Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2007, 08:07 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Have You Made a Best Friend on SCS?

About 6 months ago or more I was pretty new to SCS. I posted a question if there was anyone else from Michigan on the board and one gal who lived on the other side of the state PMd me and was so nice. We started up a friendship sending each other RAKs, emails, phone calls, etc. Well we finally got to meet in person this past Thursday when she drove 3+ hours to my home and we had the best time! We talked, went stamp shopping, stamped, talked, stamped, etc. until Friday afternoon when she had to return home. Before meeting her, I didn't have a friend that was into stamping as much as I. I am so grateful to SCS for bringing us together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 08:13 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

that's awesome! i have several friends that are as addicted as i but it's the busy schedule that gets in our way!

i'm so glad you got to spend some quality time together! now make a plan to do it regularly and you both will have something to look forward to! TFS
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 08:14 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

That is really great!!! I have met several gals here... what great people on this site..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 08:51 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

That is sooo cool! I haven't got to meet up with anyone yet but the Midwest Scrapbook Convention in Wisconsin is in two weeks and some of the SCSers are going and I am wearing a SCS button and hopefully I can meet some fellow stampers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 09:05 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

the button is a great idea to identify yourself as an 'addict' i mean SCSer! tee hee!

have fun and safe travels!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have met several girls here on this site! And actully have made one "best" friend in perticular. I flew in from Hawaii and spent part of x-mas with her this past year (that is her son in my avatar) and I get to talk to her almost everyday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Default friends

I actually got a great friend from trading a stamp set. We just ended up e-mailing and exchanging cards. Then we started calling each other every week. In Sept. shes going on vacation and stopping by here to visit me. She lives in Ohio and I live in New Hampshire.
I love this site.
Kelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I have definitely made some REALLY good friends on this site that I originally met on the BST forum. I have spoke to a couple of them on the phone but mainly we chat on a regular basis on here. It is so nice to have friends that share the same interest/addiction! My friends I have met on here are from all over the country massachusetts, California, Kansas, Texas, and New York. I would so love to have a craft day with all of them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

That's sounds so great! I'm so happy you got to spend some time together!
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 01:32 PM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel like I have tons of friends here. I love you all !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 02:15 PM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yep. Sure did!! :mrgreen:

People who think you can't make friends online are very mis-informed. I can't imagine life without my friends that I met online!!
Old 03-31-2007, 02:37 PM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

When I lived in Ohio I asked if anyone lived in Iowa City where I was moving. Now two of my great friends here are from SCS- I get together with them a few times a month and can't imagine living here without knowing them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 02:40 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

I am so thankful for this site. I have met several wonderful ladies that I consider great friends. One of my best friends I met on here about a year and a half ago. We are finally going to meet next month. She lives about 6 hours from me and I can't wait to get together and visit!!! I also met another terrific friend who lives here in town and we have kids close to the same age...we get together for playdates almost once a week. I couldn't be happier!!! I wish more of my good friends lived closer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 05:11 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

I haven't actually "met" anyone through this site, but I do know a couple people on this site that I consider my best friends. We already knew each other first though.

I have gotten to know a few ladies on this site though, that I would LOVE to meet someday. How fun would an SCS convention be?!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #15  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

I am very blessed to have met several SCSers & I have a couple that have actually adopted me as their "Mom". Shanon & Kimber4m. They & their husbands came last month & stayed 4 days with me for Mardi Gras. And as you can see from my siggy, Granny Hawkins is coming in May for my birthday. How awesome is that? I am still waiting for Aubrey (Montigg) to be able to come. :rolleyes:
In Oct. '05 we had a get together in Arlington/Dallas, and that is were I met Shanon, Granny, Aubrey , and so many other wonderful people. I would have never dreamed in a million years I would become so close to so many people clear accross the country! Who else can say they were in Vegas celebrating their 50th bd & get back to their room & there is a hudge flower/ballon arraingment there from a ton of the girls here. I can't even begin to name everyone here that has touched my life. When my stepson was in ICU a thread was started imediately & people I have never talked to were posting their thoughts & prayers. Again, how awesome is that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 05:46 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyu
I am very blessed to have met several SCSers & I have a couple that have actually adopted me as their "Mom". Shanon & Kimber4m. They & their husbands came last month & stayed 4 days with me for Mardi Gras. And as you can see from my siggy, Granny Hawkins is coming in May for my birthday. How awesome is that? I am still waiting for Aubrey (Montigg) to be able to come. :rolleyes:
In Oct. '05 we had a get together in Arlington/Dallas, and that is were I met Shanon, Granny, Aubrey , and so many other wonderful people. I would have never dreamed in a million years I would become so close to so many people clear accross the country! Who else can say they were in Vegas celebrating their 50th bd & get back to their room & there is a hudge flower/ballon arraingment there from a ton of the girls here. I can't even begin to name everyone here that has touched my life. When my stepson was in ICU a thread was started imediately & people I have never talked to were posting their thoughts & prayers. Again, how awesome is that?
I'm coming! Just be patient with me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 06:37 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I have met many SCSers that I communicate with several times a week. I have met one very wonderful woman whose name is Anne. We both live in NH and we met in Concord and went shopping all day. She is an awesome person and friend. We had a great day together and hope to go to the NH scrapbooking convention in NH in May of this year. We talk on the phone and email one another. I met Erika through this forum. We were supposed to meet a few months ago but I became sick on that day so that did not happen. I hope to meet her at the NH convention in May. I have met someone in Maine and at least 4 other women from NH. This site has been great in meeting lots of wonderful women. I hope to keep meeting more. These are just a few of the awesome women I have met. You all know who you are and I would have mentioned you by name but was not sure I should.
Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 07:29 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Stamping and meeting, visiting, talking, and being together with
"thebasicscrapper"was probably the most fun I've ever had!

We found so many other things in common and I wished I could have stayed much longer and stamped alot more!

Thanks for everything!!!

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 07:30 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Isn't that wonderful..all of you..it's so nice to have cyber friends.
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 07:30 PM   #20  
Hot Mess

I have! I *heart* my scs buds!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 07:34 PM   #21  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

I have met a lot of super people and made some really good friends on here as well!!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

I also have met and made friends on SCS...People who may path would have probably never crossed had it not been for here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

I have made a great friend.We talk on the phone & email everyday...and I so hope to meet her one day......its like we've known each other forever!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 08:01 PM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

I have made a lovely friend in the US - her name is Sherry!!! She has the most beautiful heart and I love chatting via yahoo with her!!
I also met my soon to be upline, Kim on here as well. I love her beautiful positive attitude - and I know she will be the best upline ever! Nothing is a problem to her!
So yeah - I have definately made some beautiful friends on scs!

Karen - Australia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2007, 10:17 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

I feel like I have many new-found friendships on SCS. I don't have many friends who enjoy stamping where I live, so I am so happy I found this site.
So far, I have only met one SCSer in person and that is Kittie747! What a delightful person and friend! I live in Michigan and she lives in Florida, but, since we go to Florida every winter, Kittie and I plan to always connect and have a play date each year.
I talk extensively with Mothermark and feel like we have been lifetime friends. We are planning to meet this summer when DH and I travel to Colorado. She and I are going to go to a stamping convention together! I'm so excited; I can't wait.
I hope to meet Notimetostamp in late April. While she lives in Michigan, too, we live about 8-9 hours apart from each other.
I also occasionally chat with some other wonderful ladies on this site. Who knows: maybe some day I'll get to meet them, too!
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyu
And I am so lucky to have you as my adopted Cajun momma. :mrgreen:
I have gotten to meet a few SCS girls and I would definitely count them as my best friends. I feel closer to them than friends I have known IRL for much longer. I have been lucky enough to meet Debi (DYU) and spend time with her and her family in Texas at Mardi Gras. Her daughter Rachel (rfain) is also an SCS'er. Shanon is one of my closest friends on SCS and the first one I met IRL. She lives about 3 hours away from me and we try to see each other once a month. I have also met Jeanniebabes in Kansas, Linda (Spicygingersnap) in Texas, Dorinda in Portland, and Joyce (Jwheeler) in Washington. All of them are the nicest people you could meet and I feel blessed to have met each and every one of them. But the list of my friends on SCS is much bigger then who I have met IRL. I chat in a thread with so many wonderful people and I look forward to continuing to meet all the great friends I have here. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2007, 06:23 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone in my office makes fun of my "internet friends" -- they refer to them as my "imaginary" playmates or my "serial killers posing as stampers" friends!! Ah, they are just a bunch of non stamping lawyers, what do you expect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2007, 06:38 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have met some really fabulous friends here.........I consider them all friends. I am closest to a group of us from SCS that got together in real life last summer in El Paso at Texasjodylynn's house.There are atleast 10 of us that are very close after that weekend. Before that Jody and I met for the first time when we were roommates at the Arlington Texas Shoebox swap. We were instantly friends and talk on the phone almost daily. I also got to be very close to CPW3431(Cyndi Wheeler) and Kid305(Tracy Paulk) we are all three flying out to Va next month for the SU regionals and staying at Cyndi's house. I consider them to be my best friends. We all get along in real life so great! I love the friends I have made online!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:39 AM   #29  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I have a great friend I met on this site. She lives a couple of hours away from me. We got to meet in person last September at the Minneapolis Regional, AND we had our picture taken with Shelli Gardner! She (Carol) is super sweet and recently sent me a GORGEOUS card to show my stampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #30  
Sassy Shani

Awesome thread!
Where do I begin.
Granny Hawkins is one of the most WONDERFUL caring, loving, and special people in my life.
Debi (DYU) is another one of the most WONDERFUL, caring, loving, and special people in my life. I have to say that tho....cuz she is my mamma.
My sister Rachel (rfain). Dang girl.....how did I exist without you, Brookie, and Nina in my life. I love you B E E R R U N and all. You make me smile daily!
Kimber Kimber Kimber....(kimber4m) girl...what can I say. You and I were meant to be. I don't know how to describe our friendship and what it truly means to me.
Jess (newtnewt) is another special person to me. One of the most honest and sincere people you will ever meet in your life.....Heck, she even likes my cooking (so she claims);)
Jeannie, Aub's, Denier, Marilyn.....Disneyland....what more can I say? One of the BEST times ever!
Pro......good times my friend. we need to have more beer in the near future. I promise to pee in the parking garage just for you!
Joyce, Novell, and RT...my Washington friends. It was truly a blessing to meet you girls last October and have you stay in my home. Let's do it again.
Laurie (newinker) what a beautiful person inside and out. Truly a very special lady. It doesn't hurt that Hayley and Hayden and lil Lilly are super cute and makes her hard to resist!
And my Texas girls.......way TOO many to list. If you were at the Arlington gathering, you know who you are. Even tho I was sick, It was a pleasure to meet you!
Knowing me....I am prolly forgetting someone, but you know you are now and always will hold a special place in my heart.
Chris used to think I was a major dork for "chattin" with peeps online, and now he would think I was a dork if I did not.
I love you girls.
Again.....I'm sorry if I left peeps out, had a long day and the pillow is sounding really good right now.
Oh wait.....I did forget someone dear to me....
Rainsong.....we butted heads big time at first, but another one of those ladies that mean the world to me. She keeps me up into the wee hours of the night and makes me 4hrs late to work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

How can one be on here everyday like I am and not connect with anyone? I have gotten some really great tips from people on here and everyone is so helpful ,but I guess I am an introvert even on the internet! I guess I need to reach out and PM someone I have loved all the great ideas and humor on here too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2007, 02:17 AM   #32  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilLuvsStampin
So far, I have only met one SCSer in person and that is Kittie747! What a delightful person and friend! I live in Michigan and she lives in Florida, but, since we go to Florida every winter, Kittie and I plan to always connect and have a play date each year.
!
Dito.....I loved meeting Charlene in January. We had a great play date and found so much in common. I wish she lived closer. I have made so many wonderful friends on this site that I feel close to. I would be afraid to list them in case I missed some of them. I feel like SCS is a home away from home. XOXOX
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2007, 03:07 AM   #33  
Watercolor Wizard

I have made 2 sweet friends here at SCS -- Redapron and Anita Farrow. Never met either but have emailed like crazy, and used the phone route too.

This past weekend I had an online buddy, Regina, and her sister Elizabeth visit from New Mexico. For several years I was a REGINA stalker on ebay (she used to sell kits under the name Reginanne -- cute kits with kids) and finally emailed her and told her what I thought about her great work. Not long after that she joined a scrapbooking group I manage online. We have been buddies ever since. I also have meet 3 ladies from Michigan, and 1 from North Carolina, 1 from Arkansas and 1 from Mississippi when I hosted a weekend crop for my online group. Yes, you can make online friends!

LOL --- sis wanted to take a photo with Regina and a toy axe this weekend. Seems her brother wanted to know if she was worried we might be axe murderers..... I remember sis asking me that same ? when my online friend, Eileen, flew in from Texas one summer to help me teach some scrapping classes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2007, 06:02 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

If I think about all my friends here and what this site has done to touch my life, I think I'll cry. This place is full of fabulous people. To participate in an event and feel like you 'know' everyone instantly because of this one shared bond is an amazing thing. Daven and Tracy put together an absolutely tremendous machine here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 AM   #35  
Die Cut Diva

Yes, I did a RAK to someone who was looking for the Michael's $ preggo stamp. That was 2 months ago, and there isn't a day that goes by that we don't talk via e-mail! She is ShadowNIN and we have had such fun! She has truly been a great friend! Can't live without this site!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 AM   #36  
Duchess of CBCs

I absolutely have! There are some wonderful people on this site!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

I am still new to this site. I don't know anyone here. It is nice to see ppl that are from Michigan, I haven't been able to find anyone from my home state.

It is nice to hear ppl say they have found friends.

happy stamping
tami
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #38  
Crimping Master

I have talked to a couple of people that live in the same town as me. I have not actually had a stamp date with them yet. I did meet one in person when she was so kind to let me buy some coasters from her.
Also, *scarlet* was so nice and mailed me some coasters. Thanks again for those.
Hopefully I will be able to meet up with some of these people and make some great stamping friends.

Check out my gallery:

gallery:https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=98777
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have made MANY wonderful friends on this site! This is just a fabulous place to be! I do have three very special GFs that e-mail back and forth constantly. We;ve never met...I'm in Canada, they all over the US but they are super special to me! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{L,T,M}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I design for ... Ellen Hutson LLC, & Maya Road

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've made some wonderful friends on this site. I've recently started traveling for my job and seems like I've managed to meet some of my cyber-friends where ever I've gone. It's truly spectacular! Thanks to Daven and Tracy for setting up such a wonderful "dating service" LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes