Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Ten Signs You Have Too Much Stamping Crap.

As seen on a recent episode of The Late Show with David Letterman at Wal-Mart:

The Top Ten Signs You Have Too Much Stamping Crap:

10. You have 13 different colors of plastic storage bins in your craft room because you've boughten the store out of the first 12 colors they carried.

9. Your big toes are both wrapped in band-aids from tripping and slicing them open on the corner of clam-shell stamp cases on the floor trying to make your way to your work area.

8. Where is my gol' #$%^& ruler, I just had it a minute ago, is it under this pad of paper? is it under that ink pad? ohh is it behind this bottle of embossing powder? Ahhh it must have fallen into the scrap bag. OH there it is right under my nose with about a million other things on my desk.

7. All the sales people at Michael's, Jo Ann Crafts and Hobby Lobby know you by name and have you not only on their weekly sales flyer mailing list but their Christmas Card list.

6. You have a stamp for every possible occassion, but you never, EVER get a card mailed in time for that occassion because you are still searching for the stamp set a week after that event has passed.

5. You don't ever have to worry about stamping withdrawl when you go on vacation, you've used your luggage set as extra storage space - so hey - you're all ready packed!

4. Your neighbors have started bringing their parcels for shipping to your home. They see those brown trucks there so much they thought it was the UPS Store!

3. Your husband wonders, aloud, if you guys could pay off your mortgage with the sale of everything in that room?

2. Your next option for expansion requires the use of an elavator and another story on your home.

1. Your friends and family recently held an intervention and asked you to leave for rehab immediately, you've locked yourself into your stamping space and don't have to worry about anyone being able to find you in there anyway! You've agreed to come out ONLY if you get a WORKBOX!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I am getting a little hungry in here, but I'm sticking to my guns, I'm not coming up for air till I get that workbox.. Perhaps I can find a York Peppermint Patty somewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

love numbers six and seven.....oh how true...good luck to you...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I'd like to say this is the first night I've spent in this room, but alas, it is not. I've spent many nights in this room, trying to complete projects....creative and organizational. I spent last night attempting to "put away" ALL of my stamp sets. My toes can't handle much more. I was not successful. I have crammed every plastic drawer, my suitcase - I opened the expansion zipper! Finally when I could cram no more, I sat and cried myself to sleep admiring the photo of the Workbox. I believe I do deserve this Workbox, as do many others, but don't my stamps deserve a nice canvas tote to sleep in and a beautiful Knotty Alder condo of their own? It's getting cold up here in Wisconsin....please, help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Morning bump. OK, I'm beginning to think my craft room must be the most dis-organized out there if only one person can relate and thinks this is as funny as I do. I was trying to keep the mood light, but after being in this room thinking about how I would organize the ScrapBox Workbox if I won it, I'm getting a little delirious. I mean I've already started sorting things the way that I will put them in the crafty condo once its here and built.

Please....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

tunloop,

Share with us:
(1) why you craft
(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects, and
(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Default About me and my Craft...

Share with us:
(1) why you craft

I craft for a lot of reasons - primarily because it is a relaxing, creative outlet for me. About 3 years ago, my retired parents came to live with me. While I love having my folks here, it is sometimes an adjustment and this is my me time, my space away from the outside world. However, my mom has recently expressed an interest in papercrafting as well, so this also allows time for us to just hang out and be girly. One of the other large reasons I enjoy paper-crafting is the enjoyment others get when they receive something I made. (I must admit, my friend Jen and I open our newly created cards just so we can pretend we're the person getting them and be all excited - a little goofy joke we started doing around Christmas last year) I think it is priceless to give another person a gift from your heart, and I love, love, love to see the joy on others faces when they discover you truly DID care enough to send the very best. I take a lot of pride in my work and really try to give each person I make a card or gift for a miniature masterpiece that they can hold onto as a keepsake. Lastly, about 3 years ago, I was diagnosed with a rare rheumatoid disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. I've had to give up a lot of my more active hobbies due to physical limitations, but while my hands and my heart and my eye for design are all still in tact, I discovered this new hobby, and fell in love with it. Its something I can still be proud of accomplishing. OH - and its what me and my best friend Jen LOVE to do when we hang out together, she's the one who introduced me to stamping a few years back.

(2) what you do with your completed handcrafted projects

I mostly produce cards and altered items to give away. I always adorn family and friends for every special ocassion (providing I can find that stamp set in time....most of the time I can, the "humor" above was because at times, some sets do seem to elude me!) I have started making cards for Stars and Stripes Honor Flight. Mostly just to hand out to the vetrans when they take the flight to see their memorial, but I have had hopes of auctioning some off to raise money to go towards more flights. My dad is a WWii Vet and 81 years old, these guys don't have a lot of years left and its IMPERATIVE we do what we can so they can see their LONG OVERDUE memorial. The program tries to give little surprises to the vets the day of their trip and that's my small part I guess. I also like to participate in other charitable events. Last fall, I made all kinds of tags and decorations for a Breast Cancer Bake Sale at work to raise money for a colleague going through that difficult time. I do sell some of my work too occassionally - a handful of people at work have me make their Christmas cards each year, and I am currently working on my first wedding project for my hairdresser.

(3) what the biggest impact any of your projects has had on you, someone else, or the world at large!
I guess the two biggies here that stand out - is the impact on me - is that it gives me peace....and it gives me hope. I have suffered with this condition (AS) it is thought to be nearly 12 years now - only I didn't know it until just a few years back. It was mis-diagnosed by so many physicians and little by little I was losing all of my mobility from my hips up. I was an avid pool shooter (note my screen name, poolnut backward), very good since an early age and competed locally with aspirations to compete nationally. With AS, my neck and spine do not move properly - and I was no longer "good" at what I was so passionate about. As you can imagine this was pretty depressing....then my friend introduced me to stamping, and I found something to be passionate about again, something to be good at, something to love and enjoy. Something to be positive about - this was really a turning point for me. Its gotten me out in the world again...I was a very outgoing person before all of this and slowly became an introvert over this ordeal. Crafting has opened my clamshell back up, and I feel like I again have something to offer the world. That's the peace part...the hope part is to me, each one of these little crafted cards or projects are tiny bits of hope to me. If they could do that for me, I could share this with the world right? Well ok, maybe not the world but my little corner of it right? Whether it be to just bring a smile to their face, let someone know that they too matter in this world or to encourage someone else to let their creative light shine, this hobby gives me hope, and I hope by sharing it I convey that hope to others. I think we need more of that in this crazy world.

I hope that helps explain me, and my addiction I wouldn't trade for the world!

Last edited by tunloop; 10-09-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

I just wanted to add another note....I'm doing OK. This AS is a big pain in my butt, and many days I feel old beyond my days...but I CAN walk (not a lot), and I sure can TALK, and I can work outside of the home, and I have a LOT of Blessings from Above. My outlook is positive, I'm day by day learning how to better cope and making cards helps me with that....and as long as they make cardstock and stamps, and the Good Lord wills it, I'll be around for when they find a cure, and I'll re-live my 30s in my 80s, cause I'll feel like a million bucks then! Just wanted to let you all know that...its NOT keeping me down. :o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Good morning everyone. It's getting so close. The decision is almost upon us. Good luck to everyone! I'll be excited who ever wins.....and I think I might pee my pants if its me. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

oh the suspense...I hope you are able to control yourself...be sure to use the restroom before you check for a winner...good luck to you...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I can't wait to find out what will happen tomorrow....it says the powers that be are starting a new thread - will they tell us who the finalists are??? I hope so....... I know they've got a tough decision on their hands, big time!
Reply With Quote Likes