Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-27-2011, 05:56 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, what's your resolution for 2012?

Have you made any stamping resolutions for 2012? I plan on not buying ANY paper next year! Seriously, I have so much I need to use up and I have stamp sets I bought and never even opened! I want to actually use stuff!

I also plan to use the mulberry paper I've been hoarding for 15 years! I resolve to spend more time stamping and less time shopping for supplies I don't need!

I did just place an order with PTI as my last hurrah for this year!;) Can't wait for my loot!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:00 AM   #2  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 638 Likes on 448 Posts

I am going to use what I have. I hope to only buy solid card stock. I also would like to make at least 2 cards a month. I know that isn't many but it is what I can do. For scrapping, I need to organize my pictures and get back to scrapping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I plan to use what I have too! I will have to buy some cardstock before the year ends and some ink!

I plan to do more cards to friends and family instead of just making them and hoarding them!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:04 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I'm right there with you on the 'using what I have'. It's not necessarily that I won't be buying anything, I just need to use what I get and stop saving it 'for something really special'.

My Stamping Pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I am hoping to use more of what I have...including stickers, paper, and using stamps that I haven't even opened yet!!! I won't say that I won't buy anything, but I want to stay out of michaels, hobby lobby and ac moores more too!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I plan to do a blog for the fun of it, and to stamp more for my enjoyment than for just holidays etc. I sell a lot of cards, but want to find more time to stamp and make what I like and get more enjoyment out of my hobby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't say I will quit buying fun supplies, as I know I would fail miserably. I would like to participate in more challenges to expand my knowledge and creativity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I am also in the category of using the supplies and stamps that I already have and not buy anything else with the exception of ATG tape and cardstock when I do finally run out of my stash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking

I am going to use my beautiful papers instead of looking at them then putting them away again.
I'm going to be more adventurous with new techniques.
I am going to tidy and organise my desk at least once a month!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Mission Possible--- make 5-10 cards a month (including next year's Christmas cards), get my late mom's pictures scrapbooked AND BUY AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE....

My motto for life: "Less is More"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would like to use what I have now. I have so many things that I keep thinking I should save them for something really special. Well, I've decided that everyday is special and I need to let the people in my life know they are special too. So, I'm going to try (notice the word "try") and use up the supplies I have on hand and only replace the absolute basics. I have so many digital supplies, I won't ever need to buy patterned paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would simply like to get far enough ahead on my card making that I'm never rushing to finish a birthday card in time.

I'd like to start making random "thinking of you" cards to send to friends.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 298 Likes on 115 Posts

I don't really make "resolutions" so much as I think about what I'd like to do/not do in the year ahead. One thing that I thought would be fun would be to haul out my books that show 101 things to do with your supplies or different techniques or whatever, and just pick one or two things a week to try out - using my hoarded supplies instead of buying new, of course ;)

I also want to be a better friend - call people more, invite them out more, send them notes or cards for no reason, etc. - so that will come into play here, as well...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

I want to use up all my retired SU cardstock.

Try more techniques (I made this goal last New Year's and tried one new technique all year:rolleyes

Spend more time stamping than I do here and on Facebook
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I plan to shop my stash first...I'll do some shopping, but will do my best to make do with what's in my room, first. I also am going to learn a lot more about my new Cameo. That's a whole new product for me, so I'm excited about the challenge of learning it. One of my goals, I already met--I needed to refill my ribbon storage unit (which is a pain), but I just hunkered down and did it. It's all pretty and full once again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I'd like to do more scrapbooking in the upcoming year as card making took over for me in 2011. I need to stop buying new supplies (I cut back this past year, but more cuts are needed)... I will continue to work on my project Life album...

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

My hobby resolutions for 2012 are:

1. At least 30 years ago I did calligraphy and I still have my pens and nibs. In 2012 I am going to get out my Calligraphy equipment and practice to relearn it.
It is a waste of money for me to buy stamps with sentiments done in Calligraphy when I could write them my self if I just invest some time practicing again.

2. I am going to make a better effort sticking to my craft budget and use what I have. I want to go back to buying only on an as need basis. I don't need to have a mini store in my place. I can drive to HL or Michaels in a few minutes.

3. In the past 3 years I have concentrated solely on card making. This Christmas I made a Temari as a gift. I forgot how relaxing stitching can be. I am going to continue to make cards, but I also want to go back to enjoying my other hobbies too.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 12-27-2011 at 09:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lundie and Sue - I'm kinda with both of you. I would liek to maek 5-10 cards per month, especially my Christmas cards so it's not such a rush and I can get them out just after Thanksgiving next year instead of the 22nd. I also have loads of scrapping to do with 4 grands and 3 children plus I'm planning on making a recipe scrapbook for my girls for next Christmas.

I am planning to try to shop my craft cave before I actually go out and purchase more. To make that easier I am planning to organize, reduce, reuse, etc my craft cave in the first few months of the year. My plan is actually to take one room of my house each month and reduce/organize/clean/paint/whatever needs to be done. This will help so much in every part of my life including making me feel less stressful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

My New Year's Resolution is to be more crafty. I want to be working on projects throughout the year, so I'm going to take on some larger projects that will take longer to finish. I plan on building up my collection of stamps and paper because I hardly have any! I'm also going on a ribbon shopping spree
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here are mine:

1) Although I did a major purge in November, I need to continue the process.
2) A lot will be going on in 2012 and I would like to document it in Project Life.
3) My blog was neglected this year. I would like to get back to regular postings.
4) I enjoyed participating in challenges this year. I'd like to do more next year. And post them in my blog.
5) I'd like to make and then SEND cards. Novel concept, I know.
6) I used to be an avid stitcher. I'd like to get back to it.

That's enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

My resolution for 2012 is just to actually send the cards I make. I don't know why, but I'm always really reluctant to mail them. So I'm going to try and make sure all my family and closest friends get at least a birthday card from me, and I'm going to try to send my mom regular "just because" cards. She lives a couple of hours' drive from me, so we don't get together enough, but I know she loves to get cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #22  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,199 Posts

I am going to make 5 Christmas cards each month. I decided last year to cut down on the buying and did really well this year. Last year I earned 3 or 4 rewards coupons from ACMoore (one for every $200 you spend!) This year I just barely earned 1...Although, come to think of it, I shop more at Michaels, but they don't give those rewards...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I am going to make 5 Christmas cards each month. I decided last year to cut down on the buying and did really well this year. Last year I earned 3 or 4 rewards coupons from ACMoore (one for every $200 you spend!) This year I just barely earned 1...Although, come to think of it, I shop more at Michaels, but they don't give those rewards...
They do now... Last time I was in the store, the associate gave me a rewards card and all I have to do is activate it online. They may not have it at all locations (I tried to find info on the website, but was unsuccessful), but you might want to ask next time you're there...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Since so many of you are mentioning that you want to make Christmas cards throughout the year, you might want to consider joining the Jingle Belles challenges. I only did about half of them last year, but it was a lot of fun, and I still had more cards than I needed to send out!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
They do now... Last time I was in the store, the associate gave me a rewards card and all I have to do is activate it online. They may not have it at all locations (I tried to find info on the website, but was unsuccessful), but you might want to ask next time you're there...
Oh, I have the rewards card. They just don't give you $10 in rewards for every $200 spent. The only thing that I have received is emails with coupons...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh, I have the rewards card. They just don't give you $10 in rewards for every $200 spent. The only thing that I have received is emails with coupons...
Well, that hardly seems worth the trouble! Maybe I won't bother to activate it, then. I'll have to read the info that came with it when I get a moment to care...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

One thing I did last year was to joint the BRAK (Birthday Random Acts of Kindness) group on SCS. This gave me a goal of making 4-6 birthday cards every month and also came with a deadline. I found that this helped me make good use of my supplies and time. The other thing that increases my production is to stamp with a friend. I always make much more when I get together with others. I'm less likely to just re-organize my craft room. Also I want to continue to purge my craft room. It's a jungle in there! I recently sold a bunch of stuff at a garage sale at the local stamp store and I don't even miss what I sold. I'm hoping also to make stamped birth announcements for the new baby I am expecting in April. I sense a decrease in my stamping production in the spring so I'd best get stamping now lol!

http://craftermeetstamper.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my goal is to send more cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Well, that hardly seems worth the trouble! Maybe I won't bother to activate it, then. I'll have to read the info that came with it when I get a moment to care...
They sometimes say they load coupons directly to the cards so you wouldn't need a coupon for some things, but I've never found anything that helped with a purchase other than their printed coupons, and many times I use ACMoore coupons at Michaels because they are usually better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My 2012 craft goals are simple:

1) Organize my craft/storage/office room in a logical manner with a place for everything (and hopefully everything in its place).
2) Complete at least one scrapbook page each month (not an average of one per month, but AT LEAST one each month).
3) Complete at least one Christmas card each month.
4) Complete at least one Birthday, Thank-You, other card each month.
5) Be more selective in my craft spending (ie: giving myself permission to buy something I really want, even if it's not on sale and reminding myself that just because something in on sale, on clearance or can be purchased with a coupon doesn't mean that it's a bargain if it's not what I really want or need.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

The other thing I am trying to do is to make multiples of a card. If I have everything out I might as well make 4 cards at the same time. I find the part that takes the most time is coming up with the idea.

http://craftermeetstamper.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default So sweet

Quote:

I don't really make "resolutions" so much as I think about what I'd like to do/not do in the year ahead. One thing that I thought would be fun would be to haul out my books that show 101 things to do with your supplies or different techniques or whatever, and just pick one or two things a week to try out - using my hoarded supplies instead of buying new, of course ;)

I also want to be a better friend - call people more, invite them out more, send them notes or cards for no reason, etc. - so that will come into play here, as well...
Oh how nice on the friend front. I try to send my friends cards now and then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Michael's

Quote:

They sometimes say they load coupons directly to the cards so you wouldn't need a coupon for some things, but I've never found anything that helped with a purchase other than their printed coupons, and many times I use ACMoore coupons at Michaels because they are usually better!
Michael's just seems to tick me off more and more all the time. It depends on who you talk to what the Rewards card does. I got a notice that I get $5.00 off my next purchase. They do not load the 40% off coupon on it. You still have to have the paper coupon. I'm not sure why I even bother with the Rewards card. It's more trouble than it's worth. Thanks for letting me gripe about M's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

I want to finish the card sketches so I can try my new challenge to myself. I'm calling it the "Friday Five."

I want to take a stamp or stamp set and create five totally different cards from it during the week and then post on Friday. Just to force myself to see versatility in cards and stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post
I want to finish the card sketches so I can try my new challenge to myself. I'm calling it the "Friday Five."

I want to take a stamp or stamp set and create five totally different cards from it during the week and then post on Friday. Just to force myself to see versatility in cards and stamps.
OMG Chautona , I can't wait to see those. I always stuggle with a variety of ways to use a stamp set . Where will you be posting them, in the Gallery or your Blog or both ??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChautonaView Post

I'd love to see what you come up with..great idea !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #37  
Kookie Creator

I'm just going to try to use up what I have. No more saving paper for that "special" page that never really gets done. Only thing I'm going to try to buy are adhesives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 05:28 AM   #38  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I am going to send out cards, On Time, to friends and family. I was givin a calander for Christmas with all family B days, Anniversary, graduation marked. I will add, before the end of 2011, all the people that I want to send cards to for 2012.

I will use as much of my supplies as I possibly can with trips to LSS for cathargic reasons only. I don't even need to buy adhesive or glue dots in 2012.

Try other crafts.

Help supply neice with crafted projects for her donators for the Breast Cancer Walk she participates in each summer.

Have fun crafting in 2012!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

My resolution is to live...and then make more cards. I am having a big surgery in February that because of heart issues my surgeon said I might not survive. I love love love to make cards to send to the soldiers and for our bookstore at church. I have met some of the most wonderful ladies making cards...this is just a special hobby.
blessings and best wishes for 2012.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #40  
Gabfest Goddess

I'm hoping to purge my craft room of a ton of stuff I done need or use. Either sell it at our LSS or donate it, or do a PIF here.
I can't stand the clutter!!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes