Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default justifying purchase from less than favorable company...

Not naming names here Im gonna try to stay on the neutral side of the fence...

Lets starts out saying i used to LOVE this company.i admired it and aspired to own everything they had to offer..even when as far as totalling up a full cost and figuring out how long it would be before id own it...then i made ONE order..something wasn't quite right...i had ordered a stamp pad thats color wasn't even close to what was depicted online (three different computers i checked showed an aqua/light teal and what i got was more of a deep evergreen) ..when i contacted customer service to see if there was a mistake i pretty much got a "we've had plenty of great feedback on that color from customers..tough luck not our problem.." :/ that kind of upset me because i mean i though that quality and the happiness of the customer was supposed to come first...so i pretty much swore off the company even more so after seeing a lot of negative feedback about them on here as well....however i still continue to get their monthly release letter and for the last few releases I've seen a few things I've fallen on love with...

my question is...no matter how much you love the concept of what you see would you absolutely refuse to get it because of company reputation or would you just throw in the towel and order anyway??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

For you, it's not just reputation, it's personal experience. Of course, it's completely up to you, but by buying again, you are kind of accepting the way they treated you. Personally, I'd get myself off the mailing list & onto some from more reputable companies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Pretty Terrible and Inconsiderate way to have been treated? ;)

I agree with LancasterLurker .. find other companies. There's so many out there with great stuff and even better service that deserve your money.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Lol I think i <3 you metalcharm!! maybe i ought to go steal someones internet so i can find places that have similar things.i just get so overwhelmed when looking at places to buy stuff because i want everything!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

My new trick is to put things in my cart & save it till the next day. If I still want it then, I'll get it. Usually works quite well! It also avoids most "Doh! Forgot to order X" moments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

What would keep me from buying really cute stuff online? BAD service. What's the point??? Yes, I could place 5 orders with them and all be fine, but if I place a 6th order and it is messed up. AND they don't want to fix it, then basically I threw $XX.XX number of dollars out the window!!! Nope, to many complaints for me to continue business with a company that doesn't care. There is always another company that has cute stuff!!! AND care about their customers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would not order. There are so many wonderful companies, with quality products, and run by people who really care about their customers, that I would not give in.

I do understand that it's not easy when you like the company's offerings. In that case, I have only two words of advice: Don't look
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 298 Likes on 115 Posts

After reading so much about the terrible, awful, horrible, no good, very bad way that this company (we ALL know who you mean...) treats its customers, I feel guilty even using the one stamp set (and dies) that I got as a GIFT! I just can't condone them in any way, especially with my $$. Personal choice, of course, but like others have said - there are some really great companies out there that actually CARE about their customers, not just their bottom line...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 298 Likes on 115 Posts

Forgot to say that I still see some of their new things (I follow Melissa's blog and get the "Designer Tips" email now and then), and I'll be intrigued enough to click over to the website, but then my stomach ties in knots and I feel kinda queasy (like I'm cheating on somebody or something - go figure!), so I click back out of it again...totally not worth it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

My two cents:

If I were standing in a retail store and heard a customer being treated badly by a manager or owner, I would not continue to shop there and would not want one penny of my money supporting them. So why would I do anything differently for an online store? If I spend money at their site, I feel like I'm supporting a behavior that I don't condone and I don't want to be associated with.

I've never ordered from them, but I've read enough comments on these boards to keep me from even looking at their site. But I think you just have to do what feels right to you.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

I've stopped buying from some companies (not only stamp/scrapbook companies) because of poor customer service. I think that if you continue to buy from these companies, then you are condoning their bad behavior. That's why some of these companies continue to treat their customers badly. I feel the same way about stores that don't treat their customers well. My money can best be spent elsewhere. I don't care how fabulous their products are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 04:43 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalcharmView Post
Pretty Terrible and Inconsiderate way to have been treated? ;)
I busted out laughing when I read your acronym. That is priceless.

I have kept buying from some inconsiderate companies. I understand your conundrum. My main reason is because that particular company offers something other companies don't. Once another company does I drop inconsiderate company.

I have noticed when I buy from companies that I feel like deserve a side eye I don't feel very good about my purchase. Then I don't enjoy using it.

I would keep your Wish List and see what other stamp & die companies have similar. A lot of stamp companies are coming out with similar items and some of them are better. I keep a Wish List of things and buy all over the place even when I like all the companies. I do really understand about stampers who prefer to stay with one company and do not want to shop everywhere.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 04:49 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I've stopped buying from some companies (not only stamp/scrapbook companies) because of poor customer service. I think that if you continue to buy from these companies, then you are condoning their bad behavior. That's why some of these companies continue to treat their customers badly. I feel the same way about stores that don't treat their customers well. My money can best be spent elsewhere. I don't care how fabulous their products are.
Ditto this completely.

I love the designs and design team inspirations from the company, but I haven't ordered in forever. Just can't - as much as I want lots of the products, I can't justify purchasing based on what's been happening for way too long (and I hadn't had any issues when I did order). They won't do anything to change their behavior if people keep purchasing from them. The only way to get their attention is to hit them in their bottom line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
March 2014 Swapper of the Month

Received 1,051 Likes on 795 Posts

I order from that company monthly....as do many others. I have never had a bad experience with them and until I do personally i don't have a problem with them. I remember another company that had problems at the beginning and thanks to many Stampers Unanimously ordering from them, they are still around. It's your choice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like their card stock and have never had a problem, but if or when I do, I'll rethink it all. Their cs is cheaper than SU and comes in 12, 24 or 50 sheet packs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

A middle ground solution for you might be to only buy products from the for sale board. That way you are still getting the items that you want but you are not directly supporting the company.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I said this on another forum......I love PTI and don't have a problem ordering from them. It's a personal decision whether to stay with a company or not.....I am not swayed by anything I read to the negative ....I have my own mind and like to use it lol....

My problem is finding the time to use all the PTI stamp sets I own! Great problem to have lol!

My Gallery
Proud Dirty Dozen Alumni!
Proud DT Member for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

I haven't had any problems with them. I like their products. If I did, then I would have to see how it was handled. I am assuming they didn't offer to take it back or exchange your pad? That would bother me, and if they spoke snarky to me then it would be a deal breaker. I have had great customer service from a lot of different companies. So, do what your heart feels is best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

remove comment

Last edited by shellylovestostamp; 09-24-2012 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: delete comment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

new company growing pains is one thing horrible customer service is another and there is no excuse what so ever. I personally will not support a company that treats customers badly regardless of who the customer is. Just because "you" have not had any problems YET does not mean that you will not eventually be in that situation yourself. Casey, I would err on the side of caution, I understand it is difficult when we see something we "need" but you have personally dealt with horrible customer service, do you want to do it again?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #21  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks everyone for your input.i am capable of making my own decisions i just wanted more opinions..i think what i may do is go ahead and order the couple of things that i want since i can't seem to find anything else like it and if i get bad service again then ill quit them :/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylovestostampView Post

I just think they are a new company and are having a few growing pains.
Sweet cracker sandwiches, for how long is that excuse going to fly! They've been in business for over 5 years. I remember when the company started, and I can think of a number of small stamp companies that started after PTI and haven't had a fraction of the issues.

Every company has growing pains or runs into glitches. It's how they handle them that separates the wheat from the chaff. Other companies run into shipping delays because of unexpected high demand or supplier problems, and they let their customers know what is going on and when they expect to be caught up. If I purchase an item that turns out to be defective, I do not expect to be told that I must be using it wrong BEFORE THE COMPANY EVEN SEES WHAT HAS HAPPENED WITH IT. And then when it turns out that many, many customers are having the same problem, I do not expect that the company will bury the information about that defect somewhere on their forum, where I may or may not see it. If a company runs a promotion where I can earn a free item by purchasing a certain number of items over the course of the year (anniversary sets, anyone?), I do not expect to wait months to receive that item; I do not expect that I will have to submit copies of my invoices to prove that I've earned it - the company's software should take care of that; and I especially do not expect the company to take the attitude that the item is a "free gift" so what am I complaining about? And if a company with growing pains does have a problem with their anniversary promotion, I absolutely expect that the same problem will not happen the next year.

I should add, I've never ordered from PTI. Someone that I was close to had customer service issues and it totally turned me off the company early on. But from what I've seen, they would make an excellent study of how NOT to run a company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseynicole88View Post
Thanks everyone for your input.i am capable of making my own decisions i just wanted more opinions..i think what i may do is go ahead and order the couple of things that i want since i can't seem to find anything else like it and if i get bad service again then ill quit them :/
I know how hard it is to find something that nobody else makes and it's just your style. I am sending good wishes your transaction is flawless and your items bring you lots of enjoyment.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseynicole88View Post
Not naming names here Im gonna try to stay on the neutral side of the fence...

Lets starts out saying i used to LOVE this company.i admired it and aspired to own everything they had to offer..even when as far as totalling up a full cost and figuring out how long it would be before id own it...then i made ONE order..something wasn't quite right...i had ordered a stamp pad thats color wasn't even close to what was depicted online (three different computers i checked showed an aqua/light teal and what i got was more of a deep evergreen) ..when i contacted customer service to see if there was a mistake i pretty much got a "we've had plenty of great feedback on that color from customers..tough luck not our problem.." :/ that kind of upset me because i mean i though that quality and the happiness of the customer was supposed to come first...so i pretty much swore off the company even more so after seeing a lot of negative feedback about them on here as well....however i still continue to get their monthly release letter and for the last few releases I've seen a few things I've fallen on love with...

my question is...no matter how much you love the concept of what you see would you absolutely refuse to get it because of company reputation or would you just throw in the towel and order anyway??
If you were just talking about the comany's reputation it would be one thing, but you are not. The company actually and really treated YOU like a POS, not some random stranger on a anonymous board. Sorry, but there is nothing in heaven or hell that would compel me to spend one more cent with a company that treated me that way.

Honestly, I just don't understand this mentality. It reminds me of women who are battered and keep returning to their batterers. Unsubscribe from their updates and go on about your business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 05:07 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by plkelleyView Post
If you were just talking about the comany's reputation it would be one thing, but you are not. The company actually and really treated YOU like a POS, not some random stranger on a anonymous board. Sorry, but there is nothing in heaven or hell that would compel me to spend one more cent with a company that treated me that way.

Honestly, I just don't understand this mentality. It reminds me of women who are battered and keep returning to their batterers. Unsubscribe from their updates and go on about your business.
For women who have been battered there is no comparison with an online store and living with daily abuse.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

I've ordered from them several times in the past few months and never had a problem. Love their stamps. dies, and some of their accessories. The one thing I wold never buy from them is ink. They have had so many problems with their inks that I am not willing to take any chances with them on that. I think you just have to be pick and choose on how much of a chance you are willing to take on some of their products.
Reply With Quote Likes