Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some answer form stampin up demos and creative memories demo!

CM:
So I use to be a creative memories demo about 1 1/2-2 years ago, I had always use their products exclusively and decided to sell their products it was $500 i had to meet every 3 months well i dint even make i couldn't sell it due to the fact i was new in the are and had no one to sell it to other than family but that could only go so far, I tried really hard, I end up giving away my extra products to family, and i saw that selling their products on eBay was not allow ai saw an article ex consultants being used for $5,000 over that*scarry* and that CM owns you for life its in their contract, really?. That being said I do only use their albums for my scrapbook, is that true creative memories owns you for life? does that mean you cant sight up to sell their competitors products? I search low and hight for their contract online i couldn't find anything and i cant my contract with them, I don't sell their products like i said but i do family members that use them and order from them i personally don't order any more because i don't need to my mother in laws has been getting my stuff for me

now SU:
I'd never heard of them until i went to my neighbors workshop march of2011 and i just fell head over heels on their products, I never stamp before and now im a stamper but a scrapbooker to heart*i can be both stamper and scrapbooker* Id been attending stamp club and ordering every month and the demo she's is AMAZING, stampin up has gone above and beyond to please me has a customer, like when i broke my embossing folder and when i dint like this ink got me new one both times. So with their sale-a-bration and the $125 kit it was hard not to sight up, so i did, how will this interfere with me being an ex-creative memories consultant?

Now general concern:
I can see me being more successful selling stampin up products and well excited to sell amazing products low their low quota since im new and limited budget id o not have alot of stampin up products and i read this article that freak em out about stampin up Stampin’ Up! restricts Demonstrators’ online activities [Updated]

id been a fan of CM for over a year on FB does that mean i can't anymore, does that mean i cant use their albums since i do love them. I mean i cant go to michaels and use their scrapbook stuff? another thing keep in mind i don't have alot su products, in my fb and splitcoststampers i put there that in my cards i use other products that are not stampin but i did that bedofre i was a consultant can they come after me for that they meaning stampin, i posted stiff on fb about CM that are a year old can i get in trouble for that, i have old pictures that shows i made cards with other products but that was before i became a demo, i just need to protect my rear end hereI like to follow the law, another thing when i sight up it says my spouse had to agreed to contract too? where can i find the su contract for myself and the one for my spouse

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG BUT I HAD NO WHERE TO TURN and i know coming here i get answer

over all i am excited to become a su demo but where does that leave me with CM or any other company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Ah my tittle I mis-spelled "from" and put "form" I put "creative memories demos" instead of "creative memories consultants" sorry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Crafynubee, you would have been required to agree to the IDA and other requirements when you signed up to become a Stampin' Up demonstrator. Do you have copies of those documents? All documents can be found on the Stampin' Up Demonstrator website. Your best bet is to speak with your Upline and Demonstrator Support. There is also a Stampin Up Demonstrator forum here on SCS you may want to join.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, there, craftynubee! Welcome to demohood, lol! Well, first, to set your mind at rest, you are definitely not prohibited from using other companies' products. If you use non-SU products on a project in a blog post, for example, you can list those companies' names and their products. What you cannot do is actually link to a website where people can purchase those competing items. I never thought that was a big deal, particularly. There are many ways to find company websites, especially when you spend much time here on SCS, lol!

You can use anything you wish in your own scrapbooking or papercrafting. You cannot use competing products while you are actually demonstrating at a workshop where hostess benefits are involved or you are actively representing SU.

As for your CM history, as long as you are no longer under contract with them, SU doesn't have any problem. You just can't be with both companies simultaneously. I have no experience with CM, but I can't imagine they would have any legal grounds to prevent you from representing any other competing companies.

Congratulations on signing up! Do please join the SU Demo forums here. There are so many good ideas for using and selling SU products shared there. Also, call SU demo support and ask about Stampin' Connection, SU's in-house demo forum. That is by invitation only, and the invite has to come from SU. So give them a call and ask for your invite.

See you around! You're going to have so much fun!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Betsy is right, you can use whatever you want and even mention it on your blog you just can't actively PROMOTE competing companies products. Which, makes sense because if you're selling SU why would you want to promote other products:-) So, linking to places you can purchase said "contraband" or going on and on and on about how great product XYZ is, is what's not allowed. So, it's really not as restrictive as a lot of people think.

You can continue to be a "fan" of whatever you want on facebook, that's not promoting anything, just means you like something. And don't be worried about the SU police...I doubt anyone would come after you even if you DID do something "wrong" :-) LOL!

And like Betsy said, sign up for the demo side here on SCS, there is SO much wonderful info over there. There should be a link on the left side of the screen that says "join a group", click on that and go from there! Check you spam folder for the Stampin' Up Stampin' Connection invitation....I think a lot of people's gets filtered out since it's a ning site. Personally, I don't use the SU site that often as it's confusing!

Check the DEMO website (that you have to log in with your demo ID and password) every single day! That's where important announcements happen...at the bottom under the news.

As far as the spouse agreeing to the IDA I think maybe you're confused. I think that's ONLY if you have them listed as your supporting demo. I don't remember doing anything for my DH. Again, I think that's only if you listed yours as a supporting demo. Did you do that?

And welcome:-)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi,
In regards to CM if I remember my contract correctly, we can not sell products on line (i.e. ebay). The contract is disolved after 6 months.
I hope this helps you. I know how you feel about the $500 every 3 months, they are the highest quota out there but they will not lower it unfortunately. Good luck with the SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Oh yeah, the ebay thing....I forgot to address it earlier:

While a demo you cannot sell CURRENT merchandise on ebay but you are free to sell any retired items you wish. The only tricky part is with the minis. Merchandise from the minis is considered current for one YEAR from the mini so you can't sell stuff from say the holiday mini until the NEXT holiday mini comes out. Make sense? So even though you can no longer purchase those items you still can't sell for a year because they may come back in the big catalog.

Should you drop your demoship then you can sell your stuff on ebay as soon as you drop as far as I'm aware. But who'd want to drop or even worse sell anything, lol! (Yes, I'm a hoarder, lol)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm starting to wonder.... can I be sued by Creative Memories for signing an SU contract? According to the contract, I can be sued for using CM's intellectual property when I am no longer an active consultant, even though I've been inactive for nearly 4 years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not sure what CM's grounds would be. What is it you think they don't want you to do? Any contractual obligations you had are long since expired. As far as you're concerned, you are no different than any other customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

I do know that, if I ever sold CM products on eBay for the rest of my life, that they can still come after me, even if what I'm selling is old, faded and falling apart. Their legal department is very aggressive and not very polite. So I assume that if that part of the contract is still binding, then the rest of the contract is as well, and that I am an "inactive" consultant, but not and "ex" consultant.

CM has begun teaching people how to make cards with their scrapbooking products, and they have a new stamp set, recently introduced. If I were to demonstrate a card-making technique that happened to be on their website, could they construe it as their "Intellectual property" and harass me to take it down/stop teaching it?

I know it sounds absurd, but I have known of too many instances of the tactics of the CM legal department and don't want to sign a SU contract, only to be harangued by CM for cards or videos that I upload.
Reply With Quote Likes