Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Money Saver Big Shot Pro Westminster for just $231.99!!!

Hi crafters! I just wanted to let you know about this awesome deal - Overstock currently has the Big Shot Pro Westminster, with extended tray, extended plates and extended platform for $231.99! Shipping is just $2.95 (or free if it is your first order!) I think that is an AMAZING deal! I was all set to order it through a quilting shop for $270 plus shipping when I found it on Overstock!!!

Westminster Sizzix Big Shot Pro Shape Cutting Machine | Overstock.com

I was very worried it wasn't actually the Wesminster but the blue Big Shot Pro instead, because that price is usually what the regular BSP is on sale. I made sure they would pay for me to return it to them should it be the wrong one.

Just minutes ago mine arrived and it IS the Purple Westminster Big Shot Pro with the extended platform, extended tray and extended plates!

My big dies are still on the way so I haven't really gotten to PLAY yet....but it works!!! I ordered the standard plates and adapter from Joann - I need to find a Crease Pad and I need to find the standard tray. Any hints on where to order them? I ordered the Labels 4 Grand Nesties to start with a big milk carton die - I am really just SOOOO very excited!!!!

Any tips for a newbie to the BSP? I have the regular Big Kick.

Also how on Earth do I use Nesties in it? The Grand Nesties....

YAY!!!

Last edited by cardsbynikki; 07-06-2011 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: spelling
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got that one too, recently (through Overstock). Haven't played with it yet. The crease pad is back in stock at Joann's - I just ordered mine.

I use Spellbinders dies in my Cuttlebug - I forget the sandwich off the top of my head, but it's in the directions for the dies. Check your package & see if there isn't a sandwich chart in there. I'm sure they have something in there about the Big Shot sandwich. HTH!

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"
~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

There is the Big Shot sandwich but I can't find one yet for the Big Shot Pro - I'll keep looking! THanks for the heads up on the crease pad, I will go order one right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Nikki, I am jealous! Congrats on the BSP. Oh, she is so pretty. I am tempted but I am buying a new home. That's my next big craft project. !

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

The Big Shot sandwich should work, shouldn't it? The only difference (I think) between the BS & the BSP is the actual size of the machine/dies . . . according to the description for the BSP, it says it uses all dies from the smallest to the biggest.

If I have time today, I'll play with mine & see if the BS sandwich works for the one little set of Nestabilities I have & get back to you

~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbszmydView Post
The Big Shot sandwich should work, shouldn't it? The only difference (I think) between the BS & the BSP is the actual size of the machine/dies . . . according to the description for the BSP, it says it uses all dies from the smallest to the biggest.

If I have time today, I'll play with mine & see if the BS sandwich works for the one little set of Nestabilities I have & get back to you
Well the thing is the platform on the Big Shot Pro is thinner than the multi purpose platform on the Big Shot - I know how to use the regular Nesties in the Pro (just use the platform and plates from the Big Shot) but the largest dies in the Grand Nesties don't fit on the regular Big Shot platform (they are too wide....) So I have to figure out how to shim this baby so that there is enough pressure to make it work with the Pro. I'm sick right now but as soon as I feel better I think I just need to cut up some cardboard and figure it out - I am sure there has to be a way to do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Nikki, I am jealous! Congrats on the BSP. Oh, she is so pretty. I am tempted but I am buying a new home. That's my next big craft project. !
She is purty! A die cut fantatics dream manual machine! I need to name her - I'm thinking Purple Delight. Except I say that and people immediately crack up or make references to a certain female profession. So it's back to the drawing board

You will love one when you get it! I am already SOO happy with it. I saved for 6 months and now I can play! YAY!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Nikki- I think you should name her Purple Delight. All pretty girls should have a stripper name in their life at one time. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

DeeAnn, you crack me up!! HAHA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I saw this deal on Overstock also. I was confused though. What is the difference between the Big Shot Pro Westminster and the regular Big Shot Pro? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

The difference is that the Westminster (purple one) comes with the extended platform and cutting pads while the 'regular' Pro (blue one) comes with the standard platform, cutting pads & I think on Overstock might include the standard crease pad. I personally decided to go with the Westminster for the extended platform & cutting pads b/c my daughter wants to get into quilting eventually, so we'll need the extended items (longer pads). I did end up getting the standard platform, cutting pads, and crease pad on Joann.com when they had 40% off, so it was a good deal for me. I also do a lot of Bigz XL die cutting, so for me, having the extended pads is helpful. If I'd have bought the blue one & had to buy the extended platform & cutting pads separately, it would have ended up costing me more. HTH!

I LOVE my Westminster, but I'll warn ya, it's BIG & HEAVY. You'll want to have a dedicated space for it - it's sure not something you could easily drag on & off a shelf

I haven't had a whole lot of time to work with it yet because of work & grad school, but I'm looking forward to Christmas break this year to really go to town

~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Gale, you need to jump on this. I got the original BSP (the blue one) when it came out and have used it a LOT. When the Westminster came out, I bought the extended accessories so I can use all the dies on my "old" blue BSP. Even though I have everything the Westminster has now, I wish I had the PURPLE machine!!!

I love the BSP dies for cards, bags, and boxes. These items are actually large enough to use for many gift items. I love all my little Sizzix bags & boxes (made with Original, Bigz, and BigzXL dies), but they are so teeny. The ones made with BSP dies are very handy.

The Sizzix Outlet currently has a number of BSP dies on clearance for under $15. I've also picked up some of the XL and XW dies on clearance at Ellison.com. They're the wood-backed dies like you see in schools, but they fit through a BSP just fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

GALE - You would love it! LOVE IT!!! I have been having a BLAST with mine!

lamcquinn - like was said, the difference is the Westminter comes with all extended plates which if you pay retail, all together equal around $175 - so since the Westminster at Overstock is exactly the same price as the blue BSP at Joann when it is on sale, the BEST DEAL is to order the Westminster through overstock!

MEG - girl, did ya HAVE to tell me about the clearance on BSP dies? (THANK YOU FOR DOING SO!) my pocketbook is mad now....and my cart full
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just ordered the Westminister! My friend has the blue one and I loved how easy it was to turn the handle. Surprising the Westminster was cheaper than the blue one! Thanks for the sharing this good deal!

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only difference is the color, blue or purple, and the size of the platform, tray, and plates, correct???

Last edited by dfaust; 07-24-2011 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,396 Likes on 1,171 Posts
Money Saver

Oh no, I can't order one as I've only just bought the big shot but I so love purple, my favourite colour.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfaustView Post
I just ordered the Westminister! My friend has the blue one and I loved how easy it was to turn the handle. Surprising the Westminster was cheaper than the blue one! Thanks for the sharing this good deal!

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only difference is the color, blue or purple, and the size of the platform, tray, and plates, correct???
You are correct! That is the only difference. The purple one is "sponsered" by Westminster Fibers - so it also sports their logo. The best part though is that it comes with those expensive extended plates/tray/pad. It is the same size overall though as the Blue Big Shot Pro - it is big though and it is HEAVY! Not something you can just drag around like the regular one. Mine has a permanent home and I will only be moving it during my classes when I am teaching (so it is at the table for use rather than in my craft space). Otherwise it is staying put! Sucker is big!

I totally love it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks Nikki for posting this. I have been wanting it for a long time and I figured I won't find a better deal than this on it so I just ordered it.
I don't know WHERE I am going to put it. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

You folks getting the PURPLE machine for less than I paid for the blue machine will be so happy with your purchase! Besides being PURPLE, the BSP is just so great. I love mine and use it so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

I am excited and can't wait to get it. I have wanted it for awhile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

OK, you're talking me into this! What else do I need that doesn't come with the purple machine?? ex. cutting pads, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Most of the BSP dies use the crease pad instead of the clear cutting pads. I'd get a 12x12 crease pad. Everything else is included.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Soooooooo tempting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Default Nikki - thin dies solution

Nikki, I just saw on Sizzix website recently they are taking preorders for a multipurpose platform thing for the BSP for $39.99. This should solve our problem of trying to cut the super thin dies.

~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DillyDoView Post
Thanks Nikki for posting this. I have been wanting it for a long time and I figured I won't find a better deal than this on it so I just ordered it.
I don't know WHERE I am going to put it. LOL
You will LOVE LOVE LOVE it once you find it a home It's awesome! I made little gift bags today so quick and easy with the BSP cutting/scoring them for me and all I did was glue together. I used my Nesties to cut a window in them - my gosh I saved a lot of time doing it this way! AWESOME! I am in love with my purple girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Nikki, I just saw on Sizzix website recently they are taking preorders for a multipurpose platform thing for the BSP for $39.99. This should solve our problem of trying to cut the super thin dies.
I saw that too! I am going to wait until it comes to a store that has a 40% off coupon and then nab one - I was hoping they'd realize we needed this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamcquinnView Post
OK, you're talking me into this! What else do I need that doesn't come with the purple machine?? ex. cutting pads, etc.
I went ahead and bought standard plates/adapter pad from Joann when they were 40% off - still waiting to find a place that has a good price on the standard tray. This way I don't always have to maneuver those 24" inch long plates all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Is this it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadiebirdView Post
Yes that is it! Cool huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
I went ahead and bought standard plates/adapter pad from Joann when they were 40% off - still waiting to find a place that has a good price on the standard tray. This way I don't always have to maneuver those 24" inch long plates all the time.
That's what I did, too.

~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadiebirdView Post
That'll be my next purchase! Then I can use my BSP for everything!

Nikki, I think I'm gonna name mine "Purple Passion" ;)

~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That's what I did, too.
Have you found any where that sells the standard tray for a good price?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That'll be my next purchase! Then I can use my BSP for everything!

Nikki, I think I'm gonna name mine "Purple Passion" ;)

Love it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
Have you found any where that sells the standard tray for a good price?
Sadly, no :(

~ Chief Brody, Jaws
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Sadly, no :(
Me either! It's a tough find....I will keep an eye out and let you know if I find one for a good price
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #35  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Nikki, thanks for enabling me!!! LOL! This IS a great deal and I'm looking forward to getting mine very soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2011, 10:05 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey ladies!! Joann's has the Big Shot Pro for $199 for Thanksgiving DAY!!! Go grab ya one! I did!

Using November Stampin' Up! commission check to buy it! Whoop!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2011, 03:56 AM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

[QUOTE=beadsonthebrain;18951441]Hey ladies!! Joann's has the Big Shot Pro for $199 for Thanksgiving DAY!!! Go grab ya one! I did!

Using November Stampin' Up! commission check to buy it! Whoop!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies! My husband just bought the Westminster for me for our anniversary. Do I have to buy the shorter BSP cutting plates, etc. to use with regular dies? Does it hurt or do anything to the BSP to use the extended plates it came with? And don't you think it's kind of weird it didn't come with everything the blue BSP comes with, i.e., the shims?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxHoneybeeView Post
Hi ladies! My husband just bought the Westminster for me for our anniversary. Do I have to buy the shorter BSP cutting plates, etc. to use with regular dies? Does it hurt or do anything to the BSP to use the extended plates it came with? And don't you think it's kind of weird it didn't come with everything the blue BSP comes with, i.e., the shims?
Hi TxHoneybee! I have the BSP Westminster too, and i found using the extended cutting plates and the extended tray was almost too long. I bought the standard cutting plates and the standard tray for the BSP, and i use mine all the time with that. I just like it better. It doesn't hurt anything if you use the extended plates, i just didn't like them as well as the shorter ones. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks plumcrazy. I guess I will buy them when they go on sale at Joann's again. Darn, I should have bought them when they were fifty percent off online the other night. Oh well, I am patient.
Reply With Quote Likes