Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2015, 05:28 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin Up Blendabilities

Hi, I have the opportunity to purchase some new Blendabilitles from a friend of mine. My question is does anybody know how many sets their are? She has 11 color groups and the skin tones. Are their more than that? I know stampin up doesn't sell them any more so I'm not sure if I want to start a collection that I cant complete. Thanks, Sherry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

A note of caution as you consider this purchase. SU removed these from their product list for a darn good reason. The machines that manufactured the pens sometimes created a pinhole in the barrels of the pen. This pinhole allowed air into the barrel and the ink dried out. The manufacurer was unable to resolve this problem and SU had to abandon the product because there as an unacceptable level of failure in the pens.

Bottom line, if you purchase the pens, have a discussion with the seller about refunding money if the pens are defective.

I am not trying to be a Debby Downer, just want to save you the heartache of a product purchase gone bad......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

There was 12 color groups + Skin tones in old cattie. Then they came out with 4 more color groups in the Occasions Cattie. Also there was a color lifter. I have all of them and have not had any issues with them drying out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2015, 07:43 PM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,947 Likes on 2,208 Posts

I have them all too with no problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
There was 12 color groups + Skin tones in old cattie. Then they came out with 4 more color groups in the Occasions Cattie. Also there was a color lifter. I have all of them and have not had any issues with them drying out.
Hi, would you be able to tell me what the color groups are of all the ones available? thanks so much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 04:15 AM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Soft sky, night of navy, coastal cabana, Bermuda bay, wisteria wonder, daffodil delight, calypso coral, pumpkin pie, crumb cake, wild wasabi, old olive, cherry cobbler, rich razzleberry, melon mambo, pink pirouette, smoky slate, skin tones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 04:21 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by teensiebabyView Post
Hi, would you be able to tell me what the color groups are of all the ones available? thanks so much
Calypso Coral Assortment � Coastal Cabana Assortment � Cherry Cobbler Assortment � Crumb Cake Assortment �
Daffodil Delight Assortment � Melon Mambo Assortment � Night of Navy Assortment � Old Olive Assortment �
Pumpkin Pie Assortment � Rich Razzleberry Assortment � Smoky Slate Assortment � Wisteria Wonder Assortment �
Bermuda Bay � Soft Sky � Pink Pirouette � Wild Wasabi �

Skin Tone Assortment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 04:37 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Calypso Coral Assortment � Coastal Cabana Assortment � Cherry Cobbler Assortment � Crumb Cake Assortment �
Daffodil Delight Assortment � Melon Mambo Assortment � Night of Navy Assortment � Old Olive Assortment �
Pumpkin Pie Assortment � Rich Razzleberry Assortment � Smoky Slate Assortment � Wisteria Wonder Assortment �
Bermuda Bay � Soft Sky � Pink Pirouette � Wild Wasabi �

Skin Tone Assortment
We must've been typing at the same time! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 06:19 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
A note of caution as you consider this purchase. SU removed these from their product list for a darn good reason. The machines that manufactured the pens sometimes created a pinhole in the barrels of the pen. This pinhole allowed air into the barrel and the ink dried out. The manufacurer was unable to resolve this problem and SU had to abandon the product because there as an unacceptable level of failure in the pens.

Bottom line, if you purchase the pens, have a discussion with the seller about refunding money if the pens are defective.

I am not trying to be a Debby Downer, just want to save you the heartache of a product purchase gone bad......
Please read this and take an extra moment to consider your purchase. While some pens failed right out of the package, most didn't show any sign of being subpar until they'd been used a time or two. It was only then that the low ink level and/or drying up issues surfaced.

Additionally, some pens didn't have the right color in the barrel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 06:37 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Mine have been working fine but I think if any weren't dry out I'd pull the brush tip out and add alcohol. Sometimes the ink is still there but Tue alcohol component dries up. I've done that with my spectrums. Having said that, I'm starting to invest incopics because they blend well and the brush tip is softer. Getting three at a time of color blending families.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it. I think Im going to take my chances and go for it. I may regret it later but right now it seems like a good idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I am an SU demo and I have all of the Blendabilities also. I have not had any issues with mine and decided to keep them because they blend beautifully and I really really like having alcohol markers that match all of my SU colors. I have Spectrum Noir alcohol markers as well and I found that the Blendabilities filled in the blanks in the Spectrum Noir colors. They compliment each other very very well. I am really hoping that SU can find another manufacturer and bring them back. All of my customers are waiting for this.........................
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 Dirty Dozen Alumni SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2015, 05:07 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I'm a SU demo and decided to keep my blendabilities. I had two dry sets replaced prior to them being retired and one of the newest blendabilities colours, Bermuda Bay, has now dried up too with hardly any use. It's really a case of 'buyer beware' as you can't tell how long your set will last, even without use and you can't get refills. I've been a long term user of another brand of alcohol markers and will go back to them once the blendabilities run out or dry up (whichever comes first).
Reply With Quote Likes