Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 PM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
I'd offer to help, but I'm sure I'll still be cutting and fussing! LOL

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you--and seeing those of you I know, again!

That's no excuse!!! I haven't even thought of what I'm doing yet ... let alone pulling all the pieces together, LOL!! But that's okay ... you're a NEWBIE so we'll forgive you this time!

Look forward to see you Saturday Kim! Take care (how's hubby???). We can talk Saturday ... you guys are still in my prayers!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #82  
Glitter Queen

I count 8 people total is that correct for our projects? Also Tammy will you check your BBQ ingredients and see if it has honey in it I am allergic to honey so I will need to know if I can eat it or not thanks so much, sorry if its any trouble checking it out. Gosh I am so looking forward to this!!!!!!!! I do not have my project ready yet either guess I fit right in LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #83  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by akronstamperdpkView Post
ALL sounds good to me!! Thanks for organizing this, Nita! If you need help Friday night, let me know and I'll run over and give you a hand (and I don't mean applauding, LOL)! Although I CAN do that also!!
That's okay Dar, thanks for the offer, but I'll be more happy to put dh to work ;)

"The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it." ~Charles Swindoll
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #84  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin bearView Post
I count 8 people total is that correct for our projects? Also Tammy will you check your BBQ ingredients and see if it has honey in it I am allergic to honey so I will need to know if I can eat it or not thanks so much, sorry if its any trouble checking it out. Gosh I am so looking forward to this!!!!!!!! I do not have my project ready yet either guess I fit right in LOL
Yes, 8. Please make sure to bring enough to make 10 cards in case there are any boo boos and someone needs an extra piece.

I was thinking - and anyone please feel free to disagree with me - If we are all planning to bring enough for 10 cards, if the extra pieces are not needed, would everyone be willing to donate one of your own completed cards to *something*? I'm thinking maybe sending them to one of the groups supporting the troops, or something...there are so many people/groups looking for card donations even here on SCS. Would anyone like to find a group and take care of sending them? I'd be happy to, just thought I'd offer in case anyone else is interested. I'm not being very literate, but you get what I mean, right?

"The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it." ~Charles Swindoll
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gotcha Nita!! I haven't taken the time to check out the proper threads on SCS to know who needs what ... I have TONS of cards that need a home and I'd be glad to send them whereever ... if anyone has a good cause, please let me know!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #86  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's all fine with me as well! But, being a newbie . . . don't count on me NOT messing up! LOL I'd be happy to bring some cards that I have received in swaps also if you'd like to send them. I don't send cards to people if I've not made them--I just participate in swaps because I think they are fun and I love getting new ideas. (I'm a sickie, I know!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 05:29 AM   #87  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Question

Should we provide envelopes?

I love the idea of donating extra cards to an organization.

Jill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #88  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillnaView Post
Should we provide envelopes?

I love the idea of donating extra cards to an organization.

Jill
Unless you're bringing cards to make that are a funky shape and a normal rectangle or square envelope wouldn't work, I wouldn't worry about it. Some of us might need an excuse to go to Hollo's in the next week or two ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:05 AM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkinftmView Post
Unless you're bringing cards to make that are a funky shape and a normal rectangle or square envelope wouldn't work, I wouldn't worry about it. Some of us might need an excuse to go to Hollo's in the next week or two ;)
Hollo's Trip ... ME, ME ... I'm in!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

Anita ... check post #30 ... I will still get confirmation for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #91  
Die Cut Diva

Anita - plates, napkins, flatware, veggie tray
Tammy - BBQ Pork, buns (?)
Darlene - chips/dip, cups, ice
Terri - Bruschetta/garlic bread/peppermint candy/chocolate candy
Lana - Chocolate cake
Jill - fruit platter
Kim - pasta salad
Kris -Quiche

I'm trying to find out if there is a microwave there...I can't imagine there not being one...but they're always using the massive stoves for everything so I'm not totally sure...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Anita - plates, napkins, flatware, veggie tray
Tammy - BBQ Pork, buns (?)
Darlene - chips/dip, cups, ice
Terri - Bruschetta/garlic bread/peppermint candy/chocolate candy
Lana - Chocolate cake
Jill - fruit platter
Kim - pasta salad
Kris -Quiche

I'm trying to find out if there is a microwave there...I can't imagine there not being one...but they're always using the massive stoves for everything so I'm not totally sure...
Well ... you are in luck!! If they don't have a microwave, I just happen to have an extra small one sitting in the basement that I can bring along!! Just let me know!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #93  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Well ... you are in luck!! If they don't have a microwave, I just happen to have an extra small one sitting in the basement that I can bring along!! Just let me know!!!!
LOL - That's hysterical! Of all people, YOU would be the one to have a spare microwave hanging around that's portable enough to take along, ha ha ha ha

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #94  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am so disappointed. Something has come up that is going to prevent me from attending on Saturday. I have my project and directions all ready to go. All I need to do to finish is to cut the cardstock and put it in baggies.

I was SO looking forward to meeting up with you and having some fun. I am sorry I can't make it but I sure hope this doesn't prevent me from being invited to future events. (I mean, I'm nearly ready for the next one!)

I'll be there in spirit . . . but just not in the flesh. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am so disappointed. Something has come up that is going to prevent me from attending on Saturday. I have my project and directions all ready to go. All I need to do to finish is to cut the cardstock and put it in baggies.

I was SO looking forward to meeting up with you and having some fun. I am sorry I can't make it but I sure hope this doesn't prevent me from being invited to future events. (I mean, I'm nearly ready for the next one!)

I'll be there in spirit . . . but just not in the flesh. :(
Aaawww ... bummer!!! I was so looking forward to seeing you again also! I hope everything is okay with DH ... I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers. I'm not that far away ... if you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to call!!!

And YES >>> of course you'll be on the list for the next get together!! TAke care!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #96  
Die Cut Diva

We're down to six people. Tammy has family coming in from out of town and doesn't feel right leaving them. No worries! If the rest of you are up to still doing it on Saturday, I'm fine with that! If anyone feels burdened because of things that have come up and you just don't want to back out, please don't worry about it - it's no big deal!

Let's get a consensus of whether or not the rest of the group still wants to do it or if we want to reschedule it until Sept/Oct. No bad feelings on anyone's part, just please be honest

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #97  
Compulsive Stamper

Not a problem for me either way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #98  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Aaawww ... bummer!!! I was so looking forward to seeing you again also! I hope everything is okay with DH ... I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers. I'm not that far away ... if you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to call!!!

And YES >>> of course you'll be on the list for the next get together!! TAke care!
Actually what came up is out of town company. I know it's lame, but I'm kind of like Tammy with thinking I should be home with them. Especially with Kevin not able to really be a host.

We got good news at the Clinic yesterday. Kevin's blood levels are all good and the infectious disease doctor thinks that they are winning the battle with the infection!!! He thinks that perhaps we should try another knee joint instead of amputation--which would be wonderful! I mean, if it doesn't work, how much worse off will we be? So, I think Kevin is leaning that way now.

And, as far as rescheduling, I, of course, am game since I'm one who can't make it now. I work at UA so if a Saturday is chosen, the earlier the better because I do attend the football games since I work with the Marching Band.

Thanks for your encouragement. You are one great group of women!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Hollo's Trip ... ME, ME ... I'm in!!!!

I've never been . . . is it worth the trip?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #100  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I've never been . . . is it worth the trip?
Oh yes! At least once! They have a room full of just envies - all sizes and shapes - and they're cheap! They have rooms full of cardstock - all colors - and they sell it by the pound, not the sheet. I'm running low on it since joining SU and liking their colors and ink, but I like to stock up on neutrals while I'm there. Lots and lots of other stuff, too. Definitely not too far to drive to check it out and then figure out if you like it enough to go back. The envelope prices keep me going

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #101  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Oh yes! At least once! They have a room full of just envies - all sizes and shapes - and they're cheap! They have rooms full of cardstock - all colors - and they sell it by the pound, not the sheet. I'm running low on it since joining SU and liking their colors and ink, but I like to stock up on neutrals while I'm there. Lots and lots of other stuff, too. Definitely not too far to drive to check it out and then figure out if you like it enough to go back. The envelope prices keep me going

Is the cardstock quality similar to SU or PTI? I may just have to check out those envies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW ... seems like it's become a bad weekend for a lot of us. To be quite honest, I don't even have an idea ready yet so if we need to reschedule to another time ... it's not going to upset me! I vote we reschedule and hopefully MORE can come!

If a few of you would like to just get together at my house to play for a few hours, let me know. I can handle that ...

I guess being gone for 5 days took more of a toll on my mental state than I realized. I really don't want to leave DH for ALL DAY again either.

Okay ... so there you have it ... my opinion! Sorry ladies ... we will do it again I'm sure and I promise to bring EXTRA chocolate!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #103  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Is the cardstock quality similar to SU or PTI? I may just have to check out those envies!
Not in my opinion. They have some shades that I like to have that SU/PTI does not so that if I have DP from other companies, I might be able to match better. Quality wise, it's not as thick, but there are a few that are. I use it more for stuff for my kids or projects that are just for fun and not going to anyone. But, they have a lot of thicknesses of white, including glossy, shimmery, and some funky textures. I like that because I made quite a few recipe card boxes last year and it was perfect for those cards.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #104  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

WOW ... seems like it's become a bad weekend for a lot of us. To be quite honest, I don't even have an idea ready yet so if we need to reschedule to another time ... it's not going to upset me! I vote we reschedule and hopefully MORE can come!

If a few of you would like to just get together at my house to play for a few hours, let me know. I can handle that ...

I guess being gone for 5 days took more of a toll on my mental state than I realized. I really don't want to leave DH for ALL DAY again either.

Okay ... so there you have it ... my opinion! Sorry ladies ... we will do it again I'm sure and I promise to bring EXTRA chocolate!!!
Okay! Let's RESCHEDULE - NOT CANCEL! I'm still happy to have it at our church. I think it's easily accessible for all those who'd like to come... I don't want to plan out to Sept/Oct right now - but, as you know you are having things come up, post here or PM me and give me an idea of some possible dates that WILL work for you!

I'm going to suggest the dates of 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10 and 10/17 as starting points. That will get us after Labor Day but before the fall holidays. It seems like once November hits, the rest of the year is gone! I'm guessing Adventures in Stamping is one of those weekends but I haven't heard the date yet, so we'll nix that one if anyone knows when it is.

Dar - Would you please make sure Kris knows about this since she said she is not on that often? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #105  
Die Cut Diva

Will have to wait and see what happens with our work schedule this fall. The library will be closing on Thursdays and maybe Wednesday nights. I may have to work 1/2 a day every other Saturday. The Board of Directors will be making definate decisions tomorrow. I would still like to come in the fall. I'm thinking that the Adventures in Stamping is the weekend of October 10th, but not absolutely sure. Hope to see you girls then.
Terri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #106  
Glitter Queen

I am all for rescheduling under the circumstances. I will still bring the cake LOL minus the calories of course LOL.
FYI Oct 3rd is the adventures in stamping I have the post card they sent me so know it to be fact.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #107  
Die Cut Diva

Great - thanks for the date!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin bearView Post
I am all for rescheduling under the circumstances. I will still bring the cake LOL minus the calories of course LOL.
FYI Oct 3rd is the adventures in stamping I have the post card they sent me so know it to be fact.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

The 10/10 date is OUT (for me) because I'm going to go see SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE in Toledo that night!! YEAH!!!

Last edited by akronstamperdpk; 07-23-2009 at 04:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #109  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just checking in to see if a new date has been chosen.

DH took a turn for the better . . . and then a turn for the worse. He will have his leg amputated at the Cleveland Clinic on Thursday--and they say he will be home on Saturday! Is that crazy?

I've not been crafting much lately. Seems like some "killer" yellow jackets decided to make a nest in the closet in my craft room. The little buggers won't die! I am calling an exterminator in the morning to see if he can come out and rescue me so I can stamp again! LOL

I was at Toyrifix a couple weekends ago and met Tammy. Now to just get to meet the rest of you . . .

Have a great week. Happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #110  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, yellow jackets are gone ($160 later)! Now to find time--and mojo--to craft. I just need to go down there and do it, darn it! LOL

Wanted to see if anyone was going to Adventures in Stamping in Strongsville in October. I went to the first one ever for me in Akron this spring, and wondered if anyone thought it was worth going to Strongsville as well. Inquiring minds want to know--and so do I! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #111  
Glitter Queen

I really liked the one in Akron a few years ago, the one in strongsville is usually right around my birthday (the 2nd) and I think the one year I went on my birthday and wasn't that impressed. It was cramped....Anyone else have this issue, or has it been moved?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 AM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay, yellow jackets are gone ($160 later)! Now to find time--and mojo--to craft. I just need to go down there and do it, darn it! LOL

Wanted to see if anyone was going to Adventures in Stamping in Strongsville in October. I went to the first one ever for me in Akron this spring, and wondered if anyone thought it was worth going to Strongsville as well. Inquiring minds want to know--and so do I! LOL

I believe it was moved last year. It wasn't as cramped but it is a lot smaller than the one in April. I don't know that I'll be going this fall ... I'll have to check the website and see what vendors are going to be there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 AM   #113  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would love to know how it is also. I went the last 2 yrs. in Akron and it was awesome but i haven't been to the one in strongsville either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 05:49 AM   #114  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would love to know how it is also. I went the last 2 yrs. in Akron and it was awesome but i haven't been to the one in strongsville either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #115  
Gabfest Goddess

I went to the Strongsville event last year - it was alright....was not real impressed with it. When are you planning another event in NE ohio? I would be interested!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #116  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies ... here is a link for the upcoming NE OHIO event. You decided for yourself if you think it's worth the trip. I do remember it's only about half the vendors that are in downtown Akron in the Spring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #117  
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Interested in joining you

Hi, my name is Patti and I am interested in joining in on the shoebox swap. So, I'm keeping an eye out for when you all reschedule! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes