Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #41  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by graceforever12View Post
Usually when it says SOLD OUT it becomes available again. You have to keep checking his website to find out when and hit it at the right time. It will say PRE ORDER and will let you order and he will send it when it's in stock. His dies are wonderful! Great idea he has. Just love them all
Thanks for the info. Now that I know the drill, I will put it on my watch list.:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #42  
Forum Fanatic

I am at a low simmer, ready to boil over!!!! I have spent 45 minutes on the Daves Dies website trying to get signed up in his marketplace so I can buy some dies.
Whatever Storenvy marketplace is, it should be called SignupHell. After rejecting a minimum of 8 usernames, the site decided that my email address had already been taken! ARG! So it played the good soldier and used my 2nd email address, currently it has been in the "twirly mode" thinking about it for more than 15 minutes. I sent a message to Dave to let him know that I had been unable to open an account and therefore unable to enter an order to buy product from him. Has anyone else experienced this on his website?:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #43  
Forum Fanatic

Update on the signin nightmare....I now have TWO accounts opened up at Storenvy. Turns out they accepted the first one I did, even though it kept saying on my screen that username was rejected. Oy!
One and a half hours to sign up to buy 2 dies, I must be stark raving mad to go through that.

Surely it's 5 o'clock somewhere..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #44  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 651 Posts

Oh, sorry to hear about your experience Susy. I have not ordered anything yet. I am glad you emailed Dave to let him know. No, you are not stark raving mad. You just wanted the dies real bad, which I am sure we all can relate to. The internet is a scary place sometimes. I hope my experience will not be like that, but thanks for the heads up.

Shirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2015, 06:13 PM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I encountered the same problem several months ago signing up for an account with Storenvy and being told my email address had already been used. That didn't make any sense so I tried logging in with that email address and the password I had just created and was successful.

I'm not overly impressed with the Storenvy website but I LOVE Dave's dies and have placed numerous orders for them. You'll be glad you set up an account despite all the annoyances, Susy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Joyful Poinsettia?
The Joyful Poinsettia dies go with the retired Joyful Christmas stamp set that appeared in SU's 2013 holiday mini catalog. They do NOT fit the poinsettia image from the Reason for the Season stamp set in the current 2015 holiday catalog in case anyone is wondering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Does anyone know if the "cardinal" die by Dave goes with the Su Beauty of the Season Stamp Set?
Dave's cardinal die coordinates with the cardinal in SU's Joyful Season set in the current 2015 holiday catalog. It appears to me that the cardinal in last year's Beauty of the Season stamp set is a slightly different shape.

My opinion is based solely on a comparison of the cardinals as they appear on the catalog pages since I don't have the cardinal die or either of the stamp sets. Maybe someone who actually has the die and/or the stamp sets can provide a more definitive answer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #48  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love Dave, love the dies, but am SO not impressed with Storenvy.

The only way I can get to Dave's store is by a link I saved a while back. If I use the search feature on Storenvy, it says there's no store by that name, even though I have a couple past orders in my account. I also don't get a real storefront, just a page with pics of his dies. (Which is why I could never find the Watch button. Those are on storefronts.)

I've used three devices and get the same thing. No storefront, no search results, and can only find him via a link that goes right to his page of pics. Fortunately, I can click on a pic and put the item in my cart. Storenvy initially had an issue with PayPal a couple days ago, but I was able to get it to go through.

I hope others can find him via the Storenvy search feature. It'd be a bummer if he's missing out on sales because people can't find him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
Love Dave, love the dies, but am SO not impressed with Storenvy.

The only way I can get to Dave's store is by a link I saved a while back. If I use the search feature on Storenvy, it says there's no store by that name, even though I have a couple past orders in my account. I also don't get a real storefront, just a page with pics of his dies. (Which is why I could never find the Watch button. Those are on storefronts.)

I've used three devices and get the same thing. No storefront, no search results, and can only find him via a link that goes right to his page of pics. Fortunately, I can click on a pic and put the item in my cart. Storenvy initially had an issue with PayPal a couple days ago, but I was able to get it to go through.

I hope others can find him via the Storenvy search feature. It'd be a bummer if he's missing out on sales because people can't find him.
I had the same issue of not being able to find Daves store anywhere on Storenvy. I have been on loopy sites before, this one takes it to a whole new level of loopiness! I came back to this thread and used the link that took me to his page of dies (I also found no storefront for him, just the 2 pages with the dies).
I have an iPad, so I just did a add-to-homepage which created a nice little icon that I can spot easily and tap when I want to check on what he has available. I figured it was simpler to do this than go through Storenvy every time I wanted to view his site.
I must say I'm rather relieved to hear that others have experienced what I did. Misery loves company, you know! ;)

P.S. Your tag left me snort-laughing, so glad I wasnt drinking milk when I read it...:lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2015, 07:56 AM   #50  
Proud Fan Club Member

I like Dave as well, although I have not ordered anything yet. But I emailed him to ask him to consider making dies for the retired French Foliage set and he thanked me for the suggestion. Hope I am not the only one who would like dies for this set?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #51  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does the Flower Burst match?

...just learning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #52  
Inking Addict

What is the match for Vase of Roses?

...just learning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #53  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTXDaleneView Post
What is the match for Vase of Roses?
Annual Catalog hostess set - Floral Wings. See pg 180 of the big catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTXDaleneView Post
What does the Flower Burst match?
You could use them with:

Floral Frames dies pg 173
Flower Fair Framelits with the Flower Patch Stamp set (172 and 76)
Or as layers with punches, like Fun Flower, Flower Medallion, or Pansy (pg 167)
Or like Dave did with just layering them like fireworks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #55  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
Annual Catalog hostess set - Floral Wings. See pg 180 of the big catalog.
Thanks Makalah...that one was making me crazy to figure out it's match. I never looked at the hostess sets.

...just learning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #56  
Cardstock Collector

I clicked on Store Envy's Dies by Dave today but it says Dies by Dave is under construction and will return soon. I sure hope he comes back. There is an email address to contact him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2015, 06:11 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 92 Likes on 76 Posts

It's right on his page

Dies By Dave

Store under construction

Our store will be back shortly. Check back soon!
Contact us: [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2015, 06:41 AM   #58  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

I was just looking at his page and many of the dies lited in this thread are no longer there. I've sent him an e-mail asking him about this. Im ready to buy the set that works with Lovely as a Tree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #59  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketdivaView Post
I was just looking at his page and many of the dies lited in this thread are no longer there. I've sent him an e-mail asking him about this. Im ready to buy the set that works with Lovely as a Tree.
I'm guessing that when a die set is sold out and ready for shipment, the item is pulled from his website listing. I ordered the set you are talking about over a month ago (along with the Pines set), and I just got notice yesterday that my order had shipped.
I desperately want the die set that Dave made to go with the new Warm Wishes set that has the sled in it. The second I discovered that Dave had made a set, I checked his website and it was there, but showing sold out. When I contacted him to see if the set would be available again, he said that he had to get the other dies sets done before that would happen. From this response, I am led to believe that these dies are one-time-offered. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so....maybe other's can weigh in on this and provide better information for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #60  
Kookie Creator

I got a reply from him ( I was asking about the tree set):

"Yes! I will have more, but quite a backlog of orders I really need to get through before I can add more. I will email you when I have added more to the store. Thank you for your interest in my dies. Best, Dave"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #61  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I can't find anything on the site for Trees (Lovely as Tree). Does that mean he isn't making it anymore?

ETA: well I guess I should have read the entire thread before I posted my question, as my question was clearly asked and answered already.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #62  
Glitter Queen

Hopefully Stampin' Up! decides to start making more dies to match their stamp sets. Sounds like there is a need and want! Most new releases we see now from the other big companies have matching dies to go with all of the sets being released
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 06:36 AM   #63  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Does anyone know if the "cardinal" die by Dave goes with the Su Beauty of the Season Stamp Set?
I don't think so....I know it matches Joyful Season in the Holiday catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #64  
Kookie Creator

I checked the site listed in the posts here and am getting "'store under construction". I was able to get into a couple of weeks ago. I REALLY need the die set that coordinates with Lovely as a Tree !! Its suppose to be available Thanksgiving
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 07:39 AM   #65  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I checked the site listed in the posts here and am getting "'store under construction". I was able to get into a couple of weeks ago. I REALLY need the die set that coordinates with Lovely as a Tree !! Its suppose to be available Thanksgiving
Here's what I discovered this am....when I saw the site was still under construction, I used the contact link and asked Dave when site would be up and running. Turns out he set up a new webstore with more security.

In the email he sent me, he included a link to follow to get to the new store and a password to get into the site. From there I had to do a reset on the account, etc before I could buy.

Because he provides the link you need and password to get in, I can't share the stuff he sent to me. So quick, send an email to him and wait for a reply. Good luck with this and happy shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #66  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Here's what I discovered this am....when I saw the site was still under construction, I used the contact link and asked Dave when site would be up and running. Turns out he set up a new webstore with more security.

In the email he sent me, he included a link to follow to get to the new store and a password to get into the site. From there I had to do a reset on the account, etc before I could buy.

Because he provides the link you need and password to get in, I can't share the stuff he sent to me. So quick, send an email to him and wait for a reply. Good luck with this and happy shopping!
I just e-mailed him. I don't understand the need for a password just to shop but whatever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 10:08 AM   #67  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I just e-mailed him. I don't understand the need for a password just to shop but whatever.
I didn't either until I got his message. The URl link he provides takes you to his new store site (he is no longer on Storenvy). He give you a temporary password to get into his new website.
Once you follow the URL, you are in the new site. When you put in the password he provides, you can set up an account if you don't already have one and do a new password that you choose. You can also shop immediately!!!! Everything he's showing is available to order (allow 2 weeks to get it). He's added a lot of new sets. :cool:

Hope this helps explain it. Also hope he responds quickly and you can get in and order the Trees set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 10:31 AM   #68  
Proud Fan Club Member

I just got onto his new site. Does anyone know about the pine dies? What set was it for?

Thanks
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #69  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
I just got onto his new site. Does anyone know about the pine dies? What set was it for?

Thanks
Shirl
Replying to my own self, lol......I think it is for the Ornamental Pine set.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #70  
Kookie Creator

Could someone give the link? I can't seem to find it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #71  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreadbearView Post
Could someone give the link? I can't seem to find it.
[email protected] is his email to get the password.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #72  
Kookie Creator

Many thanks, Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 182 Likes on 84 Posts

I bet he's going to miss out on a lot of sales today. I know there were lots of ladies waiting for today to order stuff he said would be available to order today. Hopefully they'll see this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #74  
Kookie Creator

Git an email and link so all is goid
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #75  
Compulsive Stamper

So thankful for this info posted earlier today! I saw that many of Dave's sets were to be available for order today, but the site wasn't available. Was getting a little frustrated when I came across the post by Boss/Susy. Thanks to you, I was able to quickly get my order in before we had to leave for Thanksgiving dinner!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 04:29 PM   #76  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiecatView Post
So thankful for this info posted earlier today! I saw that many of Dave's sets were to be available for order today, but the site wasn't available. Was getting a little frustrated when I came across the post by Boss/Susy. Thanks to you, I was able to quickly get my order in before we had to leave for Thanksgiving dinner!
Yeah, I was hoping it would go smoothly for you! You are going to love the trees dies, they are amazing. You will discover that they cut much closer to the stamped image than other stamp/die sets. Can't wait to hear your impression after you get them and have a chance to play with them.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 06:10 PM   #77  
Proud Fan Club Member

I ordered the tree dies, the traveller set and the pine set. I had to put the guilt aside of buying yet more stuff, lol. (I just ordered the other day from SU.) Thought I should jump on this as it seemed to be frustrating trying to order from him before, based on what others had posted.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #78  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
I ordered the tree dies, the traveller set and the pine set. I had to put the guilt aside of buying yet more stuff, lol. (I just ordered the other day from SU.) Thought I should jump on this as it seemed to be frustrating trying to order from him before, based on what others had posted.

Shirl
I understand the feeling of a guilt-purchase. There are so many temptations with new products, etc.
You were smart to not wait on the Pines set, I see that it is already sold out.:shock: I got this awhile back, and like the trees dies, it cuts beautifully and is true to the stamped images. Hope you get it in time to make some fun holiday cards this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #79  
Kookie Creator

I e-mailed and got a password, but all I have is the storenvy link and of course, it's not working!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #80  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreadbearView Post
I e-mailed and got a password, but all I have is the storenvy link and of course, it's not working!
If you received the email from Dave with the password, the URL link is in green the sentence before the info about the password. Just touch this URL link and it will take you to the new page. This is where you use the password you were sent to get into the new store.
Hope this makes sense....
Reply With Quote Likes