Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2024, 06:05 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 676 Likes on 348 Posts
Default Precision Glue Press

I have loved the Gina K Connect Glue for it's shape, being easy to squeeze for my arthritic hands and the thinness of it as well as it giving some wiggle room before drying. Unfortunately this last batch I ordered was not the same formula, hard to squeeze out and thick. I contacted Gina K but did not get a helpful response.

Someone has suggested the Precision Glue Press by Sweet Petunia:

https://www.mysweetpetunia.com/MISTI...ess-bundle.htm

Has anyone used this? Is the glue like Gina K, which gives some wiggle room before drying? Any comments would be helpful. LM :-)

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
DancesWithHooves (02-20-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 06:47 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 220 Likes on 135 Posts

I would love to be able to answer this. However, I've been waiting for notifications that it is in stock. Seems to be out everywhere I've checked for the last couple months. I have read good things about it, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2024, 07:22 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 737 Likes on 358 Posts

While I am a tool hound, I have waffled on the press. More space, another "thing"....so I would love to hear if people have them and what they think of it! Doesn't it only take one type of glue bottle? Or maybe there is more than one company press?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2024, 11:15 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I saw this tool when May-May had her video on it... I was lucky enough to be able to purchase it immediately. In the beginning, it was wonderful. It can use ANY liquid glue, giving you a little wiggle room when applied. I normally use either Barely Art glue or Art Glitter Glue. When my tube in the presicion glue press gets about half way, it will no longer squeeze out. I've questioned it here and on you tube. I know you cannot use solvent adhesives in it, it needs to be water based. I also clean the stainless steel needle I keep in the tip when not in use. A few crafters have suggested making sure the bottle is placed with the 'softer side' down so the handle and press work better, and others have said they are still waiting for it go be available again. I still have to refill the bottle when it reaches about halfway. As long as I do that, it is a fabulous tool. Today I 'drained' all the glue out, thinking maybe mixing the Art Glitter Glue and the Bearly Art Glue might be the problem. I refilled it with only the Art Glitter Glue.. I'll see when I use it again. Since I keep both bottles on my desk, storing them upside down helps but I still sometimes have to shake the glue or poke a needle into the tip several times. When the Precision Glue Press needs a refill, I just grab one and refill it - so maybe the mixture is the problem. ?? I'm not sure . I've had this problem since I purchased it.. It's a fabulous idea, and wonderful when it works. I guess others need to be able to purchase it and use it daily to see if this is a design issue, or 'user' issue, and then give an opinion on it. Still, with the annoyance of it not working half way, it is a great idea. I still have hopes it'll work better with only using one name brand of glue in it. If you purchase one, please update this forum and let others know how it works for you. Thanks !!
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by mac4551:
cjzim (02-04-2024), hoptownracer1 (03-28-2024), TLady (02-21-2024), wavejumper (02-02-2024)
Old 01-31-2024, 02:34 PM   #5  

Received 280 Likes on 166 Posts

I have a Precision Glue Press. I have been so pleased! It is easy on the hands, so a wonderful choice for those with hand issues. I use the Tonic glue that comes with the tool. This was my go to glue of choice before I got the Glue Press tool. I have not used any other brand of glue with the Press. I’ve had my press since July or August. I’m still using the same bottle of glue. I switch the tip according to my needs, fine line, or a bit more glue. The fine line is great for those intricate word dies. The regular tip allows enough glue to flow through to allow a little more wiggle room before the paper layers won’t move any more. If I’m not going to be using it for awhile, such as a week or more, I do put the cap back on, but I probably don’t really need to. I’ve had the cap off for an entire month now, and the glue continues to flow smoothly. One does need to make sure the glue is “cradled” properly in the Press so the tip of the bottle rests well on the silicone pad. I inserted the tiniest bit of cotton below the silicone pad to assure good contact. I have never used GinaK Connect glue or Bearly Art glue, so I cannot offer a comparison.

Last edited by ozarkstamper; 02-01-2024 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Correction
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 6 users liked this post by ozarkstamper:
KittyD35 (04-10-2024), LMstamps (02-03-2024), MangieB (02-21-2024), RJP111 (02-01-2024), wavejumper (02-02-2024), whim6915 (01-31-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 11:42 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 496 Likes on 164 Posts

I have the glue press. I do like it, but I don’t use it everyday. When I first got it, I left it sitting with the fine tip sitting in the holder against the small silicone disc. It did clog, so I needed to clean the tip, which resolved that pretty easily. I have since put the bottle tip back in the lid, which has a thin ‘pin’ to keep the tip clear. So far that has worked beautifully.
I love the thin bead of glue that the fine tip applies to smaller or more detailed die cuts; I have not tried the other tip (which is a bit larger). I have been using the Nuvo glue that was included in the fine-tip bottle, so I have not tried to refill the bottle yet; but the Nuvo works just fine.
Since I do not have arthritis, I still use my Tombow Mono-multi glue to apply to the backs of card layers. I have two friends who do have arthritis, however, and they each love the Press. One gal makes a ton of cards using Tim Holtz Colorize dies, and she said the Press has been a game-changer for her.

Hope this helps a bit for you. I had some reservations getting this, but it wasn’t due to the actual functionality or price (more personal reasons); however, I would buy it again.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by ChrisO:
cjzim (02-04-2024), LMstamps (02-03-2024), wavejumper (02-02-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 04:10 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Love It!!

I use Gina K Connect Glue and also love it. When the press came out, I was able to put my name on the waitlist at my stamping store and it just came back in stock. Got it yesterday. I have used it at the stamp store and love it. So easy to use and easy on the hands. I will be transferring my Gina K Connect glue to the extra bottle. Well worth the price and it takes up very little room on my table, which all of you know, becomes a six-inch square when you are making a card.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by snowowl:
cjzim (02-04-2024), gobarb26 (04-20-2024), LMstamps (02-04-2024), susie718 (02-24-2024), whim6915 (02-04-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 07:20 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the glue press. Initially I really liked it. But now I am finding that if I don't use it for a day, the tip clogs and it won't dispense glue. So I have to put the cap on it -- which defeats the purpose of the holder, in my opinion......although it works great while you are crafting to have a place to park it and the glue is ready to flow immediately. I just hoped it would work without having to use the lid at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Fizzy53:
ChrisO (02-15-2024), cmead756 (02-21-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 07:24 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Margot - the Glue Press comes with 1 bottle full of Nuvo glue, and another bottle that is empty so you can put any liquid glue you like in it. Wendy
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Fizzy53:
fl_beachbum (02-17-2024), wavejumper (02-21-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 05:45 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 670 Likes on 422 Posts

I have one and I really love mine, I was a little bit skeptical when I ordered it as I have numerous liquid type glue bottles on the table that are not being used. because, I tend to reach for a double sided glue strip first.
after it arrived I did leave it out and I find I am actually cutting and using it with those 9 million teeny tiny pieced die sets. I used to get the dies in the mail and just groan looking at them thinking how you are going to use this without wearing the glue on your fingers. and this has fixed that problem for me. I am waiting to see it in stock to buy one for a friend with arthritis as I think it will be a game changer for her also.
I did try the larger nozzle one once and I do not like that, I do prefer the fine tip nozzle best.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
wavejumper (02-21-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 04:33 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I received mine and I do like it. It is easy to use with my arthritic hands.LM :-)

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
MangieB (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 02:45 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjzimView Post
I would love to be able to answer this. However, I've been waiting for notifications that it is in stock. Seems to be out everywhere I've checked for the last couple months. I have read good things about it, though.
I never received my notification that it was back in stock, but noticed it was available at scrapbook.com again recently. I ordered it, but have not yet gotten it yet. Last I saw, they still had some and they are $34.99, which is kind of pricey for me, but my arthritis seems to be getting worse in my hands lately. What the heck...you only live once, right? Simon Hurley has a good video out regarding its pros/cons.
Sorry I can't give an assessment on the product at this point in time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Cottage Paper (03-28-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 04:58 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I absolutely love mine. Use it every day! The fine tip is the one I use. I have refilled it with the Tombow "green glue" and it works wonderfully.
Reply With Quote Likes
cjzim (02-26-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 05:43 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by skm330mksView Post
I absolutely love mine. Use it every day! The fine tip is the one I use. I have refilled it with the Tombow "green glue" and it works wonderfully.
Mine has been shipped! Can't wait to get my hands on it and give it a whirl. I imagine I'll lean heavily on the fine tip, too. Haven't been this excited about a crafting supply in many years!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by j-nita:
LMstamps (02-21-2024), whim6915 (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 07:47 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

An alternative to the glue press is to use a syringe (no needle) filled with glue. Koren Wiskman was the first person I saw using them. Having problems with my arthritic hands means it's something I'm considering.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Kathleen Mc:
gobarb26 (04-20-2024), thescpells (02-28-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 12:30 PM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I absolutely LOVE the Precision glue press. As others have already mentioned, it is especially user-friendly for those of us with arthritis in our hands. It is so much easier to use than trying to squeeze and coax glue out of a bottle directly. Thus far I have only used the glue that came with the press (Nuvo), but I am hoping that other liquid glues will also work.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by MangieB:
LMstamps (02-21-2024), whim6915 (02-21-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 02:23 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 480 Likes on 355 Posts

So glad to see this thread as I've been contemplating the Precision glue press because the arthritis in my hands is getting worse. But I recently discovered the Bearly Art Glue and I find that their container is the easiest container I've ever worked with in terms of not requiring a lot of pressure to squeeze. So I'll keep my eye on the Precision glue press reviews before I decide to spend that much money!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by susanbri:
gobarb26 (04-20-2024), hoptownracer1 (03-28-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 06:47 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the Bearly Art Glue, but am a little annoyed with it because the pin they provide to keep the glue flowing rusts, and now the glue is coming out brown, looking very icky...so I am no longer a fan. I am extremely happy with the Precision Glue Press; I did not want to buy it from My Sweet Petunia because she put a stop to SU's selling of our Stamparatus, but I bought it because of my Arthritic hands. LM :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbriView Post
So glad to see this thread as I've been contemplating the Precision glue press because the arthritis in my hands is getting worse. But I recently discovered the Bearly Art Glue and I find that their container is the easiest container I've ever worked with in terms of not requiring a lot of pressure to squeeze. So I'll keep my eye on the Precision glue press reviews before I decide to spend that much money!

Reply With Quote Likes
ChrisO (02-24-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 07:05 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

[QUOTE=LMstamps;22305810]I have the Bearly Art Glue, but am a little annoyed with it because the pin they provide to keep the glue flowing rusts, and now the glue is coming out brown, looking very icky...so I am no longer a fan.

I have purchased 10+ bottles of Bearly Arts glue as I use it in my card classes. I have never had an issue with the pin that is provided. (In case others are interested in this brand of glue.)
Reply With Quote Likes
gobarb26 (04-20-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 07:13 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=stampinstacy2010;22305813]
Quote:

Originally Posted by LMstampsView Post
I have the Bearly Art Glue, but am a little annoyed with it because the pin they provide to keep the glue flowing rusts, and now the glue is coming out brown, looking very icky...so I am no longer a fan.

I have purchased 10+ bottles of Bearly Arts glue as I use it in my card classes. I have never had an issue with the pin that is provided. (In case others are interested in this brand of glue.)
Likewise, I've never had the pin rust with my Bearly Art Glue and I'm on my third bottle.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
gobarb26 (04-20-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 07:01 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the info. I am using the original pin that came with the bottle, so maybe I got a bad one?
I made a set of 8 cards, with many pieces that had to be glued, and the Precision Glue Press worked really well with my Arthritic hands, so I am thankful. LM :-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2024, 04:40 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 670 Likes on 422 Posts

It may be a humidity thing too? ( like if some how some water got to the pin?) I have had pins in glue bottles rust before So, when you find that out because, you just put the glue on an almost done piece where its visible that is highly annoying. I could not tell you which bottle or what glue anymore I tossed it years ago.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2024, 03:25 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 213 Likes on 191 Posts

Love mine....I've struggled in the past with my glue clogging up all the time. It's a great tool and I'm so glad I got it. I put the lid back on each time, although one day I forgot and it sat in the holder and was still fine after 2 days...no problems. It comes with an extra bottle which is good as you can fill it up with your favourite glue.
Reply With Quote Likes
LMstamps (02-27-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 06:06 PM   #24  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 625 Likes on 438 Posts

My travels took me close to a brick and mortar sb store today so I had to go in. They had the glue press in stock and had one I could try. Well guess what made it in my cart? I have been looking at it for awhile. I can’t wait to try when I get home.
Reply With Quote Likes
LMstamps (02-29-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 09:16 PM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Game Changer

I LOVE the glue press. I’ve been using it daily for about a week, and it’s a game changer if you have arthritis in your hard. I was struggling to squeeze every glue bottle, including Gina K, and Bearly Art Glue. My hands would ache, so I didn’t make cards often. I liked the Gina K fine tipped bottles best, with Gina K glue, but the tips kept clogging. I thought I’d have to quit making cards because of the pain, but I’ve made about 50 this week and my hands don’t hurt at all.

The Glue Press is well made. I takes just the tiniest pressure to get the glue to flow. I like the fine tip best, but you have a choice of a larger tip. It’s fine enough to glue very intricate dies, and uses little glue, so the glue lasts a long time. You need to get in the habit of putting the glue press back in the holder between using, and not on the table when not in use, or it will clog. I get the tiniest bit of glue that oozes out, when it’s sitting against the silicone in the holder. That’s actually a blessing, because it prevents it clogging. I wipe that tiny bit of glue off, and it’s ready to go. The Press takes up very little space, and the base is stable. It never tips over.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by LifesABeach48:
LMstamps (03-03-2024), whim6915 (03-02-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 07:06 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

I use it and like, much easier on my arthritic hands. I agree it is pricy, especially when purchasing in Canada, but is worth it if you can continue crafting without discomfort.
Reply With Quote Likes
LMstamps (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 02:18 PM   #27  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I started using this on Friday. I love it! My bff was using it Saturday and ordered one right away! We were sharing it and every time I went to grab it she had it! We have been buying scrapbook page kits and this glue press makes them so much easier to put together.

Last edited by PMR; 03-04-2024 at 02:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2024, 03:43 PM   #28  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

What are your favorite glues for the glue press?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2024, 10:11 AM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

Default Glue Press update

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-nitaView Post
Mine has been shipped! Can't wait to get my hands on it and give it a whirl. I imagine I'll lean heavily on the fine tip, too. Haven't been this excited about a crafting supply in many years!!!
Got it. Love it. Wish I'd gotten it sooner. It's been in its cradle since I opened it and only once did it glob up (because I didn't get it seated firmly on the silicone area). I just wiped the end off, used stainless pin to unclog,and it's been business as usual ever since. Easy as pie! The fine tip is wonderful and squeezing trigger is SO much more comfortable on my achy hands than a glue bottle!
Would recommend to anyone who suffers from arthritis, or maybe forgets to put pin in bottle when done using (guilty...lol). As long as it's seated snugly in the base, it's ready to go when you are.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by j-nita:
InkyTexan (03-27-2024), whim6915 (03-06-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 06:23 AM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts

[QUOTE=j-nita;22305212Simon Hurley has a good video out regarding its pros/cons.[/QUOTE]

Great video! Thanks for mentioning it. Now I want one! Some of the things he likes about it can apply to any liquid glue. Someone on SCS said she doesn’t cap her Tombow “green” glue while working. She just puts it upside down in a shot glass or jar without the lid. I have started doing that too and very few problems. Sometimes I accidentily leave it overnight and it may develop a glue crust but I just pop it off. Simon uses the Bearly glue also. (Which I hadn’t heard of until now.) For those that have used both and like the Bearly why do you prefer it over the Tombow “green” glue?

Last edited by Cottage Paper; 03-28-2024 at 07:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Cindy H. (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 02:10 AM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's disappointing to hear about your experience with the recent batch of Gina K Connect Glue, especially when dealing with arthritic hands. While I haven't personally used the Precision Glue Press by Sweet Petunia, its design seems promising for ease of use. Hopefully, someone in the community can share their experience regarding its consistency and drying time compared to Gina K's glue. It might also be worth looking into reviews or reaching out directly to Sweet Petunia for more detailed information on the product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2024, 09:09 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cottage PaperView Post
For those that have used both and like the Bearly why do you prefer it over the Tombow “green” glue?
I prefer the Bearly over the Tombow because the container is easier to squeeze for my arthritic hands, and because the Bearly has a very fine point so is better for gluing small die cut pieces, but as far as the quality of the glue is concerned, I don't see any difference.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by susanbri:
Cottage Paper (03-29-2024), gobarb26 (04-20-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 11:51 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 220 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm coming back to post again since I received my glue press and have been using it for two or three weeks. I really like it, it helps me from having pain in my hands and the included glue is good. I will probably fill the extra bottle with Tombow because that's been my go-to glue for years.
I was basically keeping the glue open and resting on the silicon pad when not in use with no problems, but last week I went to show it to a crafting friend and it was clogged : ( I had the fine tip in and it was resting on the pad. So, I had to soak the tip in hot water for a bit to get it cleared out. I discovered that some of the glue had collected in the top of the bottle and hardened a bit, preventing the glue from flowing from the tip. So, I guess I've learned I need to put the cap back on between uses, which I'm disappointed about. I don't have the greatest vision and getting the fine glue tip fitted into the cap isn't easy for me. I guess I will go find that video mentioned.

ETA ~ I watched Simon Hurley's video and from what he said, he never caps the glue, so I think I'll give it another try just leaving the tip resting on the silicon pad. He did mention to squeeze the sides of the glue bottle before finishing up a crafting session; this is to force any glue down into the bottle. That may be what I needed to do to prevent the glue resting near the top of the bottle, becoming thick and clogging the bottle. Will report back if I have issues again!

Last edited by cjzim; 03-29-2024 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: add comment
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cjzim:
ChrisO (03-29-2024), DianeinSparks (03-29-2024), LMstamps (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 12:55 PM   #34  
Mad Swapper

Received 496 Likes on 164 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjzimView Post
I'm coming back to post again since I received my glue press and have been using it for two or three weeks. I really like it, it helps me from having pain in my hands and the included glue is good. I will probably fill the extra bottle with Tombow because that's been my go-to glue for years.
I was basically keeping the glue open and resting on the silicon pad when not in use with no problems, but last week I went to show it to a crafting friend and it was clogged : ( I had the fine tip in and it was resting on the pad. So, I had to soak the tip in hot water for a bit to get it cleared out. I discovered that some of the glue had collected in the top of the bottle and hardened a bit, preventing the glue from flowing from the tip. So, I guess I've learned I need to put the cap back on between uses, which I'm disappointed about. I don't have the greatest vision and getting the fine glue tip fitted into the cap isn't easy for me. I guess I will go find that video mentioned.

ETA ~ I watched Simon Hurley's video and from what he said, he never caps the glue, so I think I'll give it another try just leaving the tip resting on the silicon pad. He did mention to squeeze the sides of the glue bottle before finishing up a crafting session; this is to force any glue down into the bottle. That may be what I needed to do to prevent the glue resting near the top of the bottle, becoming thick and clogging the bottle. Will report back if I have issues again!
I’m really glad you posted to add this because I ran into the exact same issue after leaving mine open but seated on the silicone pad for less than a few days. It has been really difficult to use since then, even after cleaning out the clog in the tip and recapping after each use. I will check the opening of the bottle. Thanks for sharing these details!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2024, 12:30 PM   #35  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac4551View Post
I saw this tool when May-May had her video on it... I was lucky enough to be able to purchase it immediately. In the beginning, it was wonderful. It can use ANY liquid glue, giving you a little wiggle room when applied. I normally use either Barely Art glue or Art Glitter Glue. When my tube in the presicion glue press gets about half way, it will no longer squeeze out. I've questioned it here and on you tube. I know you cannot use solvent adhesives in it, it needs to be water based. I also clean the stainless steel needle I keep in the tip when not in use. A few crafters have suggested making sure the bottle is placed with the 'softer side' down so the handle and press work better, and others have said they are still waiting for it go be available again. I still have to refill the bottle when it reaches about halfway. As long as I do that, it is a fabulous tool. Today I 'drained' all the glue out, thinking maybe mixing the Art Glitter Glue and the Bearly Art Glue might be the problem. I refilled it with only the Art Glitter Glue.. I'll see when I use it again. Since I keep both bottles on my desk, storing them upside down helps but I still sometimes have to shake the glue or poke a needle into the tip several times. When the Precision Glue Press needs a refill, I just grab one and refill it - so maybe the mixture is the problem. ?? I'm not sure . I've had this problem since I purchased it.. It's a fabulous idea, and wonderful when it works. I guess others need to be able to purchase it and use it daily to see if this is a design issue, or 'user' issue, and then give an opinion on it. Still, with the annoyance of it not working half way, it is a great idea. I still have hopes it'll work better with only using one name brand of glue in it. If you purchase one, please update this forum and let others know how it works for you. Thanks !!
I had the same problem - everything was going great with the glue press when it stopped working. The bottle stilll has glue in it. Glad I'm not the only one with the problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2024, 02:09 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered one as soon as I saw it on May May's channel. I really like it! I do think the key thing about this tool is to seal it up after a session of crafting. My problem is when I place it in it's holder I forget to cap it at the end of a project. It looks put up so I kind of forget to put the pin cap back on.
I do love it though when it has fresh glue. The last bottle I had, I used it about 2/3 way through and the last 1/3 was hard to get out because I forgot to pin cap it at the end of my crafting session and I left it in it's holder for a week before I crafted again. It got a little dry that way. Still worked but it took more effort.
When I refilled it with fresh glue it worked smoothly again. I think it's very much worth it to get one and use it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2024, 03:11 PM   #37  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill with a GView Post
I ordered one as soon as I saw it on May May's channel. I really like it! I do think the key thing about this tool is to seal it up after a session of crafting. My problem is when I place it in it's holder I forget to cap it at the end of a project. It looks put up so I kind of forget to put the pin cap back on.
I do love it though when it has fresh glue. The last bottle I had, I used it about 2/3 way through and the last 1/3 was hard to get out because I forgot to pin cap it at the end of my crafting session and I left it in it's holder for a week before I crafted again. It got a little dry that way. Still worked but it took more effort.
When I refilled it with fresh glue it worked smoothly again. I think it's very much worth it to get one and use it.
I never cap mine and Have no problems, I did discover that if you are careful to make sure the tip touches the red pad in the holder when you are finished for the day it very seldom clogs. I've never mixed glues before so that may be the problem. I use slower drying glues for worktime so that may help also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2024, 03:44 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

@sonjiab What kind of glue do you use? I’d like to know the best glues to use with the Glue Press? Which ones have people had the best success with?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2024, 04:43 PM   #39  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I am having great success with the Bearly art glue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2024, 10:55 AM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

Default lost seal for Precision Glue Press

Prior to buying the Precision Glue Press my go to glue was Art Glitter Glue and I have not used the Gina K. Connect Glue to compare. I loved the glue press since it worked well with my arthritic hands. I can make the Art Glitter Glue fit into the press, but up to now, I've just been using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive with my press. Recently upon my return home from a crop, I found that I'd accidentally lost the red silicone glue seal that is a separate piece that rests on the base for the glue to rest on. Therefore, you might want to consider permanently adhering this piece to the base. My Sweet Petunia didn't reply to the two emails I sent asking if I might be able to purchase a new seal. My local store sent an email and immediately received this reply "I do not sell any spare parts for the glue press." So, please be careful and maybe consider fastening that seal into place so you aren't disappointed like I am.
Cindy A.
Reply With Quote Likes