Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2010, 03:08 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What supplies?

Just getting back into card making what supplies to I need to pick up? I have a big shot and a lot of digital stamps, I have just picked up a few nesties but other than that what all are you guys using? I see a lot of sparkly stuff and different borders. I have been out of the loop for a while so I'm not sure what the new in things are.

Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 06:11 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I recently learned to make "glitter paper" ornaments by using one of the ornament stamps with Versamark ink, then applied SU heat and stick powder, heat set it then apply glitter - heat set again and voila! Glittery ornaments for cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,088 Likes on 833 Posts

I use Stickles a lot still. You don't mention what colouring media you have?
A lot of the fancy borders are probably either Martha Stewart punches or the new border dies that many companies as well as Spellbinders are producing these days. I'd say start making and then see what you think you need, it's easy to get overwhelmed by too much stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 04:06 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Have you gotten any embossing folders? You can find them by Cuttlebug, Sizzix, and Quickutz. They're an inexpensive way to add great texture to your cardstock, and they'll work with your Big Shot. Let's see, what else... Adhesive rhinestones and pearls (all sizes/colors). Baker's twine (asstd. colors). The "Labels" series of Nesties; there are even several companies that have released coordinating stamps for them. Ranger Distress Inks for inking edges and sponging backgrounds. 6x6 paper pads (i.e. Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, 7 Gypsies). Glimmer Mists by Tattered Angels. Copic markers for coloring in images (pricey and take practice to master). Sewing around panel edges with a sewing machine is big. Vintage looking buttons (think more elaborate shapes rather than just plain flat buttons).
Those are the big trends off the top of my head - HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

A dimensional glue like Diamond Glaze, Glossy Accents, Crystal Lacquer, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think if you have the basic supplies, you may need some good white cardstock to print your digis on. What colouring tools do you have? Pencil Crayons? Copics? Tombow? It will depend on how you're going to colour the image as to which paper to get. Also, if you don't have anything to colour with, I'd start off with a set of pencil crayons. I started off with Crayola and still use them although I have added Prisma and Koh-i-noor to my repertoire as well.

You may want to look through the galleries too to see what you're drawn to and see what materials are used. This will give you an idea of what you will need first. I say first, because there's always something else we need.
Reply With Quote Likes