Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #81  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
I am excited in anticipating that shipping costs will be reduced too! Shipping 10 UM sets just has to be cheaper than shipping 10 UM sets!
Not to be negative, but I wouldn't count on that - TAC sells only unmounteds on cling foam, and I believe their shipping runs pretty much the same as SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #82  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the shipping costs will be a little less in that the price of the sets will be a little less. I think it is still going to be 10% or the minimum $6.95.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #83  
Matboard Maniac

I am excited too. I have all my stamps still mounted because I was afraid to try to unmount them. Now I can try them and see if I like them. I think I will like them for the classes I give, for a couple reasons. 1 is because they are cheaper and 2 because people at my classes ALWAYS get ink on my brand new wood blocks and it drives me almost over the edge.. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #84  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so excited about SU offering unmounted rubber stamps. Gina K is what got me into stamping in the first place so all of my stamps are unmounted. I have purchased some SU sets that I had to have, but I never mounted them on the blocks, I just replaced the cushions with cling. I hated having to trim the stamps on new cushion. It was a sticky mess and I could never get an exact fit with my scissors. I will be purchasing more SU stamps rather than just ones I can't resist since they will be offing this more convenient option. YAY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #85  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBeeView Post
From what I gather, the foam will be the same sticky foam, but the the sticker will be made of a new material that will cling to the acrylic blocks. You'll put the sticker directly on the sticky side of the foam.
No, this is not correct. The foam will be cling foam which is already attached to the rubber. You can then, add the sticker to the cling side of the stamp so that it shows through the clear block for stamp placement. The sticker is also cling material which will allow the stamp to cling to the block. The stamp can cling to the block with or without the sticker. You DO NOT have to use the sticker for the stamp to cling and the foam on the rubber stamp is not sticky on the part that touches the block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 06:22 PM   #86  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm loving this news!!! Glad to see that SU! is offering the choice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #87  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBakerView Post
No, this is not correct. The foam will be cling foam which is already attached to the rubber. You can then, add the sticker to the cling side of the stamp so that it shows through the clear block for stamp placement. The sticker is also cling material which will allow the stamp to cling to the block. The stamp can cling to the block with or without the sticker. You DO NOT have to use the sticker for the stamp to cling and the foam on the rubber stamp is not sticky on the part that touches the block.
That makes total sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #88  
Cardstock Collector

Default Stampin Up Clear Mount Stamps

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicsView Post
I believe it wasn't so much the rubber that was in question as it was the cling that they would use to adhere it to the acrylic blocks. I know they did not like the idea of the clear stamps and their quality and was glad they stayed with the rubber stamp.

But they do research and want good quality products (after all their name does goes on it)
IS anyone having problems with the SU stamps adhearing to the blocks? They just don't seem to hold as well as the acrylic stamps. I think it is the cling. I was told to clean the block and cling with Stampin' Mist but I am not really finding it works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #89  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLDemsView Post
IS anyone having problems with the SU stamps adhearing to the blocks? They just don't seem to hold as well as the acrylic stamps. I think it is the cling. I was told to clean the block and cling with Stampin' Mist but I am not really finding it works.
It is being said that you must press harder and for a little longer to let them "adhere" themselves to the block. Thats whats being said. For me, personally, I am applying a thin coat of Aleen's tack it over and over over my cling sticker. I like the sticker on there because I want to see what I am stamping, but on very small stamps I just wasnt getting the adhering I wanted to the block without a little help. If you dont like that, you dont have to put the sticker on at all and it clings much better to the acrylic block. I just am personally someone who likes to see the image there when I am stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

Some people have posted a helpful hint...trim the image's label very close to the lines of the image. By doing this, you leave a small border around it which exposes the cling that's on the stamp underneath the label. Some folks have done this ahead of time, others have been able to do it after the labels have been applied to the stamps. I haven't tried this because I'm not experiencing any trouble. 'Course, I am just as comfortable stamping without the label as much as I am with the label, so I haven't really played much...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #91  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Another helpful hint is to clean the STICKER side (not the rubber) and the clear block with a dab of alcohol or windex on a tissue or cotton ball. It cleans the trace oils off the cling and the stamp sticks much better. I've been doing this with an alcohol wipe and it's really helping! I do confess that I still put a little TIOAO on my tiny sentiments though so they would stick to the case and I won't loose them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #92  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one having trouble getting my stamps to stick once I put the labels on them. I have three of these sets and got so frustrated yesterday when I was making a card with the Vintage Vogue set. My sentiment did not want to stay on the block. I like having the label on them but the cling foam works way better without it.Now I'm having second thoughts about buying any more of these sets.

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #93  
Cardstock Collector

Default Disappointed in SU quality

I can't believe SU is selling these new unmounted stamps that don't stick to anything. What were they thinking? A word of warning to everyone. If you get them do NOT adhere the sticker to the stamp. They will not stick to anything with the sticker on them.

I am disgusted that after paying all this money I have to doctor them up with glue so they will stick to a block. They don't stick to the case they come in either. What a disappointment. I will never buy the SU unmounted stamps again.

Trixie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunsauljView Post
I can't believe SU is selling these new unmounted stamps that don't stick to anything. What were they thinking? A word of warning to everyone. If you get them do NOT adhere the sticker to the stamp. They will not stick to anything with the sticker on them.

I am disgusted that after paying all this money I have to doctor them up with glue so they will stick to a block. They don't stick to the case they come in either. What a disappointment. I will never buy the SU unmounted stamps again.

Trixie
If you just hold them tightly to the block for 3 seconds it will stick well enough to stamp. I was frustrated at first, too, but then I started just holding them on there for a few seconds instead of just "throwing" them on...it really does make the difference if you want to use the stickers...in fact...when I take the time to do this the stamps will even stay on while they're being cleaned!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #95  
Cardstock Collector

Default SU unmounted stamps

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried holding them, but they were slick as glass. I ended up pulling the cling image off the stamps, trimming around them like someone suggested, and then sticking the cling back on them. Now there is a rim of sticky that is holding them for now. It just seems like they should work better than they do. I am going back to the wood mounted style next time.

Trixie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #96  
Cardstock Collector

So glad it's not me! I have loads of UM stamps, some with the cling, some without but my SU( with the sticker backing) will not in any way stick to the block by itself. Generally I use the Tsukineko Tack n peel sheets on my acrylic blocks if I'm using just the bare rubber stamps and thought I could get away with just blocks with SU .. not so I'm afraid. - Tack n peel isn't cheap but you can cut it up and it last for ages, as soon as it looses its sticky just rinse it in cold water and dishwashing liquid and you're good to go again, it's well worth the initial outlay and boy does it hold your stamps!! ( a word of warning if your stamps are mounted on EZ foam or similar don't use it or you'll never get it off again, and only use it after you've put the transparent sticker backing on your SU stamps!) certainly saves on buying glue and having to wash your stamps but I wish SU had done their homework better on the cling :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #97  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
I will start looking at SU stamps again now, but the cost differential should be more than 25%. Most companies offering both options usually charge 1/2 for unmounted- the wood is the most expensive part of any stamp..

Well here is what I have seen in my French katty for 2010-2011. They have put the unmounted stamps at the same price as in last year catalogue, and raised the price of the wood mounted stamps by more than 23 %. So from my French point of vue I feel like being forced to buy the unmounted and kind of being stollen of my choice. And this is a pitty because I wanted to become a hobby demo since a long time, I've just filled in the form but without the same feeling of enthousiasme as before the release of the new French katty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #98  
Kookie Creator

What helps for me is that I set my stamp ( sticker side facing up) on to a table, and I push my clear block 'onto' the stamp, and press firmly. For some reason,it works far better than holding the block in one hand and placing the stamp onto the block with your other hand. Hope that made sense!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #99  
Mad Swapper

Another tip for helping the SU stamps to cling to the acrylic block.. make sure you are using a very clean acrylic block, and clean off the back of the stamp as well. Finger prints/body oils, glue, dust.. you name it... it will all prevent them from sticking. But if they're very clean, they will stick beautifully.

You can use a baby wipe or just soap and water on the acrylic, and I find baby wipes or stampin mist work great for the sticker on the stamp. ----OH, and make sure you dry them well, or your stamp could slip when your stamping and ruin your work. btdt.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 AM   #100  
Hardware Hotshot

Does anyone think SU fixed this problem? I still don't put the sticker on. I really, really can't see fooling around to get it to stick with the sticker so I leave it off.

I'm a hobby demo now and kind of forgot about this issue. Is anyone having better luck?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

subbing ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #102  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Does anyone think SU fixed this problem? I still don't put the sticker on. I really, really can't see fooling around to get it to stick with the sticker so I leave it off.

I'm a hobby demo now and kind of forgot about this issue. Is anyone having better luck?
I have no problems with my stamps sticking to the blocks as long as both the back of the stamp and the acrylic block are both clean.
Reply With Quote Likes