Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #401  
The Queen of Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather BoulicaultView Post
Wow - I can't believe the stampede is tomm!!! I am finishing cuting tonight - I love waiting to the last minute (he he). I will be there early tom. to help with anything you guys need - just have to drop off the kiddos at my moms and I am on my way with my $20.oo in hand. Of coarse I planned extra cards anyway so my fabulous Michigan friend Tracy will be able to make my card. Can't wait to see everyone tomm. Randi and Autumn if you girls need anything on my way call my cell This year I will be there on time and I won't get lost!!! So excited I am not going to be able to sleep!!!!
Sleep??? Who needs sleep. LOL Sooooo glad you are coming. Looking forward to seeing you again this year.:mrgreen: I erased your Cell number when I quoted so everyone and their brother wouldn't have it. You may want to take it out of your post too. LOL Bring some extra stuff to work on incase we fly through the cards.:mrgreen:

Last edited by stampcrazed2; 05-16-2008 at 06:17 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #402  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltsinmiView Post
Heather, I can't wait till tomorrow either! I'm so glad there was room for me. Needless to say, I'm trying to get everything all done. I designed my card and went and bought what I didn't have. Now I'm cutting and such. It will be such fun. I have my mapquest directions so I should be able to find it without a problem. See you all there tomorrow!!
I PM'd you my Cell so call me if you need to.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 03:58 AM   #403  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default having contractions

This figures!!! I woke up at 6 am alot ealrier than I would on a Saturday with contractions, so I will be headed to the hospital here in awhile. Sorry ladies!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 04:01 AM   #404  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wishing you a fantastic day, Mindy!

Tracy, I did not get your USPS with any information. I will let you know when it arrives.

I will be at the Church around 9 for all of you who are coming early. See you there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 05:33 AM   #405  
The Queen of Blue

Mindy, no worries, go have that baby. Good luck and we will be thinking of you. Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #406  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks everyone for the fabulous cards and the fun!
Carla~ thanks for the fun games!
Randi and Autumn~ a super BIG thank you for organizing such a great day!
:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #407  
Matboard Maniac

I had a FANTASTIC time today! THANKS!

Also, Carla.....SOOOOO SORRY I forgot to everyone thank you also for the games! I totally LOVED them and you deserve a great big round of applause also!!!!!!

Mom to 3 wonderful boys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #408  
Polyshrink Goddess

I want to say a huge Thank You to all of you for making the day so fantastic. Everyone was so sweet and fun to be with. I enjoyed just relaxing and taking my time and visiting with all of you.
Kristy - Thanks for all of your WW advice. I can't wait to get together and swap recipes. I am looking forward to the Sweet and Sour Chicken.
Also, thank you to everyone that helped with Kade. You all were such a huge help in chatting with him and keeping him happy. It made for such a peaceful day for me.
We will keep you all on the list for next time and give you a heads up when it is coming. We will try to stay away from May because of graduations and stuff next time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #409  
Matboard Maniac

Hey guys, thanks for letting me join in at the last minute - I had a blast!! Such great cards and fun too! Let me know when the July event will be - I'm only here one weekend (12th) so I may not make it. I have a family reunion taking the other weekend I'm usually here. Either way, keep me on the list for all events please. I'd love to join in when I'm in town. thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 05:27 AM   #410  
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up Stampede

Autumn,Randi,Carla.
Thank you so much for the "BEST" Stampede ever!! It was a total blast!!
The cards we made were absolutely awesome! You gals really went out of your way for all the terriffic prizes and the lunch you catered was delicious. Carla, you did a great job on the country fair games, what fun!! I am so looking forward to our next big event!! Just email me the date and time, because I don't want to miss it!!
God Bless,
Katie56
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #411  
Polyshrink Goddess

Exclamation

WOW!!
What a GREAT Stampede yesterday !!!
I have to say, I think it was the BEST EVER!!!
Everything went so smoothly, the cards were awesome! The food was Fantastic! The prizes were Great! And the company was Spectacular! What a great group of gals!! I had the most relaxing day I have ever had at any stamping event I've been to! You gals are the best! Oh, and the games were cool too! ;-) LOL Glad you all liked them. You know I have so much fun planning them for you! Thanks for making them a success. They wouldn't be so much fun without you! Randi, Autumn, you two did a fabulous job! With all the last minute changes you really pulled it together! I can't wait to get together again! I could use that kind of enjoyable, relaxed day more often!
Thanks again everyone.
Love ya all!
Carla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #412  
The Queen of Blue

LADIES!!!!!! Let me just say WOW!!!!! I had the best day yesterday. Everyone in the group was super sweet and just a joy to spend the day with. I am so glad that each and everyone of you could make it to the stampede. A huge thanks to Randi and Carla who are super to work with when planning an event. What an awesome event. I have plans in my head for the next one. Thanks to everyone that attended for all their help in cleaning up, setting up and everything you did.

Okay so it seems that everyone was excited about having another get together very very soon. I shall get together with the other coordinators (as I can do nothing without their help:mrgreen: ) and we will schedule it and let you all know. I believe Randi said the church was getting new flooring so we may need to work around that but I'm sure we can get it worked out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #413  
The Queen of Blue

OH and Kristy, you didn't tell me about any WW sweet and sour chicken. LOL Can't wait to get together with you girls again. Hugs. Love ya all!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #414  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazed2View Post
OH and Kristy, you didn't tell me about any WW sweet and sour chicken. LOL Can't wait to get together with you girls again. Hugs. Love ya all!!!!!!!!
OMG....let me just say....AWESOME! I do not eat leftovers either and I have eaten it for the last 2 nights! It is soooooo yummy! I will type up the recipe soon and send it to you and few others of course!

Mom to 3 wonderful boys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #415  
Bunny's SunnyChick

I am so happy to hear the day was such a HUGE SUCCESS! It sounds like you gals were much better off without me. lol

The best evah eh? Well, it sounds like lo-key is the way-to-go. Hugs to all and so pleased at the outcome! I will definitely be making it to the next one.
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #416  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Randi-

I mailed that envelope out last Monday (a week ago today). I am very concerned as there were several checks and some registration forms enclosed. Please pm me and let me know when or if you receive it. I even put two stamps on the envie to ensure there was enough postage. I hope I had the address information correct. I will try to call you later today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skydiverwifeView Post
Wishing you a fantastic day, Mindy!

Tracy, I did not get your USPS with any information. I will let you know when it arrives.

I will be at the Church around 9 for all of you who are coming early. See you there!
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #417  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwanabescrapnView Post
OMG....let me just say....AWESOME! I do not eat leftovers either and I have eaten it for the last 2 nights! It is soooooo yummy! I will type up the recipe soon and send it to you and few others of course!
Can't wait to get the recipe. Once I get this kiddo of mine feeling better we will have to get together.:mrgreen: Taking kiddo to the doctor this afternoon. (again).:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #418  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychickView Post
I am so happy to hear the day was such a HUGE SUCCESS! It sounds like you gals were much better off without me. lol

The best evah eh? Well, it sounds like lo-key is the way-to-go. Hugs to all and so pleased at the outcome! I will definitely be making it to the next one.
Nobody EVER said that so don't you even go there woman.:twisted: ;) You were missed. Glad you will make it to the next one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #419  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychickView Post
Randi-

I mailed that envelope out last Monday (a week ago today). I am very concerned as there were several checks and some registration forms enclosed. Please pm me and let me know when or if you receive it. I even put two stamps on the envie to ensure there was enough postage. I hope I had the address information correct. I will try to call you later today.
The post office strikes again.:( Maybe it will come back to you T?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 08:26 AM   #420  
Rubber Obsessor

Is anyone posting the cards so those of us who were unable to be there can share in the event? Glad to hear you all had a great time, wish I could have been there.

my avatar is sweet Sadie Mae
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #421  
The Queen of Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by mglgeorgeView Post
Is anyone posting the cards so those of us who were unable to be there can share in the event? Glad to hear you all had a great time, wish I could have been there.
ABSOLUTELY NOT, it's a huge secret. :p Bwhahahahahhahaha. Sorry Melanie, just kidding.

Unfortunately, I had my camera at the Stampede pulled it out to snap one picture and NEVER pulled it out again. I seriously forgot. Sorry ladies, I was caught up in the mist of the atmosphere at the stampede and was remiss in my picture taking.:( I am hoping that maybe one of the other ladies got some pictures and will take pitty on me and post them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #422  
Polyshrink Goddess

Tracy, when I came home from the Stampede, your envelope was in my mailbox. Thanks so much for getting that to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #423  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Chrisitan Hale

Hello ladies!
I am now home from the hospital. Chrisitan made his apperance at 9:33 am on Saturday th 17th of May and he weighed 7 lb 2 oz and was 19 inches long. That was the quickest labor ever. I woke up at 6 am with contractions. Thought I had a little time, so I took a shower feed the kids and dropped them to the sitter got at the hospital at 8 am they checked me at 8:30 and I was dialated to a 6 then they checked me again at 9:15 and I was fully dialated. So they got everything ready, broke my water, 3 and only 3 pushes he was out. That is the power of prayer!! I am still in shock!
I hope everyone had a wonderful time. I do have all of those cards cut out if anyone wants to do a swap with me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #424  
Stazon Splitcoast

How wonderful, Mindy! A beautiful new baby and an easy labor. Congratulations and speedy recovery! Enjoy the new baby.
and WoW! I can't believe that you are already on-line!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #425  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazed2View Post
Sweet and Sour Chicken

1 TBSP vegtable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 TBSP sherry
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp grated ginger (optional) I DID NOT USE THIS
1/2 cup peeled carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces (I used red pepper)
1/2 cup pineapple chunks, well drained
1/2 cup splenda granular
1/4 cup reduced-sugar ketchup (I used regular, couldn't find the other)
1 TBSP light soy sauce
1/3 cup cider vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 TBSP cornstarch + 1/4 cup water

1. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cornstartch, sherry, salt, and ginger. Toss to coat meat and set aside.
2. Put carrots in small saucepan with 1/2 cup water. bringto a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
3. Add green pepper and boil for 1 more minute. Drain vegetables and rinse thoroughly in cold water. Add pineapple and set aside.
4. In a sall saucepan, combine spleda, ketchup, soy sauce, and vinegar. Bring to low simmer.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring until thickened and clear. (I don't think it got real clear...just thick) Stir in vegetables.
6. Heat wok until hot. Add oil. When oil is very hot, add chicken. (It should sizzle as it hits the wok) (Also, I do not own a WOK so I used a NON-STICK skillet and got it really ,really hot and it worked great!) Stir-fry 2-3 minutes until no longer pink. Remove from WOK.
7. Combine sweet and sour sauce with chicken. Serve over rice if desired!

This is AWESOME! I hope you all enjoy.
Per serving: Calories--200
Carbohydrate 14 grams
Protein 24 grams
Fat 5 grams
Fiber 1 gram
Sodium 370 milligrams

Diabetic exchange= 4 very lean meat, 1 carb
WW point Comparison= 4 points per serving......this makes 4 servings!

Mom to 3 wonderful boys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 AM   #426  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Great fun!

I wanted to thank everyone involved in making the swap such a fun event. It was my first ever and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I enjoyed meeting everyone whose "names" became familiar to me on the forum. Hopefully, I'll make it back for next year! Thank you again to all those whose hard work made this such a great time for all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 06:41 AM   #427  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwanabescrapnView Post
Better send that recipe to me too, girl!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 06:52 AM   #428  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the recipe Kristy! Guess I should have finished reading the thread!

Mindy! Congratulations! Glad your labor was fast and easy. But, if you plan to have anymore, you better be careful! You might drop the next one on the floor!! lol Glad to hear that you are both doing well.

Tracy, We sure did miss you on saturday! And don't even think about missing the next one!!!

Carla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #429  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hated not being able to make it this year, but I am so glad you ladies had a good time. I'll be watching for deets on the next get together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #430  
Polyshrink Goddess

Mindy, Congrats on the baby! Can't wait to see pictures. If you PM me your address, I will mail you my card from the swap.
Hope all is well with you all. Kiss that cute baby for us all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #431  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Girls:
I don't know alot of details, but I wanted to pass along some info. Doctors have located a mass at the base of the brain in Autumn's son. It appears surgery is required and this has the potential to be a very serious situation. Please pray for her and her family. If I find out more I will pass the info along but I wanted to post here so you all could pray and possibly send her a card. I can't imagine how she's feeling right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #432  
Forum Fanatic

Autumn, my thoughts are with you and yours. You know we are holding you and DS close in our hearts as well. Please keep us posted as you can, and please remember to take care of YOU right now too. HUGS and more HUGS

Kelly, thanks for passing on the info.
and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #433  
Stazon Splitcoast

Exclamation AUTUMN UPDATE

This is a VERY GRAVE situation. Here's the current update from her:

My heart is broken and bleeding over my little baby boy.
I have talked with the surgeon today. They have now upgraded it from a cyst to a very very large tumor that is located inside Little D's spinal cord. It is pressing on several nerves and causing neurological problems. The diagnosis at this point is an "intramedulary Spinal Cord Tumor" It may or may not be cancerous they will not know til they get in there. He will be having surgery on Thursday morning not sure exactly what time yet. He is being treated by a pediatric neurological surgeon that specializes in brain and spinal tumors. They have said that it is very possible that our son will not make it through the surgery. (this kills me, and I know I will not survive this if it happens). They say that if he pulls through he will have neurological disorders that hopefully therapy can fix over time but it is possible that he will never be the same child or even close to the same child. The tumor is surrounding soooo many nerves. Nerves that control the breathing, heart, bowels, eyes, hearing it's just in the worst place possible. This is a very RARE condition that he has and has been there for a long time. It is a very slow growing tumor but still a very dangerous one. Kevin's job is giving him trouble because he is off work. He is of course not getting paid for his time off. The doctors and nurses are stating that we need to start fundraising now because well for one at some point insurance will stop paying for the little extras that he will need for recovery. Also, fundraising so that we don't lose our home as he will need a stable & familiar environment to return home too. Kevin and I are more than prepared to let go of the house the car and any other material thing. We just want to keep our son. We are scared of what we are going to have after surgery. He could be badly neurologically disfigured and they are all saying that he will more than likely be a different child all together. I believe that "If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it" but I am soooo scared. So if anyone has any good fundraising ideas whatever they may be please feel free to do it.

I will do my best to keep updated. I am crying too hard to type any longer.

Please let me know if you all have any ideas for fundraising. I can't imagine being in her place right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2008, 06:23 AM   #434  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kelly, I sent you a PM also.
Our soccer team just did a Poker Tournament and raffled off a new Laptop. with only 13 players, we raised over $4000. Maybe we could do something like that here, locally.
What about RAK's for her and Dakota? Anyone up for an outpouring of love to our Queen of Blue?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #435  
Matboard Maniac

This is just horrilbe! Could someone please post Autumn's snail address? Or PM it to me please? I can't remember her last name either.

Autumn....if you are reading this....my heart breaks for you all! I will keep your whole family in my prayers....keep your faith...God will bring you through it. Much love to you.....

Mom to 3 wonderful boys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #436  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone heard anything else about Autumn's son? I was surprised and greatly saddened to read her message. I'm hoping that the surgery went well. I would also like to send a card. Please send me her mailing address.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #437  
Polyshrink Goddess

This is Autumn's post from her other thread that she chats on. Hope this helps with some info for you all.

Just needed to step inside Peachie world for a moment but feel like I should be doing other things, what I don't know.

Looks like we are supposedly first on the surgery roster on Thursday (7:30a.m.) unless that gets changed. Supposedly a 9 hour surgery. Thats alot for a little person.

We haven't told him yet as we do not want him to obsese over the surgery and he would totally do that. We haven't actually told him anything. We will do it the night before he has to go for surgery. He said today that he is having weakness in the legs and some times trouble catching his breath.:

We are taking him to the campground tomorrow just for the day. We will be at my mom and dad's camper as ours is no longer ours. It's just too expensive, and another thing we don't need to worry about. I breifly skimmed ketchup because sleep for me is a joke right now (I'll sleep when he is okay). I appreciate that you all are thinking of my son and praying for him, it means sooo much to me. I noticed talk of news channels and actually my aunt is going to do a fund raiser wherein they will call the new channels at that time ( I think). But before we do anything here we are going to have the surgery, say lots and lots of prayers for Little D, put faith in God that Little D will recover and that we will not loose our home (which truthfully I could careless about the house or the car) but they say he needs a familiar,secure comfortable place for him to come home too afterwards. I think one of my friends is gonna take a bunch of my jewelry and just get what she can get for it to help out.

Ladies, I can only say that for those of you that know me know that I have complete faith in God, I know that Dakota will pull through this, I know that God did not give me the miracle of my son only to take him away, God is not cruel. If God is gonna bring me to it, he will bring me through it. Just pray that Recovery for Dakota is short. I love you all, with all my heart. I will text Kimberly after surgery and probably during surgery.

As for fundraisers, while I hate to ask, anything is helpful. I will keep in touch somehow to keep you all updated. Much Love to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #438  
Pearl-ExPert

I am deeply saddened to hear such sad news for Autumn and her family. I too would love her snail mail. and will pray for them. How quickly our lives can change. May God help all of them, and bring them the strength they need.
Dee

Last edited by deelite; 05-27-2008 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #439  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have her snail mail address if you would like to PM me, I can get it to you tomorrow. Going to bed now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2008, 07:31 AM   #440  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Oh this is just so heartbreaking. I'm not even sure why I decided to check this thread but I am so glad I did. I had no idea that our girl was going through such heartache with Little D. Prayers are going up for you Aut...We are here for you. Just let us know what you need....definitely prayers and love is coming your way sweet angel!

I will get our girls here workin on RAK's for Little D (Aut & Kevin). I am up for anything for Fund Raising efforts- I will help in any way I possibly can. I think first we should get something going here on SCS. Any objections to starting that now? I don't want to step on toes so I will check back...but definitely we should get something going soon. What about a site that people could go to and then any other ideas (or efforts) would be fine to go along with that?

What do you think ladies?
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes