Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2006, 04:52 AM   #121  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Julie, did your inks come in yet? Can't wait to hear your opinion on these after playing with them for a bit
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 04:58 AM   #122  
Glitter Guru

I asked on the other thread about the colors that come in each palette spot pack, and Lauri G. (lgulotta) posted this list for me.

Escher set is New Canvas, Noir, Charcoal, and Burnt Umber. The New Canvas is white, though it does not (for me, at least) mark very brightly on dark cardstock. Gives a much more subtle effect. Here are the colors in the other sets:
Degas--Nude, toile pink, ballet blue, lavender
Cezanne--prussian blue, liliac, bordeaux, jardin moss
Lautrec--moulin rouge, cognac, landscape, beaux arts blue
Morisot--burnt sienna, haystack, raw sienna, orangerie
Gaugin--paris lights, claret, chartreuse, seascape
Monet--reflection blue, belle rose, iris, waterlily
Renoir--cote d'azure, violete, giverny green, boudoir blush
Van Gogh--starry night, l'amore, sunflower, veridian leaf

Hope this helps someone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 05:00 AM   #123  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
Can't wait to hear your opinion on these after playing with them for a bit
Me too, me too! And I'll be checking this thread. (I've got a birthday coming up and my dh is asking for suggestions!)
Psalm 113:3

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 05:37 AM   #124  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianerh
Makani--Sounds like your pads are extremely juicy! What about letting your pad "air dry" a bit? I did over re-ink my Noir once so I let it "air dry" for a while. Voila! Problem solved! :-) HTH!
:-D oohhh! That sounds like a great idea! I have a few spots that are very juicy too. I don't mind that on bold stamps but for fine lines (like on words) it can be too much...I'm going to try that! Thanks for the tip, Diane!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 06:34 AM   #125  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Does it stain your stamps like StazOn does??

Robyn
Some of the color's do stains the rubber.

Something I have found is if I use a Toothbrush and a good Cleaner, It will take the stain's away.

The Red's and Blues are the ones I have had staining problems with, and they are juicer that the other color's.

I quess the key point would be to Clean the stamp right after you use it.!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 06:38 AM   #126  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocForHelp
Thought I'd toss my 2cents in... but first, THANK YOU JULIE for the final word on the differences in the SU! inks and other inks! It's a question I think I've had for 3 or 4 YEARS!~
You are most welcome!

Quote:

Anyway, I bought the Palette Inks from TAC- got a couple of spot sets. I wanted to used them instead of Staz-on on the marble tile coasters I make. But the drag is that the ink was SO juicy it totally overwhelmed/bled on the marble porous surface. The TAC demo said I should heat set it in the oven at 350F (time unknown).
I usually blot the excess ink off the surface of an overly juicy ink pad with paper towel. Altho, it makes me cringe to do that--I feel like I'm "wasting" precious ink . . .

Heat setting tiles is frequently suggested so that you can do a batch of them at one time, instead of each one individually, and, ya' don't haft "babysit" 'em during the process. ;)

Quote:

I wanted to get away from Staz-on because new pads are too juicy- too much bleeding, I hate having black rubber on my stamps, and the stuff stinks- to say is messy to clean up. But, honestly for this application on marble- I will stay with my staz-on.
It's true that some inks simply perform best when used primarily for the applications they were specifically designed for. No one ink can do it "all", much as we'd like.
Quote:

Onto my second Palette ink trial- I stamped on wood- I swear that thing took 2 days to dry! and no, I didn't feel comfortable burning down the house by heat setting it in the oven.
I don't think you'd burn down the house, if the setting were low enough, but I would be concerned about warping the wood . . . ? Hitting it with a heat gun might prove a better strategy with wood--limited blast of heat, control on how far back to hold the heat source? Mebbe you could even try a hairdryer instead??????

Quote:

As for easy to clean off the rubber- had no issues. Simple washed the stamp off under some water along with a quick rub on a wet paper towel.

Last comment on Palette- didn't like the smell much either. Oh, but my nose is very ~~sensitive~~..

However, now that I've read these posts- I think I will try it on fabric and on paper for my water color projects.
I believe it will perform beautifully on paper; for fabric, I personally would be more inclined to use SU! Craft or VersaCraft (formerly known as Fabrico), just due to knowing from my own past experiences the results they achieve.

Quote:

So, I too thought I had found the solution to all my problems... but I won't be buying any more Palette inks right now...
I'll be thrilled with Palette, if they perform as I hope on paper, acetate, vellum, polyshrink and glossy card stock. I'll just continue to use SU! Craft for embossing, and for fabric and wood projects.

Quote:

But... I think I've been enticed by Julie's words on the wonders of Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks and the Brilliance inks... hmmmn wonder when the store opens tomorrow ....ha ha ha ha.... :-D ROFL
Happy shopping! (chuckle!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 06:45 AM   #127  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
So Julie, did your inks come in yet? Can't wait to hear your opinion on these after playing with them for a bit
Not yet. I ordered all the spots through a friend who was combining several orders. Since I'm not in a rush (not like I don't have a ton of inks at my fingertips already :rolleyes: ), I'm just waiting patiently until they do come. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 06:51 AM   #128  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle
Speaking of the Palette spots, does anyone know how juicy they are? I've been wanting to order some but didn't want to have to invest in all the reinkers. The only color I have right now is black and I love it for watercoloring!
Lisa,
Right from the start when TAC started selling Palette ink pads and spots.

I starting getting the Palette ink spots.
I fell in love with them right away.
The little 1" x 1" ink spot. That I have had since 2005-2006 Catalog Are still very juicy!
I have not had to use any re-inkers on them yet!

I use them all the time!!!

My favorite is the Noir because I like to use my H20 paint pots and my H20 Primas pencils.
This ink does not run at all!

I have found that they Red's and Blues are Super Juicy!!
The other reason I have the Palette ink spots.
Is I got 4 colors for about the same cost of the Palette ink full size pad.
And for showing the Ink at a Workshop I thought this would be better. And must easier on my pocketbook.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 AM   #129  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
I just ordered my first Colorbox Fluid Chalk inks and they should be in today!

And as for the TAC Pallete Inks...I have two sets of the spots and a noir and burnt umber. I uhm....*is bad*....got rid of my SU pads after I used the noir the first time. I know...I'm horrible! I didn't totally get rid of them....I just moved them out of the stamp table to make room for the new pads untill I get them onto the B/S/T forum or something. ;)

You're gonna LOVE the Colorbox Fluid Chalk inks!!

I have 3 full size ink pads myself and I LOVE the way they look on paper.

I also use the Charcoal Chalk ink the most for just about everything. It work's great with Watercoloring and Blending pens.

I have not ever had to heat set any of these!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 07:00 AM   #130  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
I just purchased Burnt Umber and I can't wait to use it :p

Julie ~ I LOVE my Palette pads, the images are so sharp and clean, it's unbelievable! :mrgreen:
Jovi,

Ooohhhh you're gonna get HOOKED!!!!!!

Love my Palette inks. I use them all the time.
They are rich and crisp looking!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 07:03 AM   #131  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
I�ve only been using Palette for a couple months now� so I really need to know how I should store these pads� upside down or right side up? :confused:

Jovi, I have had mine since 2005 and I have alway stored them right side up.

They have never been re-inked.

I have not had any problem with mine!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 07:07 AM   #132  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplace
OK, maybe this is a silly question, but I thought the Hybrid inks were waterproof and could not be used for watercoloring? Is that not true OR are you just using something else to water color. I'd love to use some to make coasters but don't want to have to use a q tip or anything, so if they are really waterproof I guess I can just use a solid image and heat set. Has anyone else done that yet?

Can you tell I'm just looking for a reason to buy these? :mrgreen:

I have used them for watercoloring and I have not had a problem with them.

I don't know about the solid stamped images.
This I have not try. sorry:(

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 07:28 AM   #133  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Lisa C- thanks for posting that list! I was just wondering about that as I was looking through my catalog.

I just got the Noir and the New Canvas in an order yesterday. I opened my bag, and thought I'd ordered the wrong color - could have sworn the New Canvas was white, but mine was kind of a khaki color. Said "New Canvas" right on it though, so I figured I was just confused and had ordered the wrong thing, although I kind of liked the color.

Well, turns out the lids on these aren't clear - they're kind of a smoky brown. So my New Canvas is definitely white. Now I need to see if they make one the color that mine looked like before I opened it up. I've gotten attached to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 AM   #134  
Rubber Obsessor

I have all but one color set of the palette inks. I have all spots butI might get a couple of colors in full size (the ones I use a lot). I need reinkers, too, some of my spots are almost dried out. But I use 'em a TON!! LOL I store them upside down.

A lot of my clear stamps are stained- I am BAD about cleaning right away. And between black staz-on, noir palette, and black versa craft, they are STAINED!! Kiss off stick didnt even take it off. agh!

I think the palette inks are the closest thing to the perfect ink.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #135  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks everyone for your terrific posts. You ladies have sold me on the fact that I *NEED* and must have some Palette inks. I know I want noir (black), but I also want a color resembling SU! Choco Chip or Basic Brown. Would this be "Burnt Umber."

Concerning other inks, JHHR mentioned that Versacraft is the old Fabrico. Does Versacraft sell the pigment markers? I think they used to be called Fabrico markers, and everyone on this site raved about them. Are they great? I want them to color in my coasters if I do use my many $ worth of StazOn pads(instead of my future Palette inks) in hopes that they won't smear my StazOn.

Also to hijack--does Splitcoast offer a specific forum for all demos to list themselves as demos if they want? I think it would be great to have a TAC demo locator or a SU! demo locator, Avon, etc. on this site. If there is no one I know in my area that is a demo and I have to call TAC to get one, I think I'd rather buy from a TAC demo in my area that is also a splitcoast member that I can at least say I've read posts from or seen beautiful creations from. I say this b/c I now need a TAC demo!!!

Thanks for any help and for letting me hijack!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #136  
Crimping Master

I don't know much about exact SU colors, but I LOVE the Palette Burnt Umber and use it all the time!!! Can't say enough about it.

I also have lots of Fabrico markers. We (TAC) used to sell them indiv., but now only in sets since the manufacturer changed how they were doing it. Anyway... I use them on tiles, along with All Purpose inks and they blend beautifully. Heat set, and they're permanent. Both of these can also be used on fabric (AP inks and Fabrico)--you can color in an outline image or color your stamp and huff. You can actually do it that way on tiles too.

Between Palettes, AP inks and Fabrico I feel like I can do just about anything! ;-) Then again, I love my chalk inks too....sigh.... :-)
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #137  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Camper

Also to hijack--does Splitcoast offer a specific forum for all demos to list themselves as demos if they want? I think it would be great to have a TAC demo locator or a SU! demo locator, Avon, etc. on this site. If there is no one I know in my area that is a demo and I have to call TAC to get one, I think I'd rather buy from a TAC demo in my area that is also a splitcoast member that I can at least say I've read posts from or seen beautiful creations from. I say this b/c I now need a TAC demo!!!

Thanks for any help and for letting me hijack!
You can call The Angel Company to find a demonstrator near you. If you want someone on SCS, you can just look at signature lines to see who is one and contact them. I don't know how you'd find both though unless you posted a message with the title "looking for a TAC demo in XXXXX"! Any demo can do a customer direct order and have it shipped directly to you. I found one clear across the US from me and then signed up since there wasn't anyone in my area. We are both on SCS and correspond via email and PM's.

Oh, and BTW...Burnt Umber is the color you are looking for (it's awesome) and TAC sells Fabrico Markers too!

-Joyce
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #138  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks, Nancy and Joyce for your input : )

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #139  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Camper
Thanks, Nancy and Joyce for your input : )

Sarah
You're Very Welcome!!!!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #140  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy to help!

-Joyce
Reply With Quote Likes