Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2006, 07:13 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoroughly Thankful Thanksgiving cards this year idea -

Every year I kill myself over Christmas cards, geting Christmas pictures of the kids to go with them and getting them out on time.

I saw this stamp set inthe Holiday Mini and a great thought came to mind to send out Thanksgiving blessing cards this year instead.

Some thoughts behind it --

1) I will get some great pictures of the kids in the fall and will have plenty of time to choose and get extra copies (i.e. easier to get these than the Christmas ones -- seems like the holiday photos are such a rush and then I don't get a chance to get them done/printed in time for some odd reason, LOL).

2) One of my girlfriends is like clockwork getting those photo cards done each year in her backyard in front of the same tree each year and it is always fall when she does it. Same time each year is kind of neat to see how the kids have grown.

Also I remember the year I got a card from a girl that had just gotten married and she sent out these instead of Christmas cards -- basically because there were so many mixed religion families she knew -- it was one of my favorite cards I received!

So I heard a lot of lamenting about looking for just the "right" Christmas stamp set this year and thought I would throw this out as a possibility of an option, for those on the fence so to speak. I for one am excited about a new and differentway to surprise my friends and family this year!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 07:16 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a great idea. - My stepmother always send out New Year's cards instead of Christmas cards - she takes a picture of all of her grandchildren at Christmas and then writes out her cards during the week after - usually a lot less hectic than the weeks before!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 07:21 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I think this is a terrific idea! I have a friend who sends Thanksgiving greetings every year! I usually wait until after Christmas to send mine out and make them more New Year's cards, but I like this idea even better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I think this is a great idea. And, who doesn't love the laid back feel of Thanksgiving. The card will probably be enjoyed all the more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingers
Every year I kill myself over Christmas cards, geting Christmas pictures of the kids to go with them and getting them out on time.
!
I like the idea! But my philosophy on Christmas/Holiday cards is that as long as they get out ANYTIME around the holiday season up until January 31st they are still "on time". We send out heaps of cards. Some go out before Christmas, some after. This past year I counted the cards we got after December 25th. The last card we received was on January 27th. The total was 38! Almost 1/2! I just like that our friends and relatives make an attempt to communicate with us once a year and the "date" just doesn't count into it. So, my advise is RELAX, create your card and enjoy the Season--stress should not be part of it all. IMHO

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #6  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 410 Likes on 247 Posts

We have friends who send out Valentine's Day cards (complete with pictures of the family). I think your idea is wonderful. I love Thanksgiving and the autumn colors and all. go for it and have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jor
We have friends who send out Valentine's Day cards (complete with pictures of the family). I think your idea is wonderful. I love Thanksgiving and the autumn colors and all. go for it and have fun!

I love the New Year ideas others have done or sending them at New Years time too -- I tried doing them late one year and I got lots of flak from friends and family, some kidding and some not so much, so I am trying to avoid that whole "late Christmas cards again" option --although I am LOVING the Valentine day idea also!! I have pics usually at Christmas in the kids dressed in Red, so it might be passable if some year I am running behind to pass them off as Valentine's Day pics, LOL!!

Will be sure to keep this in mind for another year to surprise people!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I send out Thanksgiving cards every year. It's my time to thank friends and family for being in my life. Go for it!
Reply With Quote Likes