Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:54 AM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 95 Likes on 51 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
Hmmm, I've often wondered at what some people describe as CAS too - but then I reckon that maybe for them it is, relative to what they normally do. Seems to me that that would apply to NikiE's card, although I wouldn't label it as that. Nothing to do with the amount of time it took - CAS does NOT equal QAS (quick and simple). But I would expect more white or neutral space. Whereas Jeanne's cupcakes definitely are CAS in my book. It's possibly too subjective as a definition, but hey, that's OK. If it were cut and dried we'd all be in hoops wondering if a card had one layer too many to qualify or too much of this or that. I feel it's up to each person to keyword the card with what they feel is appropriate, and if someone else disagrees, no need to make an issue out of it. We're all different and vive la difference. Now at least with techniques rather than styles you know exactly where you are and how to label them .

I'd just posted that and then saw Miss Boo posted while I was writing, so checked out her link.
Me personally, I'd agree with 1 and 2 on that list, but I'd still use DP - in moderation. And on the tools thing - my feeling is some of them may be new and trendy but they are also great time savers. Embossing makes a great CAS card, so does it matter if you spend half an hour doing it with a lightbox and making mistakes when your stylus slips, and having to start again, or whether you did it in one pass with the Wizard? Just my opinion - based on the fact that one year I made Christmas cards with a sleigh embossed on silver card mounted on a base. They took hours to do - and it would have been so much easier with any of the current embossing option. And I used to hand-cut ovals, but not very often because of the time required for them to look good. Nestabilities are so much quicker...I'm all for progress when it comes to tools. I'd hate to be still making a sponge cake by whisking it for half an hour or mover over warm water for it to reach the ribbon stage, LOL. Though I do like to opt out and usually make my pastry by hand.
Maybe I should have put OR in between the variety of different definitions people have. ;)
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #82  
PAPER SCAPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do both card styles mentioned in the OP � however, if it can�t be mailed with a single stamp you probably won�t see me using that type of layering or embellishing.

I have to agree with Cook22 about some tools being regarded as clean and simple�after all that is what they were designed for. I have muscle problems and to keep the paper from moving with a regular paper cutter causes painful pressure on those muscles being used. With the Nestablitlies it�s done in a fraction of the time and it�s even on all four sides�so how could it not be considered clean and simple.

Jeanne�s card with more coloring is no more time consuming than AJ�s card where the trees are cut out. Both beautiful cards!
I can sculpture a punched shape in about twenty seconds and it takes my friend so long it was painful to watch her struggle with it. Not clean and simple for her!

So for me, lots of unused open space and if it�s done in a short amount of time, it�s clean and simple.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

I would agree with you on all those samples, AJ - all what I consider CAS. NikeE's card however I would not consider CAS. I think for me the C in CAS sort of implies bright....I think that's the clean part, not that a dark card can't be CAS, but when it's not bright, and has DP used liberally and stitching to boot - that is not CAS. However, I think CAS is totally subjective because if you are someone who makes cards with lots of layers and embellies, to tone that down could make a CAS card to you but could still be non-CAS to someone else because even though it's less to you, it's still more to them....if that makes any sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #84  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess (Retired)

Received 95 Likes on 51 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mearsfansinboiseView Post
I would agree with you on all those samples, AJ - all what I consider CAS. NikeE's card however I would not consider CAS. I think for me the C in CAS sort of implies bright....I think that's the clean part, not that a dark card can't be CAS, but when it's not bright, and has DP used liberally and stitching to boot - that is not CAS. However, I think CAS is totally subjective because if you are someone who makes cards with lots of layers and embellies, to tone that down could make a CAS card to you but could still be non-CAS to someone else because even though it's less to you, it's still more to them....if that makes any sense.
Makes sense to me
Limited Supplies, Featured Stamper, Clean & Simple
FS143 / QFTD93 
Past Design Teams: DRS Designs, Rubbernecker  
Past Guest Designer: Gina K Designs 
CAS. Embellished. It's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never really thought about what I prefer. I love really well designed cards. Striking cards with good contrast. CAS when done well usually fits that. But a lot of less CAS cards do too.

And I really like the C in CAS, CLEAN. I like organized card layouts. If they have lots of layers and such or not I like them to be neat and clean.

I try never to add something just because. I try to think about if my project needs it. Will it make it better or not. If it won't make it better I won't put it no matter how cute it is.

Anyhow, this thread has been great, the links have been fab, I've added several of your blogs to my reader.

OH and Nikki's card, I don't know if it can have the CAS label, but I don't care about labels and I LOVE that card. It exactly represents what I love in cardmaking, a clean design, neat and tidy, with impact. FAB.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a 'more is more' person when it comes to cards. I struggle with trying to create CAS cards, and think it takes more talent than I have to achieve.

I also think cards of all types are beautiful, and that's one reason SCS is so great. There are so many different styles of art to view here. How boring would it be if we all did the same style?! I celebrate and appreciate our individuality!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #87  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiEView Post
Sort of off topic:

Someone brought up the point that some people post cards with the CAS keyword that others don't consider CAS. I think it can sometimes be hard to define. One person's CAS is not anothers. Sometimes I wonder if some of the cards that I label CAS really fit. They are pretty clean and simple in my opinion, but how many layers is too many to still be considered CAS? Okay, here's an example card:
thinking of you today by NikiE at Splitcoaststampers
I labeled this CAS because it has a stamped cardbase, a strip of stamped paper (with mat), and a sentiment that is matted. I wondered when I labeled it if it was truely CAS enough to be labeled such. Would you consider it CAS?
Love this one...and I would call this CAS...beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #88  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniB04View Post
Love this one...and I would call this CAS...beautiful!
...ok...here's one more thing....

....this is why, to me, this is a CAS card(edited to add..yikes...linked the wrong post). I get a lot of inspiration from decorator magazines and books. IMO CAS is akin to Modern design. Here's a photo from an online source...Why is it....-tikoli_towels.jpg

The patterns are by no means subtle but the geometric feel lends it to a modern design and if...well, when, I create a card or layout based on this it will be CAS. But obviously not full of white space or free from pattern. kwim? I think that CAS is so subjective.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #89  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiEView Post
Sort of off topic:

Someone brought up the point that some people post cards with the CAS keyword that others don't consider CAS. I think it can sometimes be hard to define. One person's CAS is not anothers. Sometimes I wonder if some of the cards that I label CAS really fit. They are pretty clean and simple in my opinion, but how many layers is too many to still be considered CAS? Okay, here's an example card:
thinking of you today by NikiE at Splitcoaststampers
I labeled this CAS because it has a stamped cardbase, a strip of stamped paper (with mat), and a sentiment that is matted. I wondered when I labeled it if it was truely CAS enough to be labeled such. Would you consider it CAS?
Your card is GAAAAAW-JUS, I must say!

That said, would I personally classify it as CAS? No.

CAS is, to a degree, subjective to the beholder and their interpretation.

For me (I can't speak for anyone else) while I consider the card you linked to indeed utterly lovely, it does not fit my own personal interpretation of CAS, because for me, CAS is a striking yet simultaneously minimalist approach.

That also said, if you feel your design is CAS, who am I to argue otherwise, or to judge whether or not it meets anyone else's standard for CAS? If it doesn't meet mine, I honestly don't think all that much about it, except to note that while beautiful, it's not what I personally am looking for in a CAS.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #90  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm a less is more girl! When I post a card to the gallery, I always get the, "Lovely and simple!" comments! lol! Same with my scrapbooking. In fact, more so in my scrapbooking. (less is more)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #91  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post

For me (I can't speak for anyone else) while I consider the card you linked to indeed utterly lovely, it does not fit my own personal interpretation of CAS, because for me, CAS is a striking yet simultaneously minimalist approach.

That also said, if you feel your design is CAS, who am I to argue otherwise, or to judge whether or not it meets anyone else's standard for CAS? If it doesn't meet mine, I honestly don't think all that much about it, except to note that while beautiful, it's not what I personally am looking for in a CAS.

talk about 'GAAAAAW-JUS'...LOVE this one.... Truly Fabulous by JulieHRR at Splitcoaststampers Beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

...ok...here's one more thing....

....this is why, to me, this is a CAS card(edited to add..yikes...linked the wrong post). I get a lot of inspiration from decorator magazines and books. IMO CAS is akin to Modern design. Here's a photo from an online source...Attachment 143152

The patterns are by no means subtle but the geometric feel lends it to a modern design and if...well, when, I create a card or layout based on this it will be CAS. But obviously not full of white space or free from pattern. kwim? I think that CAS is so subjective.
CAS reminds me of that rule about jewelry - put all the jewelry you would like to wear with your outfit on and before you leave take off at least one piece. However I think CAS is more like pick the piece of jewelry that would best show you off and ONLY use that piece not your whole box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #93  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

talk about 'GAAAAAW-JUS'...LOVE this one.... Truly Fabulous by JulieHRR at Splitcoaststampers Beautiful!
Shucks, thank you, Jenni! *blushing*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post
How about something like this one?

Mmmm..... Cupcakes!!! by Jeanne S at Splitcoaststampers

I always thought CAS was more about the layout than the actual image, but I've gotten some feedback on similar cards to this because the image required too much coloring. I have trouble keywording some of my cards because I like to color images. Most images take me less than 15 minutes to color so it's hard for me to judge.
Catching up because I sort of gave up yesterday with all the site wonkiness going on!!

This is stunning, Jeanne, and I would definitely call it a CAS card. I don't think we can determine how long it will take others to copy a card and the time involved has nothing to do with it. Skill levels are so vastly different, it would be impossible.

Here is a card that I wasn't sure should have the CAS label (and not because I let it dry overnight LOL!!). It has layers and I used the Cuttlebug, but I don't know how the design could have been more simple than this. Well.... okay....no layers. But still - it seems clean and simple to me. And although coloring each image probably took me minutes, some of you are a lot more careful than I am with coloring!! And the design is certainly CAS - you can eliminate the lacquer.

Off to finish catching up with the CAS threads ;)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Catching up because I sort of gave up yesterday with all the site wonkiness going on!!

This is stunning, Jeanne, and I would definitely call it a CAS card. I don't think we can determine how long it will take others to copy a card and the time involved has nothing to do with it. Skill levels are so vastly different, it would be impossible.

Here is a card that I wasn't sure should have the CAS label (and not because I let it dry overnight LOL!!). It has layers and I used the Cuttlebug, but I don't know how the design could have been more simple than this. Well.... okay....no layers. But still - it seems clean and simple to me. And although coloring each image probably took me minutes, some of you are a lot more careful than I am with coloring!! And the design is certainly CAS - you can eliminate the lacquer.

Off to finish catching up with the CAS threads ;)!
Those cards are gorgeous!

To me clean and simple isn't about time though... that would be "quick and easy" :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #96  
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05

I find safety in my layers. I know that if I stamp on to a small scrap and get it wrong then I can replace it. There is something intimidating to me about stamping directly onto a card base because I inveitably get it wonky or smudged or have edge marks.. . . then I have to cover it up with a layer or embellie and there goes CAS... straight out the window!

I think it a bit like actors at the Academy Awards. Most actors will tell you that good comedy is much harder to do than drama, but the public perception is for drama and thats why they are always nominated for the awards.

I think there is a perception that layered cards are harder because they have more elements, but I think that CAS ones are because there is no room for mistakes and
hiding errors.

My point is that I love CAS and have been trying to do it more thanks to Miss Boo but I will probably always favor the more layered look in my gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Those cards are gorgeous!

To me clean and simple isn't about time though... that would be "quick and easy" :lol:
Yes... quick and easy.... but if we did those, you all would call 'em "queasy." LOL!LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #98  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaloso05View Post
I find safety in my layers. I know that if I stamp on to a small scrap and get it wrong then I can replace it. There is something intimidating to me about stamping directly onto a card base because I inveitably get it wonky or smudged or have edge marks.. . . then I have to cover it up with a layer or embellie and there goes CAS... straight out the window!

I think it a bit like actors at the Academy Awards. Most actors will tell you that good comedy is much harder to do than drama, but the public perception is for drama and thats why they are always nominated for the awards.

I think there is a perception that layered cards are harder because they have more elements, but I think that CAS ones are because there is no room for mistakes and
hiding errors.

My point is that I love CAS and have been trying to do it more thanks to Miss Boo but I will probably always favor the more layered look in my gallery.
CAS doesn't mean one layer either-
and I totally agree with the Academy Awards analogy!! :-D

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaloso05View Post

hiding errors.

You make some really excellent points here! You are SO right about that one little smudge just bringing you right back to square one with a CAS card ~ it has happened to me more times than I care to remember, especially doing notecard sets (I have lots of little scraps from that!). I should probably just take those blemished ones and un-CAS them!!

I don't know what got me going with CAS anyway - I think it has been seeing so many examples. And now there is the challenge of figuring out for myself how to make it all "click." I want it to come naturally, and by golly, it will if it takes me years to figure out how, LOL!!

(and if I could think of a second-rate drama actor trying to do comedy, I'd use it here ;) )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #100  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Yes... quick and easy.... but if we did those, you all would call 'em "queasy." LOL!LOL!!

ROTFLMAO!

That's GOOD, Nancy! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #101  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

. . . I don't know what got me going with CAS anyway - I think it has been seeing so many examples. And now there is the challenge of figuring out for myself how to make it all "click." I want it to come naturally, and by golly, it will if it takes me years to figure out how, LOL!!
I actually started on a quest to figure out exactly what my own personal style was--or what I wanted it to be. ;) I wasn't always into CAS initially, as I am today--just a peek at my SCS gallery from earlier years indicates that I've gone a very different direction from those uploads back then.

I can't say I've actually figured it all out, but, I'm havin' a great time with the process. ;)

LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,087 Likes on 832 Posts

And isn't that what it's all about - having fun and learning along the way, and hopefully growing into our own skin instead of someone else's .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #103  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellpoleView Post
Now, this is strictly my opinion....but no, I wouldn't classify this gorgeous card as CAS simply because of the number of layers and the stitching. It is, however, really lovely and has great balance.

But as we mostly agree, it is very subjective.

I think simple to me is something I could get a new stamper to do with confidence.

Cheers,
Michelle
Thanks, Michelle! This is a fun thread! I'm learning lots as to what others classify as CAS. I think my personal definition (after reading this thread) is leading to more white space than the card I posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #104  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I wouldn't class your card as Clean and Simple either even though I love it! I think clean and simple to me also has very "clean" almost masculine lines and we have all seen those threads about making cards for the guys! In fact, come to think of it clean and simple to me is a card that right away (if it is girlie) I think oh with these changes that would make a great guy card.

Those get my vote for clean and simple.

Bright white background with normally two main colours and not an over abundance of techniques - something you look at and think "I can do that" and then when you try it never quite looks right!:p
That's a great way to define it (that the design of CAS card should be able to be easily translated into a masculine card). (Thanks, too)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #105  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss BooView Post
Makes sense to me
Me, too. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #106  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I never really thought about what I prefer. I love really well designed cards. Striking cards with good contrast. CAS when done well usually fits that. But a lot of less CAS cards do too.

And I really like the C in CAS, CLEAN. I like organized card layouts. If they have lots of layers and such or not I like them to be neat and clean.

I try never to add something just because. I try to think about if my project needs it. Will it make it better or not. If it won't make it better I won't put it no matter how cute it is.

Anyhow, this thread has been great, the links have been fab, I've added several of your blogs to my reader.

OH and Nikki's card, I don't know if it can have the CAS label, but I don't care about labels and I LOVE that card. It exactly represents what I love in cardmaking, a clean design, neat and tidy, with impact. FAB.
Thanks, Erin!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:37 AM   #107  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post

Ah, thanks, Julie! :mrgreen: I like the addition of minimalist to the CAS definition.

(Sorry for so many posts in a row, too! I look like a broken record, but too many great things in this thread! ;))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #108  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

LOL Glad we don't call them queasy cards!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #109  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree with what TrishG said. When I first started making cards, I went with layers and detail, but didn't always get it right. I also made a few that were just too plain. I think it's just as difficult and challenging to come up with a multi-layered or embellished card that doesn't look like it has too much going on, as it is to make a CAS that is interesting enough so that it doesn't look plain and boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrishGView Post
I like both!

When I started out my cards were PAB (Plain and boring) and very simple. After years of practice and trying different things and looking here on SCS at other people's cards, and joining challenges, I have more recently learned that sometimes an extra mat or layer can make it look awesome.
I don't like overwhelming a card with bling and fluff and whatever, I can't do that style, but some people can make it look pretty good.

I think with Clean and Simple cards, you have to have the right touch to make it a really striking card, otherwise it ends of being plain and boring, like anyone could do that.

I tend to have more layers on my cards now, but I also try to create clean and simple cards because I find it a challenge to create a card with not much on it, and still have it look really WOW!

I think a huge thing with ANY type of card is the colors! Also, some definition on the edges like sponging, corner punches, distressing, piercing, etc. can make any type of card have a more WOW look.
~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #110  
Kookie Creator

I like both looks, but at the moment I'm favouring the layered look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #111  
Watercolor Wizard

Personally, I struggle when I try to do a zillion layers and tons of embellishments. It just never turns out the way I want it to. I'm a CAS girl at heart.

I design for Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #112  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post
How about something like this one?

Mmmm..... Cupcakes!!! by Jeanne S at Splitcoaststampers

I always thought CAS was more about the layout than the actual image, but I've gotten some feedback on similar cards to this because the image required too much coloring. I have trouble keywording some of my cards because I like to color images. Most images take me less than 15 minutes to color so it's hard for me to judge.
REALLY beautiful card Jeanne! I would consider it CAS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #113  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedInLoveView Post
I agree with what TrishG said. When I first started making cards, I went with layers and detail, but didn't always get it right. I also made a few that were just too plain. >>>> I think it's just as difficult and challenging to come up with a multi-layered or embellished card that doesn't look like it has too much going on, as it is to make a CAS that is interesting enough so that it doesn't look plain and boring.
Absolutely! I think it all can be challenging. And we all have our strengths where we can achieve something that others struggle with and vice versa. I think everyone involved in the craft should give themselves a pat on the back ;) .

I was thinking the other day about why hobbies like this are so addictive, and this one possibly more addictive than some (IMHO).

Way back in the old days when I was in college. . . . I had a psych class where we learned about something called Variable Interval Positive Reinforcement (or something like that). Basically, people are strongly motivated to pursue something when there is an unpredictable positive reinforcement. We are never sure when it will happen, cannot predict the frequency, but success does happen and it's enough to make us want to repeat the process. Now, of course, we all know people here who never miss the mark ;) . I'm thinking constant positive reinforcement is pretty good, too, or else the poor things would be getting bored and stop!! Oh ~ and it all works better when you're just having fun, too.

(all you psych grads out there ~ show some mercy as my memory is not what it used to be LOL!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #114  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Absolutely! I think it all can be challenging. And we all have our strengths where we can achieve something that others struggle with and vice versa. I think everyone involved in the craft should give themselves a pat on the back ;) .

I was thinking the other day about why hobbies like this are so addictive, and this one possibly more addictive than some (IMHO).

Way back in the old days when I was in college. . . . I had a psych class where we learned about something called Variable Interval Positive Reinforcement (or something like that). Basically, people are strongly motivated to pursue something when there is an unpredictable positive reinforcement. We are never sure when it will happen, cannot predict the frequency, but success does happen and it's enough to make us want to repeat the process. Now, of course, we all know people here who never miss the mark ;) . I'm thinking constant positive reinforcement is pretty good, too, or else the poor things would be getting bored and stop!! Oh ~ and it all works better when you're just having fun, too.

(all you psych grads out there ~ show some mercy as my memory is not what it used to be LOL!)
;) to funny! I'm not sure about any of that...I was a speech path major...but I know I am addicted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #115  
Hardware Hotshot

Interesting thread! I'm love CAS or modified CAS. I recently realized I'm really not a big fan of DP on cards....I found that a startling revelation! Sometimes I go for true CAS and sometimes a couple layers and a bow or ribbon or brads....I like clean lines. I think CAS cards are stunning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #116  
Pearl-ExPert

Totally, hopelessly and very happily long term addicted stamper here

Michelle

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #117  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsane!View Post
Interesting thread! I'm love CAS or modified CAS. I recently realized I'm really not a big fan of DP on cards....I found that a startling revelation! Sometimes I go for true CAS and sometimes a couple layers and a bow or ribbon or brads....I like clean lines. I think CAS cards are stunning!
I agree- when executed well- they are quite stunning!:mrgreen:

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #118  
Pearl-ExPert

I prefer clean and simple but I've seen a bunch of cute cards that are larger 5 1/2x5 1/2 with layers inside and out. I'm working on one right now and it's starting to get heavy! I can't imagine what the postage would cost. It takes me a day just to pick out papers and embellishments..I have a hard time picking stuff that go with each other. I envy those artists who make it look so easy!
Reply With Quote Likes