Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:45 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP NEEDED

Okay, I have cut out my stamps and put the stickers on. . .now. . .I want to make them sticky for acrylic blocks. . . what should i use??

Someone said Tack n Peel so i bought that but it seems that the sticky stuff stays on the blocks not the stamp . .

I bought tombow multi glue. . .but that seems to peel off after two times.. .

Anybody know of anything else??:confused:

TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think some people use Aleene's Tack It Over and Over glue. The glue dries clear so you will be able to see the sticker on the rubber.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

I still prefer EZMount. I do not understand how you say you placed the stickers on, but I unmount all of my stamps and use EZMount on them. I love the SU rubber and the easiness of stamping and storing with acrylic and EZMount. (Available at Sundayint.com)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 05:07 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I agree that EZ Mount is my preference too. I'm thinking that she either put the stickers on the bare rubber or if these are SU stamps, maybe on the sticky cushion that is attached to the rubber?

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 05:10 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I put the sticker on the cushion side of the stamp . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 05:17 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Here's a thought... Have you tried out sticking your stamps to the acrylic block? I thought I had read that is what some people do. They put the sticker on the cushion side and then are able to use that as a way to stick the stamp to the block - without the need for glue or anything. In my mind what I wrote makes sense...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I tried putting the sticker on a few of my sets when I decided to go unmounted. If you do that, you need to put a piece of vinyl cling on the acrylic mount. The sticker should stick to that. I really wasn't happy with that system, though. When I get new SU stamps, I put them on the vinyl cling directly. So far, it's worked great. Haven't had too much luck with this method on previously mounted stamps. Most of the adhesive stays on the wood block. For these, I use EZ mount. I love SU stamps but love the convenience and space-saving of unmounted.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stmpfunnView Post
Okay, I have cut out my stamps and put the stickers on. . .now. . .I want to make them sticky for acrylic blocks. . . what should i use??
You can put Alene's Tack it Over and Over liquid glue on the sticker and let it dry, as Kimberly suggested. Once the glue is dry, stick and unstick it to a tshirt or jeans a couple of times to reduce the tack a little. If you just boughta new bottle of TIOnO, you will want to consider diluting your glue with a little water, as I've read the company changed formulas in the last year or so, and the new formula has the tendency to form a permanent bond if it isn't diluted before being applied to the backs of stamps.

You can also use the TacknPeel with your stamps; just put the sheet on your block, and your sticker-backed SU stamps will adhere to it so you can stamp away.

A different route is to put a few strips of Terrifically Tacky Tape (aka Sticky Strip) or some other double-sided tape on your block for a temporary fix. I just did this to test out two big grab bags of rubber dies to stamp them and see what the images were and decide which ones I wanted to keep. I just put five strips of TTT on an acrylic handle and stuck and unstuck the rubber dies to the strips. The exposed tape got increasingly linty as I cleaned my stamps with a damp towel, but was still sticky enough for me to stamp with ~150 rubber dies. When I was done with that size of acrylic handle, I just peeled the TTT off the block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Default vinyl cling

I also put my sticker on the rubber for unmounted stamps. I use clear vinyl cling fron Sunday International (?). I glue it on with crystal effects, and use it just fine with my acrylic blocks. I don't have trouble with the stamp coming off the blocks even when scrubbing them. I've used this method for about a year now and haven't had any trouble. I really like that I have a picture of the stamp just like on the wooden blocks and don't have to guess what the stamp is.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom of MarineView Post
I also put my sticker on the rubber for unmounted stamps. I use clear vinyl cling fron Sunday International (?). I glue it on with crystal effects, and use it just fine with my acrylic blocks. I don't have trouble with the stamp coming off the blocks even when scrubbing them. I've used this method for about a year now and haven't had any trouble. I really like that I have a picture of the stamp just like on the wooden blocks and don't have to guess what the stamp is.
I just checked on the vynil cling you use. I did not consider the cling before because I saw the life of the cling is only 1 or 2 years. I am very happy with the regular EZ Mount, but am definitely going to try the vynil cling.
Reply With Quote Likes