Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-09-2022, 05:55 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
Default No wonder postage is so high lately.

On 1/31, I purchased a stamp on eBay. It was in the Post Office's possession on 2/1. Great seller! Since then, as you can see from the tracking below, it arrived in Dallas on 2/3. Since then, all that has happened is that it has been swapped back and forth to different postal facilities in Texas. Today is 2/8--it's still in Texas!! I was supposed to have received it last Saturday.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2022, 07:04 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

[QUOTE=Paper Junky;22150471]On 1/31, I purchased a stamp on eBay. It was in the Post Office's possession on 2/1. Great seller! Since then, as you can see from the tracking below, it arrived in Dallas on 2/3. Since then, all that has happened is that it has been swapped back and forth to different postal facilities in Texas. Today is 2/8--it's still in Texas!! I was supposed to have received it last Saturday.

No doubt part of this is the ice storm that hit Dallas area there on the 3rd and 4th--I sent a package vis FEDEX--should have arrived on the 3rd--didn't get there until the 7th. No doubt deliverys are still playing catch up.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by desertdeb:
ChrisO (02-09-2022), kazooMI (02-17-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 07:08 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Woohoo! I just found it finally made it to Massachusetts. Let's hope it doesn't bounce around back and forth there as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
kazeka (02-24-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 07:30 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

I ordered something on ebay on a Sunday and it was in my mailbox on Wednesday........from Michigan. I sent my Valentine cards this past Saturday and my granddaughter in Ohio got hers Wednesday. I agree the Texas weather may have had a part in your experience. However, don't get me started on FedEx..........they have deteriorated into a hot mess........many suppliers are no longer going to use them due to what has been happening. Packages that say 4-7 days are taking 3-4 weeks to be delivered.
Reply With Quote Likes
kazooMI (02-17-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 09:04 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

3-4 weeks? Holy moly!! And you pay big bucks with FedEx!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2022, 06:15 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 670 Likes on 422 Posts

I am impressed they scanned your package :mrgreen:
I had a box of stamps in Utah ( not that far away) that the shipper printed the shipping label on Jan 13 was all it said if you tried to track it, and was expected to be arriving on the 19th...
so around the first of Feb I wrote to the seller and asked? are you guys ok? ( I was assuming maybe they had caught covid or something right?) do you have a time line of when you may give this package to usps? and they freaked. they gave the box to the PO on the 13th. and their post office was trying to "find it" for the last week or so.
it was delivered to me on Feb 8th. ( it was never track able or in the system ha ha)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2022, 06:21 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I'd say you got lucky on that one!

I just find postage prices are outrageous these days. If I were mailing, say, a $30 gift, it would likely cost me another $14 or so to ship--that's almost half the price of the gift!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2022, 11:33 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockybetaView Post
I ordered something on ebay on a Sunday and it was in my mailbox on Wednesday........from Michigan. I sent my Valentine cards this past Saturday and my granddaughter in Ohio got hers Wednesday. I agree the Texas weather may have had a part in your experience. However, don't get me started on FedEx..........they have deteriorated into a hot mess........many suppliers are no longer going to use them due to what has been happening. Packages that say 4-7 days are taking 3-4 weeks to be delivered.
And my experience for almost 20 years with FEDEX has been just the opposite---from AZ I send things frequently to my sis in Chicago, and 2 kids in Texas. About 25% of the time, when I pay for 3 day (their super saver rate) it gets there in 2. Online tracking (no extra charge) is updated regularly. Disclaimer--I use them because they're just one stop light from where I live--both the post office and UPS would be at least 1 1/2 miles away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2022, 08:06 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 739 Likes on 359 Posts

Fed Ex is bad in NYC too.

It is odd though that your box bounced from Dallas to two cities and back again before leaving the state. Should have left TX in the first place or sat there for a couple days till they were back up after the storm....weird to me.

Are you saying postage is so high because so many people are touching packages? 🤣

What I don't get is how many companies are sending huge boxes for single small things...that has to be so much more money in shipping....I ordered some spices...and I have gotten a series of big boxes with a single spice in it. The other day I got a box a standard pillow could fit in for a single item-a plastic lettuce knife. Seriously?? Such a waste.
Reply With Quote Likes
skm330mks (02-17-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 05:27 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Fed Ex is bad in NYC too.

It is odd though that your box bounced from Dallas to two cities and back again before leaving the state. Should have left TX in the first place or sat there for a couple days till they were back up after the storm....weird to me.

Are you saying postage is so high because so many people are touching packages? 🤣

What I don't get is how many companies are sending huge boxes for single small things...that has to be so much more money in shipping....I ordered some spices...and I have gotten a series of big boxes with a single spice in it. The other day I got a box a standard pillow could fit in for a single item-a plastic lettuce knife. Seriously?? Such a waste.
Yes, all of this! We now have in our area a regional post office in addition to our city post office, so now our mail takes an additional day to go there, then to the city post office, and then out for delivery. So, yes, so many people touching packages in addition to the floating back and forth within the same state for as long as it did.

But, also, yes, with the huge boxes with a small item in it. My husband is a computer geek and I can't tell you how often he has ordered something as small as a couple keyboard buttons and it has come in such a large box.

Thankfully, I did finally get my package on Friday that had taken 11 days to get here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2022, 09:02 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a recent package arrive in my town, then it was sent out of town again a few hours away from me, sent to different shipping centers, then finally back again to my town. Not sure how these things happen.... So frustrating but thank goodness for tracking so I can see what's up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2022, 09:44 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank goodness a state is standing up about the insane box sizes -NJ. Hope more do.

I am attaching a pic of a recent example in my house. That box was 30 x 24 x 8.
Attached Thumbnails
No wonder postage is so high lately.-insane-packing.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by wavejumper:
kazeka (02-24-2022), skm330mks (02-17-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 09:54 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I am glad that a state (NJ) has started doing this. Moe than just for the cardboard, it also reduces the plastic stuffing components but also decreases the size of the load the deliveryperson is carrying--they might not be heavy individually, but they're bulky and, instead of needing a dolly to bring a stack of 3 packages to a door, they can probably not have to bring out the dolly so much, so it saves time there as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Paper Junky:
skm330mks (02-17-2022), wavejumper (02-17-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 03:29 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

I mailed a small package from NYC to California on January 31. As of February 4, it's still "on its way to the next destination." I contacted the USPS a few days ago, and my case has been marked "Resolved" because they are contacting the plant. I don't know how that has resolved anything, but they see it that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2022, 06:34 AM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I mailed a small package from NYC to California on January 31. As of February 4, it's still "on its way to the next destination." I contacted the USPS a few days ago, and my case has been marked "Resolved" because they are contacting the plant. I don't know how that has resolved anything, but they see it that way.
You called the 800 number?
Can you reopen it again online?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2022, 08:43 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
You called the 800 number?
Can you reopen it again online?
I contacted them online, on their website. If I don't see any change or updates, I will re-open it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2022, 09:09 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulzandersView Post
I know that here I can't sell, but only buy stamps. Then where can I sell my ones?
I think you might be in the wrong thread. However, yes, you can sell your stamps/stamping items in the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum. There is a Buy/Sell Thread for that there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2022, 11:01 AM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulzandersView Post
I know that here I can't sell, but only buy stamps. Then where can I sell my ones?
That is correct-we have a buy/sell board.
I think though one is NOT supposed to sell any SU product that is still "current" but you can retired.

You can also sell on platforms like ebay, etsy and I hear there is a bunch of groups on you tube? Or Facebook? Some are groups specific to brands and others are wide open.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2022, 06:29 PM   #19  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 320 Likes on 206 Posts

I have issues with ALL the carriers, and learned when my packages bounce like that the label was damaged and someone had to actually READ it, rather than just scanning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2022, 06:37 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

That could be it, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2022, 12:48 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I hate the companies are sending small items in such large boxes. My DH got windshield wipers in the other day. They sent in a box that we could put our microwave in and still have room. Such a waste.

I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed Ezio collection for my Switch. It came out on Thursday. I live in Missouri. I check my tracking. Best Buy sent it to me on Wednesday. It was sent from Oklahoma. Where I live it should have been on the truck that night and delivered easily to me the next morning. This was my tracking info. Left Oklahoma-Went to Dallas Texas- Went to Wichita Kansas! I am so upset with FedEx right now. Wichita has had a large snowstorm! Who knows when I will see Ezio, lol. I am pretty upset about it. I know it's a small thing to be upset about. I never received a pre-ordered game this late, even in pandemic and even natural disasters. I received a game one time I pre-ordered and we had a large snowstorm. I still got it that day!

The kicker is I made a large order from Hobby Lobby. It was sent out the same day as my game. Hobby Lobby is Oklahoma too. Tracking Oklahoma- Missouri. Also FedEx. That shipment has been delayed too but that was due to weather. I understand that. I truly don't understand this Texas thing. FedEx you went in the wrong direction!

I have no word about Fed Ex, lol. My DH had plenty. I try to be fair and understanding about things. FedEx has lost their minds.

Last edited by lylacfey; 02-19-2022 at 12:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2022, 06:15 AM   #22  

Received 280 Likes on 166 Posts

Someone sent me a package on Feb 15 from a city about four hours drive from St. Louis. I live in central Missouri. My package has been on the scenic route, traveling first to Detroit, then Kansas City for a three-day layover, then Columbia, then St. Louis for another multi day layover, then to Springfield, MO, then through the Lebanon P.O., and now out for delivery to me on a snow day. Whomever delivers my mail does not like snow and will not drive up our driveway in the snow for fear of accident or death. Seriously. I was told this by the local postmaster three weeks ago when I had to retrieve my own package from the P.O. nine miles away due to this fear. Hubby had driven up and down our driveway, and we had been able to drive to any neighboring town without incident. UPS had driven up our driveway without difficulty. Our driveway is 1/10th of a mile long with no ditches to slide off into. I think our delivery person has a serious problem and should probably look for a different job. Long story short, I don’t expect to receive my package until the snow melts. This package isn’t urgent, so I’m not concerned about the delay. What I do care about is that some people get their medicines by mail, and antics like this could actually be life threatening for them. USPS needs to step it up and be more responsible.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by ozarkstamper:
Chinocookie (02-27-2022), kazeka (02-24-2022), Paula in GA (02-25-2022), wavejumper (03-01-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 09:49 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I would have to agree that that is ridiculous and for the reasons you mentioned.
Reply With Quote Likes
ozarkstamper (02-25-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 11:55 AM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts
Default More Snail Mail slowness

Hi Brenda,
Thought you'd like to see how your shipment to me had the same bouncy trip from NH to California, haha! Keep in mind that Oakland, San Pablo and El Sobrante are all within a 15 minute drive from each other. Why it got all the way here, and then went back out to Oakland and San Pablo, I'll never know.
Karen.

TODAY

11:30 am

Delivered, In/At Mailbox

EL SOBRANTE,CA 94803

Feb 24

8:26 am

Out for Delivery

EL SOBRANTE,CA 94803

Feb 24

8:15 am

Arrived at Post Office

EL SOBRANTE,CA 94803

Feb 24

5:09 am

Departed USPS Facility

SAN PABLO,CA 94806

Feb 24

5:09 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

SAN PABLO,CA 94806

Feb 24

3:55 am

Departed USPS Regional Facility

OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 23

3:09 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

EL SOBRANTE,CA 94803

Feb 23

2:53 pm

Departed USPS Facility

SAN PABLO,CA 94806

Feb 23

2:43 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

SAN PABLO,CA 94806

Feb 23

1:51 pm

Departed USPS Regional Facility

Feb 23

9:56 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

Feb 22

In Transit to Next Facility

Feb 21

2:54 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

MIDDLESEX-ESSEX MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Feb 19

2:13 pm

Acceptance

BOW,NH 03304

Feb 19

11:56 am

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

BOW,NH 03304
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2022, 10:04 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

It's crazy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2022, 12:05 AM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkstamperView Post
Someone sent me a package on Feb 15 from a city about four hours drive from St. Louis. I live in central Missouri. My package has been on the scenic route, traveling first to Detroit, then Kansas City for a three-day layover, then Columbia, then St. Louis for another multi day layover, then to Springfield, MO, then through the Lebanon P.O., and now out for delivery to me on a snow day. Whomever delivers my mail does not like snow and will not drive up our driveway in the snow for fear of accident or death. Seriously. I was told this by the local postmaster three weeks ago when I had to retrieve my own package from the P.O. nine miles away due to this fear. Hubby had driven up and down our driveway, and we had been able to drive to any neighboring town without incident. UPS had driven up our driveway without difficulty. Our driveway is 1/10th of a mile long with no ditches to slide off into. I think our delivery person has a serious problem and should probably look for a different job. Long story short, I don’t expect to receive my package until the snow melts. This package isn’t urgent, so I’m not concerned about the delay. What I do care about is that some people get their medicines by mail, and antics like this could actually be life threatening for them. USPS needs to step it up and be more responsible.
I live in Springfield. They were delivering today in thunder sleet. DH went out and salted our sidewalk so nobody would get hurt. We got a delivery from the PO and UPS. FedEx was suppose to deliver but they sent me a message they would deliver tomorrow. I am frustrated with USPS too. They delivered my mail a couple of weeks ago at 9p.m.. It was brutally cold outside. They left my Covid tests in the mailbox without knocking. I was really angry. The government is using the USPS to deliver the tests. They said if the tests are left out in brutal cold they will be destroyed. Good job USPS. Millions of dollars of damaged tests have probably been delivered by them. My mailman just has to park in front of my home and deliver. My block is very small with only six homes on the block. I know it was late but jeez they can be more responsible.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2022, 06:56 AM   #27  
Glitter Guru

They re-opened my case, and now another package has been delayed with no other information available. I'm so done with the USPS. I'm looking for another shipping option for my Etsy shop. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2022, 07:39 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

USPS is not a "for profit" business. Therefore, they don't give a diddly darn about service, etc. They keep their jobs, their retirement, etc. Of course, not all postal people are like that, but so many are. They have new expensive machines, large stamp price increases, and sad service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2022, 10:39 AM   #29  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I live in Springfield. They were delivering today in thunder sleet. DH went out and salted our sidewalk so nobody would get hurt. We got a delivery from the PO and UPS. FedEx was suppose to deliver but they sent me a message they would deliver tomorrow. I am frustrated with USPS too. They delivered my mail a couple of weeks ago at 9p.m.. It was brutally cold outside. They left my Covid tests in the mailbox without knocking. I was really angry. The government is using the USPS to deliver the tests. They said if the tests are left out in brutal cold they will be destroyed. Good job USPS. Millions of dollars of damaged tests have probably been delivered by them. My mailman just has to park in front of my home and deliver. My block is very small with only six homes on the block. I know it was late but jeez they can be more responsible.
I did not know about the brutal cold destroying the Covid tests. If that’s the case, I’m certain ours are no longer valid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2022, 12:49 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozarkstamperView Post
I did not know about the brutal cold destroying the Covid tests. If that’s the case, I’m certain ours are no longer valid.
I hope this helps- https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...st/6650634001/

I am pretty sure our tests are bad now.

OzarkStamper I thought you would find this funny. FedEx sent me a package from Dallas distro & it went straight to Strafford MO. Instead of putting it on the truck to deliver to my home that is only ten miles away they sent it to Wichita, then Lenexa KS, then to Salinas Kansas, back to Wichita and now it coming back to Strafford to be delivered today,lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2022, 08:42 AM   #31  

OzarkStamper I thought you would find this funny. FedEx sent me a package from Dallas distro & it went straight to Strafford MO. Instead of putting it on the truck to deliver to my home that is only ten miles away they sent it to Wichita, then Lenexa KS, then to Salinas Kansas, back to Wichita and now it coming back to Strafford to be delivered today,lol.[/QUOTE]

Good grief!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2022, 08:43 AM   #32  

[QUOTE=lylacfey;22154345]I hope this helps- https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2022/02/04/cold-temperatures-could-affect-home-covid-test/6650634001

Thank you for this link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2022, 07:23 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 34 Likes on 7 Posts

Ha ha ...too funny. The ladies in my stamp group have a favourite saying....."Five cents for postage...plus $1.25 for storage!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Paula in GA (02-28-2022)