Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-22-2006, 06:24 AM   #81  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this tote awhile back, and loved it on my desk. This weekend is our scramp event, and I threw all my punches, extra adhesive, and tools it in, and still had room left over! It is working way better than I ever thought it would.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 07:08 AM   #82  
Forum Fanatic

I saw a bunch of ladies with these at midwest angel gathering at the very beginning of october- alas, there is no michael's here.

I want a pink one so badly!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

I just read their Sunday ad. It is on sale this week for $12.99. The large one is on sale too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #84  
Forum Fanatic

YAY! If they have it in stock, I might get one of these for Christmas. I called my mom and asked her if she could run by michael's since they are all over Austin, but the closest one to me is 30 miles. She said yes! and even took the time to find the flyer to make sure she knew exactly what I was looking for.

Here's hoping she remembers the emphasis on "just the small one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #85  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
YAY! If they have it in stock, I might get one of these for Christmas. I called my mom and asked her if she could run by michael's since they are all over Austin, but the closest one to me is 30 miles. She said yes! and even took the time to find the flyer to make sure she knew exactly what I was looking for.

Here's hoping she remembers the emphasis on "just the small one"
Isn't it frustrating to know something so great "might" be at a store . . . but so far away?

Every time I read about the fun finds at Michael's, it puts me in such a pouty mood; the nearest one to me is an hour away, and depending on which direction I go, it also includes a ferry ride costing me $16. By the time I can finally get there, if they even have any left, the additional costs just to get one just kills me!

Here's a stupid question tho--I keep hearing that the tote is $19.95. The one I stumbled onto a week ago was priced at $14.95. Did they suddenly raise the price on this thing? It was not sale priced on the receipt, and Michael's would not grant me a 40% off, even tho they had issued a flyer with coupon, because where I live, we don't get the Michael's flyer in the stupid weekend paper . . .

A momentary lapse into discount coupon insanity tempted me,
there at the check-out counter to rush over to this abandoned shopping cart in the distance where I could actually SEE a discarded flyer WITH coupon intact (!!!!!) . . . but , I got a grip, maintained my composure and paid full price.

I didn't want to embarrass my children . . . :rolleyes:

Kicked myself all the way out the door and to the car . . . ROTFL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 12:34 PM   #86  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Isn't it frustrating to know something so great "might" be at a store . . . but so far away?

Every time I read about the fun finds at Michael's, it puts me in such a pouty mood; the nearest one to me is an hour away, and depending on which direction I go, it also includes a ferry ride costing me $16. By the time I can finally get there, if they even have any left, the additional costs just to get one just kills me!
Well I don't have near the travel you do- but yeah, this is why, when even if it costs a couple bucks more I tend to order most stuff through TAC or SU. Even if it's backordered (which things rarely are) I know, that the exact color and amount I want will show up at my door.

As for the coupon- that's frustrating. I don't have kids, so depending on what I was buying I might have lunged for the discared sales flyer. I am lucky enough to live walking distance to Hobby Lobby so the whole "loss leader" philosophy of coupons doesn't work on me. I do actually go in there and buy 1 ink pad. Then I go and buy 1 jar of embossing powder the next day. I'm sure the mark up is high enough that they still make something, but it's nice that I can "afford" to use coupons on the little stuff too!

(But I no longer live close enough to Michael's or Joann's. Joann's is only about 15 minutes one way, but Michael's is 40)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #87  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Here's a stupid question tho--I keep hearing that the tote is $19.95. The one I stumbled onto a week ago was priced at $14.95. Did they suddenly raise the price on this thing? It was not sale priced on the receipt, and Michael's would not grant me a 40% off, even tho they had issued a flyer with coupon, because where I live, we don't get the Michael's flyer in the stupid weekend paper . . .

A momentary lapse into discount coupon insanity tempted me,
there at the check-out counter to rush over to this abandoned shopping cart in the distance where I could actually SEE a discarded flyer WITH coupon intact (!!!!!) . . . but , I got a grip, maintained my composure and paid full price.

I didn't want to embarrass my children . . . :rolleyes:

Kicked myself all the way out the door and to the car . . . ROTFL!
I hear ya! I only know when stuff is on sale when I actually am in the store. The only coupons or flyers I receive are JoAnn's - because I am on the mailing list.

When I bought the totes they were full price :-( (but still kind of a bargain because I've seen similar (but smaller) craft totes at AC Moore for $30). The cashier said 'oh you should see when these go on sale for $12.99', I asked when the next sale was, she didn't know. :rolleyes:

LOL - but the word must have been out on these totes because I happened to be in Michael's on Wednesday looking at them & they had plenty. By Friday they were down to 4!!! I scooped up 3!

I've already loaded up one of them with stuff in my car to organize it better - love it!!!!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #88  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked one up yesterday! I got the pink/brown one. Our Michael's has them in a "flex" space, which means it's either a temporary item, or they just don't have a permanent location for them yet. I paid $12 something, 40% of $19.99
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:01 PM   #89  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

They are regulary priced $19.95, but when I went a little over a week ago with my 50% off coupon I was informed at the register that they were on sale for 14.95 so I couldn't use my coupon. GRRRRRRR. There were NO sale signs anywhere near them! I bought my pink and brown one anyway and I LOVE it!!!! Took it to a friend's to stamp yesterday and was thrilled with everything I could fit in it!

A little tip...if you have those plastic document boxes from the Target Dollar Spot last year, they fit in the middle section perfectly for your 81/2x11 CS and/or finished cards, etc.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #90  
Kookie Creator

I now know what I want Santa to bring me! TFS

My Blog - www.1prince2princesses.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #91  
Stampin' Fool

I just bought one on ebay for 13.99. Our Michaels does not have them which is nothing new. It is cute. I got the turquoise/brown.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #92  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momofoneson
I just bought one on ebay for 13.99. Our Michaels does not have them which is nothing new. It is cute. I got the turquoise/brown.
Was that with shipping? If so, what a deal? I checked out ebay, but the "reasonably" priced ones all had $10ish for shipping!

Here's hoping Mom finds one, and I don't explode waiting until Christmas. I've wanted one since early oct.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #93  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

I just typed a nice response and then get ANOTHER database error and lost my whole reply. I got one yesterday. Used a 50% coupon I had. Finally found a store that had the black one in stock. DH is eyeing it.... he had the same idea for using it in his car.... I don't THINK SO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:33 PM   #94  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek
I hear ya! I only know when stuff is on sale when I actually am in the store. The only coupons or flyers I receive are JoAnn's - because I am on the mailing list.

When I bought the totes they were full price :-( (but still kind of a bargain because I've seen similar (but smaller) craft totes at AC Moore for $30). The cashier said 'oh you should see when these go on sale for $12.99', I asked when the next sale was, she didn't know. :rolleyes:

LOL - but the word must have been out on these totes because I happened to be in Michael's on Wednesday looking at them & they had plenty. By Friday they were down to 4!!! I scooped up 3!

I've already loaded up one of them with stuff in my car to organize it better - love it!!!!

Anne
You did me a great favor, Miss Anne! Even at full price + shipping it to me, you actually SAVED me $$$!

Let's pretend I got another chance to get off the rock, and went deliberately just to buy this item. The price of the tote, including sales tax and ferry fees, would have cost me $37.61. This does not include the expense of gas it takes to get all the way down the island to the ferry dock, to the store, and back home again.

And, when I did a little pokin' around online, the other day, thinkin' mebbe I'd order another one online (prior to your gracious offer) I discovered a number of Ebay vendors that had the very same tote for sale at a price of $25, prior to S & H.
Anne-girl! Thank you!!!!

You're a life-saver!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #95  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momofoneson
WOW! I wasn't specifically looking for them on Ebay, but the ones I did find listed at $25. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #96  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami
They are regulary priced $19.95, but when I went a little over a week ago with my 50% off coupon I was informed at the register that they were on sale for 14.95 so I couldn't use my coupon. GRRRRRRR. There were NO sale signs anywhere near them! I bought my pink and brown one anyway and I LOVE it!!!! Took it to a friend's to stamp yesterday and was thrilled with everything I could fit in it!

A little tip...if you have those plastic document boxes from the Target Dollar Spot last year, they fit in the middle section perfectly for your 81/2x11 CS and/or finished cards, etc.
AH HA! I've got a couple of those buried in the closet, thanks for the tip, Jami!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #97  
Forum Fanatic

AH! I wish I hadn't ever read this thread. I had resigned myself to knowing I wouldn't get this tote. But now that there is the possibility someone else might be able to pick it up for me, I'm going crazy. "What if it's not there." "What if it is there, but not in pink?" "Will she tell me she got it, or do I have to wait until Christmas"

Oh this is horrible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #98  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11
AH HA! I've got a couple of those buried in the closet, thanks for the tip, Jami!

Forgot to mention...
both a document box
AND
an ATG gun
BOTH fit in that middle section together!!!!

I love that tote! I'm thinking about getting the matching rolling cart too.

Last edited by Jami; 10-22-2006 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 03:25 PM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

in todays Mikes ad they are 12.99

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #100  
Kookie Creator

I can't find them on e-Bay~~can someone give a link? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #101  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Here are a few

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-NEW-MYSTERY-...em190042400123

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCRAP-PAPER-SCIS...em270044387199

http://cgi.ebay.com/Scrap-Paper-Scis...em220038364199

Do you not have a Michael's nearby?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #102  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

OK, yeah, sure! Just rub that in, too. Target's just as far from me as Michael's. Of course I missed out on those last year! snort! :rolleyes:

But, out of curiosity, Miss Jami, is there anything that can compare so I can get a visual on these "document boxes" and what they look like? Naturally, you have piqued my curiosity . . .

Of course, we all know what happened to the cat, tho . . .

ppppppffffffffffffffttttttttttt!!!!! ROTFL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #103  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorinda
in todays Mikes ad they are 12.99
Yeah, went to mine and they were out really bummed........I'm calling them tomorrow!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 05:05 PM   #104  
Stampin' Fool

Slight hijack here.... the first link is from a seller in Charlottesville, VA home of UVA and the Dave Matthews Band!!!!

Please excuse the slight interruption and return to the thread:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #105  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

OK, yeah, sure! Just rub that in, too. Target's just as far from me as Michael's. Of course I missed out on those last year! snort! :rolleyes:

But, out of curiosity, Miss Jami, is there anything that can compare so I can get a visual on these "document boxes" and what they look like? Naturally, you have piqued my curiosity . . .

Of course, we all know what happened to the cat, tho . . .

ppppppffffffffffffffttttttttttt!!!!! ROTFL!
Anything for you Julie!!!

This one from Target is about 3/4" thick. I also have some from a Japanese Dollar store that are about 1 1/2" thick and they also fit nicely. I love those document boxes - I find so many uses for them. My twinkling H2O's fir perfectly in the thinner ones. They are great for storing projects in process, etc. etc.
Attached Thumbnails
new tote at michaels-document-box.jpg   new tote at michaels-storage-003.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #106  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

My Michaels had a BOATLOAD of them yesterday... The last time they were $12.99 they sold out and gave rainchecks here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #107  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Anything for you Julie!!!

This one from Target is about 3/4" thick. I also have some from a Japanese Dollar store that are about 1 1/2" thick and they also fit nicely. I love those document boxes - I find so many uses for them. My twinkling H2O's fir perfectly in the thinner ones. They are great for storing projects in process, etc. etc.
Oo oo! OK, now I know what to look for!!! There's an AWESOME Japanese Dollar Store at the mall! We go shopping there (the mall, not the Dollar Store) every Christmas, so I'll definitely zip into there to pick a few of these up for my tote!

Thanks, Jami!

Muah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #108  
Kookie Creator

My word!! One on e-Bay sold for $46.99 plus $14.00 shipping. Whoever bought that has to be nuts!!
Thanks for posting the links. I do have a Michael's about 35 miles away and think I may have to make a run for it. Maybe I'll call them first though;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 02:54 AM   #109  
Stampin' Fool

The seller I got mine from is a new seller, but she has 100% positive feedback. I think it is because she is new that the only bid she got was mine but I am happy about it. 13.99, plus shipping which was 8.95 priority (which is exactly what it would be if I got it anywhere else) is really reasonable since our Michaels never has anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 04:38 AM   #110  
Mad Swapper

Ohhhh ... my M's has these on sale for $12.99 this week. Guess I'll head there this morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 AM   #111  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamper
My Michaels had a BOATLOAD of them yesterday... The last time they were $12.99 they sold out and gave rainchecks here.
And, you bought them all, right? Or, at least one in every color, right?????

Just cuz they're so stinkin' cute, right?????

I wasn't thinkin' clearly when I spied mine. At $14.95, I should have bought several and tucked them away for gifts. Why is it I never think ahead????? :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 07:18 AM   #112  
Mad Swapper

Woohoo! Just back from M's ... got myself a celery and brown tote. They only had two of that color left! They had tons of the pink and brown ones, a few teal ones and one or two black ones.

Can't wait to use mine! Will come in handy when I start teaching!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 07:33 AM   #113  
Crimping Master

Wink

AAAACCCKKKKK! I must have one!
This website is dangerous. . . . :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #114  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by petunia
AAAACCCKKKKK! I must have one!
This website is dangerous. . . . :twisted:
chuckle! We enable only for the good of stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 11:15 AM   #115  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hadn't even looked at the Mike's ad this weekend - didn't think there was anything I could possibly need. Then I came here and saw this thread - you evil, evil people. Went right up there after dropping DD off at school and snagged one for me and one for Jan.stamp (shhhhh - I'm going to surprise her). Loved the tip about using it in the car. Mentioned that to the cashier and she was so excited. FYI - the Mike's in Everett, WA had lots.

Consider me enabled!

Niki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #116  
LSN
Glitter Guru

I've just learned that when Her Royal Rubberness (aka JulieHRR) tells you to buy something, you just buy it. No need for questions, you will just love the heck out of it. :p Wo be unto us when the webzine that she's going to be working on will come to fruition. I have a feeling I'll be doling out tons more money.

Linda

I also wanted to add, that I also have the same problem with Trudee and JBalcer (didn't want to make JulieHRR feel like she's the only bad one on this site). :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 11:56 AM   #117  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

chuckle! We enable only for the good of stamping.
SPEW!!!!!!!! That's a new motto to live by - "I enable others for the good of stamping".

Speaking of enabling.....my good friend & fellow stamper just told me of a wonderful craft WAREHOUSE that is located only 20 miles from my home.

I swear the devil has many minions out here doing a good job to corrupt us all!!! :twisted:

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 11:58 AM   #118  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Oh no, Anne. You're in deep poo. Save yourself.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamSarasMom
Hadn't even looked at the Mike's ad this weekend - didn't think there was anything I could possibly need. Then I came here and saw this thread - you evil, evil people. Went right up there after dropping DD off at school and snagged one for me and one for Jan.stamp (shhhhh - I'm going to surprise her). Loved the tip about using it in the car. Mentioned that to the cashier and she was so excited. FYI - the Mike's in Everett, WA had lots.

Consider me enabled!

Niki
Yeah, even dh thought it was pretty nifty as a car organizer, and he doesn't like much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2006, 12:07 PM   #120  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Oh no, Anne. You're in deep poo. Save yourself.

LOL - seriously I am! You know it was not so long ago that I was complaining about the lack of stamping supplies in my area (other than Michael's, JoAnn's or AC Moore) and now I am finding (or being told about) them all over the place near me!!

<running covering my ears> TELL ME NO MORE!!!!!!!!

LOL, j/k!!!

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes