Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-15-2005, 03:10 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What does a newbie need??

Hello all! Please forgive me if this has been asked. I am very new to stamping and SU! and SCS. I love it! My question is what would you say are the basic necessities for a newbie? What items do I absolutely need? So far I have 3 SU! sets. I got some ink pads and paper at Michaels. What do you all recommend to your brand spankin new customers? TIA!!!!

Last edited by stampinsaranc; 04-16-2005 at 05:22 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:27 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Don't waste your money at Michaels on stamp things. I have found I love SU things so much more and the price is normally the same. The quality is awesome with SU and I wish I had originally just purchased my things from SU. On that note, I love all my stamps I have purchased and have not been disappointed, the inks are awesome and once you see the samples in the gallery you will need more colors. I do purchase things at Michaels still but the inks and stamps just do not compare.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Versamark, a bone folder, and a good paper cutter!

Have fun with your new goodies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:58 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I agree with Versamark! You can do so many things with one pad. You can use it for a watermark effect on colored card stock, use it for embossing, use it with pastels (chalks) and other techniques that are a little more advanced.

I would suggest the SU Pastels because you can use them for shading, with a blender pen and also use them with the Versamark. You get all of SU! 48 colors for under $30 and it gives you a great variety of colors for a small price.

A good adhesive...Mono Adhesive is a good one for card making.

Heat embossing may seem intimidating, but it's easy and looks impressive. For heat embossing you will need embossing ink (Versamark works well), embossing powder and a heat gun. An embossing buddy is a good idea too (helps cut the static on the embossing powder).

I do highly recommend SU! products...their inks and cardstock coordinate and the quality is the best. It would be worth the investment. I have stamp pads and card stock from Michaels when I first started and it does NOT compare to SU at all! Use the Michael's card stock to practice, but once you try SU you won't go back!

Have fun playing with your new toys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:59 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I agree...a good paper cutter and either a bone folder or a scoring tool. I will never go back to local sources for paper and ink...SU 's paper makes a much better card! And the coordinating colors! I can't tell you how many times I'd bring home a color of cardstock only to find it was just not quite right. Ugh!

Tip for Newbies for card making. Take an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and cut it in half, leaving you with 2 pieces 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. If you are using a cutter with a groove, set your paper like you're going to cut it in half again (at the 4 1/4 mark) and slide the scoring tool along the groove, then fold in half for a perfect, crisp fold. This makes a 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 card and you get 2 from each sheet of paper.

enjoy your new hobby!!

Splitcoast member #803
My Gallery
Read my LATEST STORY on OurEcho.com
http://www.ourecho.com/biography-200...rie-Hyle.shtml
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:38 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Do you know what I love the most about SU, that makes me so envious of all of you who can get their hands on SU products. It is the fact that everything coordinates.
We just don't have anything in the UK that completely coordinates. Our cardstock doesn't go with our inks. The eyelets and chalks don't match, so we ending up spending heaps of money and wasting a lot. I spend ages stamping and colouring my stamped image and it is so frustrating for it not to match any cardstock that I have.
I seem to spend most of my time using white card with silver or gold backing paper, regardless of the colours I have used.
I am dreaming of the day that SU comes to the UK. My husband, if he knew, would be dreading it
As a newbie, I would find it so hard to control myself. I would have to have everything, cardstock, inks, markers, chalks, eyelets, ribbons, stamps etc.etc.God, I can feel myself drooling!
Ally
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #7  
Polly Pocket

I agree with all of the other posts about the inks and cardstock. Definitely get some white cardstock. But, I would recommend putting the Craft and Rubber Scissors and the Stampin' Scrub and Mist on your wish list. Good luck and have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Paper Cutter; VersaMark; Bone Folder; Kai Scissors; and Stamp Cleaner and pad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 08:04 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Wow ladies, thanks for all the great ideas and advice. Let me pose the question another way. What is the one thing you can't live without, stamping wise! :-) I have a feeling that I'm going to become a very good customer! :-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 08:09 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

other than the basics (trimmer, card stock, etc), I would have to say ribbon or fibers. It adds to much to a card. I use tons of the Celery Ribbon (and now we will have an ink pad to match!...although it goes well with Mellow Moss).

Oh, but then there are the mini brads, buttons, eyelets....oh my! I think you will need to take out a loan to buy all of the 'essentials'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 10:40 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I can't live without my blender pens and pastels (I realize that's two but I really need them together!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 05:45 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I love the new Aquapainter and with a selection of the pads you can watercolor anything!

Splitcoast member #803
My Gallery
Read my LATEST STORY on OurEcho.com
http://www.ourecho.com/biography-200...rie-Hyle.shtml
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 06:27 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Versamark

Black Pad

Stampin' Scrub/Stampin' Mist

Good Scissors - I really think the SU scissors are way worth the $$

All the colors and all the papaer...OK, I couldn't resist!

Seriously, buy yourself one family of colors - whether it be full size pads or the spots, a black pad, and a pack of assorted card stock. Then when you can, buy another family, the basic brown pad and another assorted card stock.

Ask your demo if she has a stamp club so that you can buy a little at a time....and then have another workshop....or two and get more stuff free!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Ok, here is some good advice, and I think the others will agree. Spend less money on stamps and more on paper, ink and embellishments. I think that if you get 2-5 stamp sets that you really love, you will be better off spending more money on the consumable products that help you create great cards. I have tons of stamps, but my very favorite thing I have spent my money on is all of the full size pads and cardstock. Everytime I go to make a card and I have paper and ink in any color, I am sooooo happy. Seriously, look at the buy sell trade forum, people aren't trading paper and ink. they are trading stamps. Good luck

Cori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 12:15 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsaranc
Hello all! Please forgive me if this has been asked. I am very new to stamping and SU! and SCS. I love it! My question is what would you say are the basic necessities for a newbie? What items do I absolutely need? So far I have 3 SU! sets. I got some ink pads and paper at Michaels. What do you all recommend to your brand spankin new customers? TIA!!!!
I'm new and my first order was -

A set of the Stampin' Spots and matching cardstock (I went with Bold Brights)

A black ink pad

Nice and Easy Notes - covers everything - birthday, thank you, get well, etc..

From Walmart I got a Fiskars paper trimmer (comes with a piece that does the scoring), and adhesive (SU calls it Snail adhesive).
From Michaels I've gotten ribbon, brads, metal framed tags, vellum.

Now I'm onto another set of Stampin' Spots and cardstock (Rich Regals) and a Versamark pad. I also feel I need some color, so chalks might be next.

But for a brand new person I'd say - paper and ink in the same color group, a black ink pad, and a set of stamps that covers every ocassion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

I think most of the important stuff has been covered.

SU inks and papers are the best, there really is no comparison. Get the spots and an asst pack of paper in the same family. I would invest most of my money in inks and papers to start with. Once I found what colors I used most, I then got the large pads and full packs of paper in those colors.

The basic black full sized stamp pad.
The pastels
Versamark
Aquapen or blender pens
The Vintage brads - brads are much easier then eyelets to start out with.
Gold and silver mini brads

As for stamps, invest in versatile sets until you have built up your supply stash of inks, papers, and accessories.

I just love Shapes & Shadows and Stipple Celebrations - can cover any event or occasion that I might need a card for.

And, make sure you get some sayings sets. I have just started getting some, and am now wondering what I ever did without them. They really do finish off that christmas or birthday card perfectly.

But most of all, get what you know you will use - if you dont like bright colors, then dont get the bold brights, because you wont like working with them. The same with the stamp sets. If you dont like it, you wont use it, so it becomes a waste of money.

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to neighbor_nancy

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsaranc
I like to find out what YOU want from stamping before I make recommendations. Are you primarily a stamper or a scrapbooker? What do you already have? What would you like to do a month or two right now?

Many of the other posts have already given excellent suggestions, and I wouldn't disagree one bit. I might try to make recommendations based on the stamp sets you already have, ascertaining from that what your current style might be and whether you are ready for watercolor pencils, aquapainter, blender pens and markers in addition to basic black classic ink, versamark, craft scissors and paper cutter, for example.

Feel free to write me off list if you have further questions - [email protected].

All my best,

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 12:38 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

what is a bone folder. I am new to stamping also
how do you use versamark?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh my gosh..the bone folder!!! I've been stamping for over a year and am a demo and never owned the bone folder until my last order came. I didn't know what I was missing..it may be the best 6.95 I've ever spent! It's basically a blunt ended plastic thing that you can use to score cardstock. I use it with my fiskers cutter in the groove and I absolutely love it! Versamark can be used by itself for the watermark effect or use versamark with the chalks (apply the chalks with q-tips to save money) and the chalk only "sticks" to the versamark image. You can also use Versamark in embossing to hold the embossing powder. It is one of my most versatile products! I think one of the things a newbie NEEDS, however, are the SU rubber scissors. They cut the stamp rubbers beautifully and I also use mine for paper. They are a dream and much more comfy to use than Cutter Bees!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

All you really need is this website to inspire you. (You may need scciors, paper trimer and STAMPS of corse!) And the bone folder......just use a paint chip (not the paper). Go to the resorces for the great ideas!!!! By the way I'm a newbie!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 07:27 PM   #21  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craft & Rubber Scissors! I didn't think I needed them when I first got started - afterall, they're pricey and my regular scissors would work just fine, right? WRONG! I really got into stamping and kept putting off getting the scissors. Then I figured that I could try different cheaper ones and they'd work okey since my regular scissors didn't. After placing an order of about 10 sets of stamps, I finaly broke down and got the scissors because my hand was so sore from trying to cut the rubber with my cheaper scissors. I wish someone had told me right up front to get the scissors even with the $19.95 price tag. It would have saved me so much pain in my hand and I think I ended up spending that much in buying all the other scissors to try and find one that worked as well!

Get the scissors.

Also get the Stampin' Scrub. It's bigger than most of the ones you can get at Michaels or JoAnn's. It's also dual sided, which most in the stores are not. I got a double sided one at my local scrapbook & stamp specialty store. It wasn't until I opened it that I found out that only one of the pads is replaceable - the other side was glued in. The Stampin' Scrub has refill pads available (for both sides). Like the scissors, I wish someone had pointed out how good the Stampin' Scrub is compared to others you can get. I ended up spending more in the stores trying to match the Stampin' Scrub because I was sure I could find something just as good for less.

Get the good quality SU products right from the start and don't waste the same time and money as I did by trying to get by cheaper. It costs more in the end. I now have the SU stuff and never use the other stuff I bought. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

I agree SU is definately best quality, but I have no problem buying stuff from michaels as well. SU does definately have the best quality cardstock. I have bought cardstock from SU, michaels, and walmart though. Never bought stamps from Michaels though so can't give my opinnion there..
walmart you can buy many of the same stuff from there as you can from michaels for much cheaper though!
Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 08:47 PM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ally
Do you know what I love the most about SU, that makes me so envious of all of you who can get their hands on SU products. It is the fact that everything coordinates.
We just don't have anything in the UK that completely coordinates. Our cardstock doesn't go with our inks. The eyelets and chalks don't match, so we ending up spending heaps of money and wasting a lot. I spend ages stamping and colouring my stamped image and it is so frustrating for it not to match any cardstock that I have.
I seem to spend most of my time using white card with silver or gold backing paper, regardless of the colours I have used.
I am dreaming of the day that SU comes to the UK. My husband, if he knew, would be dreading it As a newbie, I would find it so hard to control myself. I would have to have everything, cardstock, inks, markers, chalks, eyelets, ribbons, stamps etc.etc.God, I can feel myself drooling!
Ally
[email protected]
I have to agree with every word.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #24  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

The cardstock multipacks are great...and reasonably priced. I love my VersaMark Pad, and Stamp-a-ma-jig!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 04:54 AM   #25  
Inking Addict

Default What does a newbie need?

As a fellow newbie I have found we need just about everything!!! I was so excited about my first stamp sets & ink. Then I realized I only ordered black ink and NO PAPER!!

So- Stamps, inks ( I have finally purchased 2 in each group to start), paper, heat embosser, embossing powder, stamp cleaner, some type of coloring material whether you choose the markers, chalks or pencils. If you choose chalks or pencils you will need either a blender pen or the water pencil thingie. Paper cutter, punches ** aren't necessary to begin, but they sure are nice!, embellishments ie: brads, wire, ribbon, tags, eyelets etc., Eyelet setter. YIKES!!! All this just to start!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 05:08 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

I agree with so much that has been said here. For the money and quality, personally, I think that there is no beating SU for stamps, paper and ink pads, even if you were to use the 40% coupons at M's for that stuff. I have been disappointed with all paper and ink that isn't SU since I started stamping.

My 1st order which was enough to get me started was something like:
Basic Black ink pad
Bold Brights Stampin Spots
BB cardstock
1 set (Wreath of Roses which was retiring at the time)
All Around Alphabet (Which I never use - I would only recommend an alphabet to a newbie who was a scrapbooker)
Versamark (purchased from M's I believe)
A huge package of white cs from Sam's Club

Very quickly I also ordered all the other cardstock assorted packs and a lot more sets and I have been slowly building my full size ink pad collection. I also ordered the pastels and blender pens. My embellishments are a good mix of SU and others.

Have fun!!!

My stuff (I think I am starting to get the hang of this obsession!):
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=7739
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 06:31 AM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Default Essentials

I couldn't live without:
  • Stampin' Cleaner
  • Stampin' Mist
  • Stampin' Around Wheels and cartridges (Swirl Fun, Star, Whirly-Twirly)
  • Versamark
  • two-hole punch for doing ribbon
  • eyelets/brads
  • ribbon
  • paper trimmer and scoring blade
  • Stampin' Up! demonstrator
  • Stampin' Up! catalogue
  • SCS!

I think that once you've got the stamp sets, paper and ink, these are the next best things. They give you so many options for a relatively reasonable price!

My Blog - I Ink, Therefore I Am
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 06:50 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmstamper
I agree with all of the other posts about the inks and cardstock. Definitely get some white cardstock. But, I would recommend putting the Craft and Rubber Scissors and the Stampin' Scrub and Mist on your wish list. Good luck and have fun!
Double Ditto!!! I was a stamper about 10+ years before I learned about SU. My two bery best investments have been the craft & rubber scissors (definitely make assembling new sets much easier) and the Stampin Scrub Mist (they protect and clean your investment). If I was a newbie stamper, I would have these two items at the very TOP of my list.

I started with the basics...paper, ink and stamps. As I got interested in a technique (eg: embossing, dry embossing, gold leaf, polished stone, clay, quilling, paper making, iris folding, eyelets, spirelli, etc. ) then I purchased supplies necessary to do that particular thing. You just collect as you go along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #29  
Cardstock Collector

Wink

As a fairly new newbie I also got a couple of sets, black ink pad, B&B cs and my most favorite of all-water color pencils and aqua pen. Had to have them right off. Then I got the spots in B&B more sets, the scissors, ... the list goes on. Everytime I look around I see something I "need". I've got the embossing powder in silver and gold as well as heat gun. Dazzling diamonds are a "cheap" fun. Am now considering Pearl Ex...

~~dana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 07:23 AM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Reading through your lists was SO HELPFUL! Thanks to you another "newbie" has a list to "shop smart"! I especially liked the idea of getting the spots first so that you can see which colors you use most. THANKS to ALL who posted your advice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:17 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

eyelet setter. I couldn't live without mine.

stampin scrub and mist

black stazon

go to michaels or hobby lobby and buy one pack of cardstock any color
order one pack of any color cardstock from SU

You will never buy cs from M's or HL again, I promise.

Me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default This site continues to amaze me...

I'm a newbie myself, and I agree with everything that has been said - I've found myself buying too many SU! sets and not enough cardstock so I end up going to the Paper Zone for good quality stuff, but I love, love, love that the cardstock and inks match. At first I balked at the price of SU! stamps, but then when I went to craft stores and found they wanted $5 or $6 for one mini stamp, and I could get a set of six or more, I realized it's worth it to get SU! Even my sister who knows nothing about stamping said the same thing!

I have been using a lot of 40% of coupons though at Michael's and Jo-Ann's -mono-adhesive and refills, along with eyelets, brads, and hole punchers. I'm hostessing a stamp party the month of July, so any suggestions as to what I should be getting with my free merchandise? I definitely need the scissors and a new stamp scrubber (I naively bought the one at Michael's not knowing they wouldn't fit all my background stamps from SU!).

Thanks for everyone who has shared here! I learn so much each and every time I come!

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oops. I forgot one last thing and I can't edit my post! Join a Stampers 10 club if your demo has one. I didn't think it would be necessary, and now I'll be enjoying the profits of at least $150 from being in the club. I save $5 each time I go to a Make It and Take It, along with getting a free catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 03:44 PM   #34  
Cardstock Collector

okay you're new at this right? Here's what I advise a first time buyer:
a few stamp sets, cardstock, pick something that would coordinate with your stamp sets, black ink and maybe two colors that will coordinate with the above, adhesive and Bob's your uncle you are on your way. Then join a stamp club that meets once a month and commit to purchasing the minimum amount once a month and build on what you have. The club will teach you new techniques and your orders can reflect that. Before you know it, you'll be asking how to store all the SU stuff you've acquired. Don't buy volume and all the extras right away or you will overwhelm yourself. A little at a time and a commitment to build.

Happy stampin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 07:44 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Welcome to the land of Stamping. There are so many things you want that your mouth is watering right? I have been stamping for 10 years and still find things I can't live without.

I used to work at the M store and think you can get a few things there on sale. Most of these things are always cheaper than SU especially when on sale. heat tool, craft knife, paper cutter with cutting and scoring blade, glue, adhesive, Versa Mark, Stampin Around Handles, Craft and Rubber Scissors which are called Kai if not in the SU catalog and a few other things that are in the back of the catalog.

Then spend the money you save on things you can only get from SU. Their card stock and inks are the best, don't waste your money on anyone else, you won't like them as much. First start with a set of Assorted Cardstock in a color set you love and get the matching ink spots. As time goes on you will find the colors you can't live without and get more in the regular sizes.

Their stamps are great too!! First get a set of sayings in a font you love. You will be able to use these for anything -- such as Versatile Verses, Sincere Salutations, or Curvy Verses. Pick your favorite flower set -- they are great for any type of card such as wedding, birthday, sympathy, thank you, baby.

Always have a list ready of things you want from SU. Have on there special ocassion stamps such as Christmas, something for males, baby, girlfriend type of stamps. When a special ocassion is coming up give the list to someone as a wish list. Be sure to have the name of your SU demonstrator on it so they will be able to contact her (or him). (Does SU have any male demonstrators?)

Hope this helps and welcome to the addiction.
and accessories I can hide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:09 AM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I buy a LOT of my supplies at Michael's, Hobby Lobby or Joann's because typically there is a 40% off coupon available to each one. While the "original" prices are typically the same at SU's, the 40% off coupon AND the fact that you don't pay shipping really make the better value at Michael's and the other stores. We have a Super WalMart nearby and they have an okay selection of the tools too.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:17 AM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you don't want to take forever to build up your stamp pad collection, go for the spots and find out which colors you are grabbing the most and then buy those big pads later. This will give you LOTS of colors to use right away and a knowledge of your favorites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 02:18 PM   #38  
Cardstock Collector

HIIII!!! I'm new too! You know what I did? I just said screw it, let me get the new demonstrator set because it came with 6 stamp sets, paper, ink, etc. I got my box like 2 days ago and am ECSTATIC!!! Everything I need is in there - pastels, scissors, stamps, paper, catalogs, ink, etc! It's a great deal I think if you don't have anything or very little.

GL fellow newbie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #39  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone mentioned clear embossing powder? I think it's a must. I went off a little crazy in the beginning -- I now have about 30 different kinds and colors, buy really, clear is basic and is all you should need for awhile. Or clear and gold or silver. JMO
Cathy H
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 06:51 PM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Pastels, blender pens and the rubber scissors.

Like someone else, I hesitated about spending $20 on scissors to cut rubber but boy oh boy was it worth every dime and then some! Cut a tough steak with a butter knife and then use a well-sharpened steak knife. That is the kind of difference it made!!

The pastels and blender pens are the cheapest way to add color to your cards. You can also use the pastels with a cotten ball to create a background color on white cardstock or "smoke" out the edges of your layers.

I have only been stamping a few months but have bought alot of "stuff" from SU, Wal-Mart and the craft stores. Those are my 3 favorite things and I cannot live without them.
Reply With Quote Likes