper from their slots - usually 2 or 3 colors - and he always picks great combinations - sometimes they are monotone (like several shades of green) and sometimes they are more colorful.... I should start taking more pictures of his color choices!!
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #59  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You Bet I have trouble, I currently have 5 cats, plus I lost two a few months ago. So I have plenty of cats getting in my way. We added a 2nd floor so I have my own scrapbook room without a door so I have them all over my projects. Even as I type I had to get a cat out from in front of the monitor. Even though it is frustrating at times I wouldn't have it any other way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 AM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I can share a cat horror story. Mine was so mad I stamped she would pee on EVERYTHING. Then she would steal my stamping sponges (I had them cut up) and hide them. IN the middle of the night she would bring a few out and 'talk' to them. That always woke me up. After she was banished to the barn, ( I don't put up with urinating in the house)I found sponges for years in strange places.
My cat now will sit by me, in my lap or just lounge in the other room. The dogs are the ones that are in the way so I can't move my chair.

PS: She did fine outside and has now gone to kitty heaven.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh what awesome pictures and stories everyone! I had to go dig up a couple of more recent ones of my Zoe. I call the space MY studio but we all know it's HER studio.

On her shameless days, she's right out in the open, usually messing around with the ribons. Other days, she just wants to blend in with the locals and supervise.
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-dscn3175.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-dscn3179.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #62  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

I think our cats may be related!! LOL.
LOL!!! I'm not a cat person (dogs) but this pic is soooo funny (now I wish I had a cat)

"Go In The Direction of Your Dreams"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:14 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a 2nd cat but we'll never see him in my studio . . . here's the reason why . . . .
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-percy-march-23-2011.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-dscn0585.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #64  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wenchieView Post
I have a 2nd cat but we'll never see him in my studio . . . here's the reason why . . . .
Hey, he's underage! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

hahahahahahaha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #66  
Mad Swapper

This is such a funny thread! What a way to start the day. My cat Hunter loves to steel the ribbon off my prepared trays for stamp club. She doesn't really play with the ribbon she just takes it off the tray and I find it on the floor. I have one tray sitting out waiting for a lady to stop by and he has taken that piece of ribbon off about 20 times already. I even put my stamp cleaner case and a piece of scrap paper over the tray but she still finds it.

She used to take out my sanding block from my carousel on my craft table as well. Same thing, she would just take it out and drop it onto the floor. Very strange.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #67  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you for all the cat pictures. We are with out a cat after 17 years of having one or two. They always had to be where we were doing something. Both "helped" in my stamp room. If my husband or I sat down we would both have a cat in our lap...I kinda of miss that. Jean GBY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:18 AM   #68  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hey, he's underage! LOL
He's old but aging gracefully from the neck up LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

I really enjoyed reading all these stories, they brought back memories of mine...she is no longer with us, bless her heart. Her favorite thing to do was play hide - n -seek on the stairs. And always wanted to be in the middle of everything and anything paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Quote:

Oh...my...word! He "owns" the stamp room, doesn't he? Bwahahaha!
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #71  
Glitter Guru

I've loved seeing all your photos and reading all your stories. Cats are such fun, adorable creatures!

We have a 5 month old kitten and she's not yet decided to sit in the middle of everything. Still too energetic for laying down yet. She does climb all over the desk and up the drawers and into boxes though. She will steal pieces of felt if I have cut them up ready to use and plays with ribbon and paper roses as well. She also likes to jump into the bin and take out the backing paper from my DST and eat it! She does actually swallow it if I don't catch her in time - little rascal!

She loves my light tent as you can see - she loves being photographed so I think she saw it as an opportunity to steal the limelight :p. The next one is her playing with my light tent bag!

And she loves boxes as well. The next photo is of Tallulah in a Stampin' Up box with the black security wrap thingy that she still plays with a month after my order arrived. We have chopped holes into the box, which is why it looks a bit tatty now. The other one is her in my trolley box that I was getting ready for a workshop. Every time I wanted to put something else in, I had to take her out and put it in quick before she jumped back in!
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-tallulah-light-tent.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-tallulah-light-tent-bag.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-tallulah-su-box.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-tallulah-trolley-box.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #72  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cat's are amazing creatures. I love mine like little children. I know that the are not children.

But being married and not being able to have children. They fit in our little house just fine.

We love them so much!!
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-sarge-laying-my-stamps-new-paper.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-my-baby-hobo-under-table-stamp-room.jpg  

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #73  
Stampin' Fool

Tallulah is adorable, I love the look on her face in the first photo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #74  
Kookie Creator

Oh my, what's a card without cat hair in the adhesive? These photos have all made me laugh, because it's exactly what my cat does
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-best-photo-sarah.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #75  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

This is a great thread! I also have a helper in my stamp room when I'm working. Tumble is very nosy and curious. It's nice though, especially when the kids are at school because he keeps me company. Here are a few of my favorite photos of him in action..
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-img-20110205-00027.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-dscn1109.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-img-20110205-00026.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-img00150-20110127-1016.jpg  

My Gallery ~ My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Packrat!!

I have 3 kitties and love them even when they get the best of me. Meet Polly, my lovely bling queen. If it has any shine Polly says "It's mine!" Over several weeks Polly snuck off with every shiny silver embellishment she could carry to the basement. I found her stash and needed a box to get everything back upstairs. Ribbons, charms, floral picks, packages of brads, jewelry, it was shocking what all she ran off with. Nothing was opened, just nosed into her hiding place behind a shelf unit. All shiny embellishments now go into snap lock craft keepers! She now has 8 sparkling poms to keep her occupied for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-polly-portrait2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Love all the pictures ladies! Made me laugh out loud!

My two cats (hence my name ;)) Alex and Chloe never give me any trouble when I am stamping. I have my own stamp room and the only time they go in there is when I am in. They just follow me and sit and watch - never get into anything. Yes, I am lucky! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

BTW, Alex is my avatar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #79  
Cardstock Collector

Love the pics! Especially the black one snooping in the drawers - looked just like one of mine engaging in his favorite activity! I love the stories, as well

I have green pawprints on some paper from when my Fang jumped up on the desk when I was stamping with a green pad. I saved them, and I'm glad I did. She died a few months ago, and I'm going to put them in a frame to put next to her ashes. I had to make the office a cat-free zone when the snoopy black one started peeing in one spot; later, I started working from home and couldn't afford to have Fang jump up on my keyboard when I was remotely logged into a client's computer :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #80  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

2 of my 4 cats are always in the middle of my crafting! If not trying to lie on the card I'm working on they are on my lap. If I forget to put my stamps away when I'm done they love to play with them- have "lost " a few that way.
Reply With Quote Likes